Thread: Yet another fun time at MAC

Yet another fun time at MAC

So this past week, I was able to enjoy a leisurely “staycation.” On Tuesday, I found myself at the local mall (the Poughkeepsie Galleria), and of course had to swing by the MAC counter at Macy’s to see what was new and exciting. One of my favorite artists, Stephanie, was working, and, realizing that I had nothing else planned for the rest of the day and that it had been a good long time since I’d had a proper makeover done, I asked her if she wouldn’t mind making me look fabulous. Of course she was game, so she grabbed her trusty brush set and spent the next hour giving my face a good and thorough beating. At the end of the process, I did indeed look pretty fabulous, if I do say so myself.

After I got done admiring her amazing handiwork, she gave me a hug, thanked me for dropping by, and told me that I had made her day. (I assured her the opposite was also true.) She even asked if she could take a photo to post to the counter’s Instagram page.

Afterwards, I decided the only reasonable course of action would be to swing home, exchange my boy clothes for a cute dress, throw on a wig, and head back out to do some shopping. Of course, I had to head back to Macy’s to show Steph the finished look. By coincidence, her boss (MAC’s retail manager for all of upstate New York) was there for a site visit, so Steph got to show off her handiwork, and I got to put in a good word for her by telling her boss what an amazing and talented artist she was. A win all around!

Now, as an aside, I asked Stephanie as she was working on me how often she did makeup applications on guys. She said, on average, about once or maybe twice a year. I’d asked a different artist at the same store the same question several months ago, and she said she’d done “maybe ten or twelve” makeovers on guys in the FIFTEEN YEARS she’d been working there. Now, granted, we’re talking about Poughkeepsie NY, not exactly a sprawling metropolis, but surely there must be more of us around than that! A makeover is such a fun and educational way to spend an hour, and MAC has proven time and again that they LOVE us. Sisters of the Hudson Valley, give these folks a call and go get fabulized!

Oh, almost forgot. Here’s the post-makeover photo. I unfortunately didn’t think to get another pic after I completed the look.

E1BA138C-0CCE-4F02-A0D2-C01A6BF66FBC.jpg
    Last edited by Xenia; 06-18-2018 at 09:35 AM. Reason: removing extraneous HTML tags

Great look Xenia, Thanks for sharing this wonderful story.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

You look great! I wish I had my own MAC Makeup associate.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 06-29-2018 at 09:23 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.