Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The dress or the Girl in it

The dress or the Girl in it

I just was at a golf course where there is some kind of prom/wedding about to start. This one young lass was wearing a gold metallic dress that hugged every curve and it had a front slit that was almost indecent.
    First thought, I'd love to have a dress that fit and looked like that. Then, as she walked by I said to myself what a sexy young lady. In the old days the order would have been reversed. Oh well times change and I guess in some ways I have too.

Platinum Member
    Honestly, the dress would still be secondary....the first thought now would be, darn, they sure don't make them the way the used to! The second would be, stop being such a dirty old person, she could be your granddaughter for God's sake!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I guess I’m old, but while I appreciate the beauty of young women I almost always look at what they are wearing and wish I was young enough to look that good in it. I’m such a style person these days

Honestly I am drawn to the clothes 1st then I appraise the wearer. I am not interested in woman but the persona she projects. That can be at any level of appeal and I will still consider her total appearance, sex-appeal is only a small part of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Kim it's more of they didn't make them like that before. Yea, maybe I am still a bit of a dirty old man, but man I want that dress LOL.
    I was talking to a freind of mine over the weekend, being a bit catty about a common friend. I stopped and said sometimes I can be as catty as most women, she started to laugh and said she was just thinking the same thing.

At this point I think I'd look at the clothes, how she looked in them, and whether or not I could pull off a similar fashion.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

For me it's 75% dress 25% girl. Kind of like how bridesmaids sometimes all wear the same dress, but can be hot on one and ugly on another for various reasons. But when you get a good combo its hard to not to stare

It's 100% the dress for me

looking at the dress to see if it fits the person wearing it. the dress for sure.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

I have italian heritage. The girl, then the dress! LOL!

Michelle

The dress then how the girl looks in the dress then how would I look in that dress..
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I love both the dress and the girl. I do look at the dress and I do lust after the girl.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Silver Member
    I dont know how it is for you, but for me, its the combination of the dress and the wearer. If the dress doesn't work on the persons own figure, the result is mediocre at best. When the dress works perfectly on one's body, it is truly stunning. And ANYBODY can be beautiful if the outfit is chosen carefully. This is one more reason why shopping in person is a must.

Banned Read only
    Nikki,
    I'm going to say the dress first , that is why there are so many very wealthy designers they do their job well ! You only have to think of the film " Pretty Woman " to see what people think of dress code .

How often have you seen a stunning gown but the lady wearing it is only moderatley attractive the dress lifts her like it does us . How many times have you been in a situation of seeing a woman eye up a dress in a store and say , " If only !" For one reason or another they know they can't pull it off . The one sad point is some haven't got the confidence to wear it , they know it's going to attract attention and they can't handle that . That's why we have to careful not to go OTT , we have to learn to wear the right clothes at the right time , the problem is what drives us often puts us in the limelight whether we planned it or not .

I remember the time I wore a strapless gown for the first time , we dressed in the hotel room and then had the long walk to the ballroom , passing many hotel guests, our dresses did stand out , the attention was very daunting !
    Last edited by Teresa; 06-09-2018 at 06:14 PM.

Teresa you are correct that there is a time and a place for an outfit. This girl was a prom attendee and her dress was very appropriate and it fit her like a glove.
    You are correct though about the "If only". I would love the dress but I could not pull it off, and honestly I would never have a place to wear it. I do have formal dresses that are age and occasion appropriate but it is rare to have the opportunity to wear them.

For me even during the teenage years, it was always WOW! What a lovely dress, then, would I be able to get it in my size,
    Has she got the accessories right? Would I have had my hair and make up done like that,
    Last edited by Rosemary+; 06-09-2018 at 05:16 PM.

Myself I would find the girl IN the dress attractive. If she was sexy and carrying it well, I would notice "Her" first, then study her clothing (The things that added to her appeal).

Platinum Member
    Hi Nikki , I have learned to enjoy the total package. >Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Probably more girl, then dress for me. A beautiful gal in an ugly dress can still beautiful. But an ugly gal in a beautiful dress is still ugly! Of course a great dress on a beautiful gal and I am a mess!

There is a woman I work with, tall, blonde, thin, wears heels all the time. Simply stunning, even in blue jeans. I have trouble concentrating when talking to her!

If we're being honest, I've always had a wandering eye, I do love checking out attractive women, the beauty of it now is; when my wife catches me looking I can get of with it by saying I was admiring her fashion sense, I do admire the clothing too, as generally if they have caught my eye it's because they are dresssed nicely.

It's the woman first and foremost but the dress is very important too. I'll often look at a woman and wish I could a dress like that. I check out to see if she's wearing tights and the colour of them.

Our outlook changes with time and frequency of dressing. I tend to think like you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Honestly, the dress would still be secondary....the first thought now would be, darn, they sure don't make them the way the used to! The second would be, stop being such a dirty old person, she could be your granddaughter for God's sake!
    It's the dress AND the girl. And since I don't have any kids, she couldn't be my granddaughter!
    As far as being a dirty old person, well I wash every day, and sex isn't a disgusting dirty behavior. It's fun!
    Gee, it's the 21st century, we really have to get past the nonsense that sex is dirty or something to be avoided because it's not proper, or that young people can't have sex with old people.
    It hurts no one. (unless they want it to! Pain is fun for some!).
    Now you young folks, get out there and have sex with a senior citizen! No pregnancy worries! And they'll appreciated it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnzRCFWW8AE
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

For me it's the dress and the girl and then to further complicate things I'll add a third element of wishing I were the girl.

I often think I'd love to wear that dress! But do appreciate the woman wearing it.