Thread: Crashed my Bicycle

Crashed my Bicycle

Passing a line of stopped cars at the town center, an SUV pulled out of a parking spot in front of me, and over I went. Knees and elbows scraped and a bruise in my hip. The bike, a new, one is trashed. Somebody called the police, so everyone showed up; police, ambulance, even a fire truck. I was asked questions to ascertain whether I had a concussion, and had to sign a paper saying I didn't want to go in the ambulance.

AAA, which advertises free pickup for car customers who are on bikes and have problems, was rather useless. The operator coudn't figure out what to do. I ended up locking the bike in a nearby rack, and walking a few miles home to get my car.

It wasn't until the walk home that it crossed my mind that I was wearing panties and painted toes. I never even thought of it while I was dealing with the paramedics.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

You are lucky ! Panties and toes could have been the least of your problems !

Could have easily been me. I was riding today too. Painted toes and panties myself. I suppose it’s a gamble every time we step out the door. Guess it’s a gamble I’m willing to take. -Meg

You are very lucky to be alive, April Rose. Cyclists often don't survive an argument with a motor vehicle regardless of who is at fault.

If you start getting unusual headaches and other symptoms of concussion, it may be worth getting yourself checked out. The symptoms sometimes don't appear for a day or two.

You are lucky that you didn't get hurt badly April, hitting a car is bad. you are very lucky.
    Part Time Girl

April, I ride my bike to work and got hit a few years ago by a car that darted into the bike lane, no damage to me. So I understand your issues. I as well was wearing panties at the time. I am glad that you are OK
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

April, glad you are all right.

Glad you didn't get hurt! Would you really have minded if the paramedics noticed?

Silver Member
    I can understand not wanting to go in the ambulance, as it can cost literally thousands of dollars for a single ambulance ride, but you should have been checked out at the hospital. If something happens to you later on, they may not be able to tell if it is a result of the accident or not.

My mother had a car accident and cracked a windshield with her head. She refused to go to the hospital. A little over a month later she died in her sleep. It may have been related to the accident, maybe not as she had plenty of preexisting conditions, one of them being head pain so it was not possible to tell by what she left alone. But we will never know for sure, and there is a possibility it could have been prevented. Head injuries are not something to dismiss

Thanks to everyone for your good wishes. I was a fairly serious motorcycle racer many years ago, so I was familiar with the assessment protocol. If I thought there was a chance of anything amiss, I'd have gotten into the ambulance.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

I was in a cycling accident not long ago. I didn't fair as well and had to take the ambulance ride. There was the moment of panic that I had my toes painted and was wearing panties. That was quickly overcome by the thought of dieing. No one said anything about either in the ER. A few days later, a nurse that had been assigned to me for a few days before, mentioned the painted toes as she was checking circulation, but said she hadn't noticed them before. Said she liked them. There was no way they staff hadn't seen my toes, but no one else ever said anything about them. The ER staff probably didn't notice the panties, there was lots of other things for them to worry about while saving my life.

Glad to read that you got through it, Billie. I hope there were no lasting effects.

Gotta love those first responders. They are one of the true gifts of a civilized society.

Platinum Member
    Im glad you could walk!

And as I'm sure many others have stated, the para's and medical staff had much bigger concerns than the color of one's toenails. And they have see things you could not believe. Panties aint nothing to them.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

As a cyclist myself, glad to hear it wasn't worse than that - heal up quick!

Glad to know injuries were limited to scrapes and bruises only. You were very fortunate.
    Like a lady

April glad to read that you are okay.
    That's when you know that you have arrived. It didn't matter to any one what you were wearing.
    For me. I was at a Drs appt. The electronic test I was wired to said I was having theart attack. I was rushed to the ER. After testing there a Dr told me that I would be staying in the hospital for a few days. A nurse handed my clothes to my wife and told her that she should bring fresh bra and panties for me.

Glad that you're okay, and that the only damage was to the bike.

Agree that your panties/toenails are the last thing any first-responder is going to care about.

Michelle

Hmmm..... wearing panties under your padded cycling shorts? That's a no no. Cycling Shorts are meant to be worn sans undies. The materials wick away moisture and reduce chapping in areas where friction normally occurs when heat and moisture build up.

Curvious, I was wearing denim shorts and a golf shirt. The Bike I was riding was a replacement for a second car. It has a lobster trap basket on the back , and I use it for errands under five miles.

ANY time you ride two wheels, it's just a matter of "when", not "if" you're going down. I speak from experience.
    Jon

A few years ago, I almost got into a head on collision, with a speeding car, that had passed a school bus on a highway, and missed me, by about three feet, one morning on a country highway. I had no lady things on, but even if i had, i would not have known about a reaction, because they would have been putting pieces of me, into plastic bags! I am very glad you were not severely injured, nor killed! I have had many close calls on bicycles, too.