Thread: I outed myself as a start

Silver Member

I outed myself as a start

Yesterday afternoon I went for a pedicure on my red polished nails... same tech ... she's seen my red nails several times. When she finished, I asked her to come look at a phone photo (of me taken at DLV). She held my phone, said the lady was pretty and asked who she was. I told her, ME! She said, "nooo", but I again said ME. She enlarged the photo's face, and held the phone next to my face... same eyes, glasses and smile, said she, and gave me a big grin.

I told her I often dress as a woman and that my toenails are always polished. Another big grin from her. I said I might come in one day as a woman.... might. She got excited and hoped I would.

It was small icebreaker, but now someone else knows I dress. I'll bet all the shop techs know, now, too. Its a small beginning for me locally. The fact that she didn't recognize me... makeup, wig, etc...tells me I can be out and about with little chance of being recognized as 'me'.

Jenny, nice story. Her refusal to believe you is cute.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I go to get my pedicure always dressed to me it’s the best way to enjoy my pedicure.
    Ive become a regular at this one salon and the ladies are all very sweet

The nail salon is a great place to dress and get constructive comments about your look, makeup and so forth. The techs are in the business of helping people look good, love having stories to tell each other, and it's a small, controlled environment where you are somewhat unlikely to bump into people you know well.

And if you come in a dress and heels, they will never question why you'd want colored polish on your nails!

- Diane

I wonder how many others like yourself use that salon.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

It may be a bigger step than you think Jenny. I came out to my Beautician, either that or she would have done my brows like I was some Guy !!!

And after that didn't it come out easily, It just started flowing out of my mouth, No control at all!

Sounds like you've definitely broken the ice though
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Platinum Member
    Just a tip for those who haven’t done a pedi while dressed: wear sandals and shorts or capris.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Great store now you get to dress and do what all the ladies in my life love go and get your nails done.

Jenny have fun Connie

I think many nail techs know guys dress and I have showed pictures of myself dressed to a nail tech before. she got excited and hit me with a bunch of questions.