Thread: Style reversal

Style reversal

I was at a gathering the other day where a group of professional women meet and then went to lunch. As they mingled I noticed and was affixed on a large young woman that I had heard speak and knew she was one of the smartest and probably one of the best at the job of any. But what struck me was she was the least professionally attired. She wore to-tight jeans tennis shoes and a polo shirt with organizational embroidery and it too was to tight and revealed she had on a tank top under it as well as her bra. Her hair was very long and straight and was very attractive. Her face was without makeup period. In short she was a very nice looking person that was dressed and presented in a less than faltering way. This stuck in my mind as how if I was her I would dress so much differently. But for some reason it stuck in my head and I wanted to try a similar look for a few hours to see how she must have felt.

Well I have all the ingredients except hair that long. And I did dress like her. And did my wig as best I could to match. When I looked into the mirror I was stunned at the simple delight I found in being the exact opposite as my style. It was new to me and felt good to be so easily put together and relaxed. I did put on a touch of lipstick but that was all and it was fantastic to be someone completely opposite in taste.

I wonder if any of you are ever curious and try different style inspired by your own observation. It wasn't something I would normally do or even want to often but it was a breath of fresh air compared to the work and hassles involved in dressing for such an event or to feel pretty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Most women do not dress to the nines all the time. Some do it, but most dont unless for a special occasion. I guess were all guilty of over doing it sometimes. A simple casual feminine presentation can be perfection and feel great. I recently went out shopping in a jean mini skirt and pink fitted top with white sandals. Nice wig and good makeup of course. Showing that much of my legs in public was opposite of what I normally wear. No negative reactions from anybody. If the young women can wear miniskirts, I can too.

Silver Member
    The only thing notable about this is that she was at a meeting of professionals for, I assume, some kind of professional purpose and therefore wanted to make a positive impression. It would help if she dressed more professionally... or at least wear a shirt that fits properly. I doubt showing off your figure like that scores points with other professional women.

Probably a consultant who meet with women from a high profile company?
    I've been on courses where all the men had suits, and the presenter was from a "education provider" company in t-shirt and jeans.

In t-shirt and jeans, I knew more about what I was instructing on than any of the suits, so probably would have looked like the smart one (but I don't know anything about share trading, accounts etc like the suits did).

As for styles, I like to mix depending on my mood
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Vickie she sure was showing her figure but not in a sexy way. The polo showed her belly and I suppose that was the reason for the tank. I enjoyed reproducing her attire and found it a bit of a statement of nonconformity. It was not what I could ever wear in public muchless a meeting but I give her credit for being confident enough to pull it off. As I said she was on top of the game except the personal appearance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Where I used to work had a largely female based workforce (about 85%). My store used to host managers's meetings and sometimes 20 or more would turn up. They wore every style you could think of, from sharp business suits to jeans and sweaters but always totally presentable. Of course I took great notice of what they wore but I have my own style I like and only those with a similar style really piqued my interest. That said I do have the odd day now and then when I will try a different look from my usual.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Interesting Fran! glad to hear that she was the one to stand out as well!
    Some naturally progress through life being who they are both inside and out, seems she is one of those. Best not to change those too much either, as it can be like cutting Samsons hair.

I did try a different style last year which was inspired by the fact that everyone was dressing in black. I found that I was more a Jedi than Vader though!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

My girlfriends years ago would encourage me to try what I thought were outlandish styles.

Surprisingly they were right more often than not.

I got to know how a guinea pig feels. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.