Thread: sharing my experiences in a panel discussion

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cereal Killer Ashley in Virginia's Avatar

sharing my experiences in a panel discussion

Hi, I've been asked to share my experience with being trans and my transition to a group of parents of transgender teens. On the panel will be myself, a woman who's 17 year old daughter has had GRS and a trans male.

I sat on a similar panel for the same group last year, but it was a total train wreck. I felt unprepared, super unsure of myself and really nervous. I don't know how to prepare for this and exactly what to share and what not to share. My story is pretty negative and I'm not trying to scare these parents. I don't know how to start, or where to go. I'd like to make it Q&A, but I don't think the lady who runs the group is up for that.

The group isn't foreign to me. I have been attending occasional meetings with them to share about my child's transition and to try and help them understand transitioning a little better. I am friendly with all of the people I have met. The crowd is 95% women.

So any thoughts on public speaking and ideas how to frame my story would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by Ashley in Virginia; 06-08-2018 at 06:21 PM.
    If I ever get real rich, I hope I'm not real mean to poor people, like I am now.