Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossdressing And Looking For a Relationship

Alice, I can relate to your situation too. Whilst I was actually married for a time that ended over thirty years ago and I have not had a relationship since. I too tried the dating sites but nothing ever came of it - it seems that women naturally assume if you are on a dating site you are married and looking for an affair. I'm now approaching 68 and like you I don't think I will ever date again.

I do have a very good female friend (30 years younger than me) that I meet fairly regularly but it is no more than just good friends. She does not know about about my femme life (although she often says I am in touch with my feminine side more than most men) and I have no idea how she would take it if she ever found out. Also none of my family know either so the act of juggling both sides of me can be stressful at times.
    Sasha

I have already decided if I were to lose my wife, I would seek the companionship of another crossdresser. The odds of finding another woman at my age who would be supportive of my desire to dress would be remote if not impossible. Why would I want to subject myself to all the angst and heartache of seeking approval for who I am? I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life alone, and I figure sex is sex no matter whom you have it with.
    Last edited by Donna St. Marten; 06-11-2018 at 02:14 PM.

I am 72 and never been married. I tell people that I never met the right girl but, in reality, I never wanted to tell someone I crossdressed or having her later find out that I had not been honest. A coward perhaps.

Karen Sue

Piora the adage, Honesty is the best policy comes to mind.
    If you fill out the profile on a dating site put in there that you are a heterosexual cross dresser. If I get the computer dating thing, if you don't meet she doesn't get any of your information. Of course fill out the rest of your interests etc.
    I met my wife long before this computer dating stuff happened. God forbid if something were to happen to my wife and I wanted to date again. Honesty on a computer dating site would be the way I would go.

At my age I have outlived two great woman, if I could find another CD that's were I would get involved. If you are not honest up front it will come back on you with less then desirable results.

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    Now, she has a B.A. in psychology in M.S. in organizational psychology, so her ability to read and accept information about people may be higher than your average person.
    Gee, do you think? ^this is what we are facing. Women who are that intelligent and are able to understand and accept all the psycholigical dynamics of our behavior, also almost always have much better options in mates than to date crossdressers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    Dating sites are the perfect opportunity! You can let potential matches know up front about your crossdressing and never have to deal with face to face rejection! As for finding “the one”, well that’s never easy for anyone and it’s not just gonna fall into your lap.
    &
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherylgyno View Post
    Piora the adage, Honesty is the best policy comes to mind. If you fill out the profile on a dating site put in there that you are a heterosexual cross dresser. If I get the computer dating thing, if you don't meet she doesn't get any of your information. Of course fill out the rest of your interests etc.. I met my wife long before this computer dating stuff happened. God forbid if something were to happen to my wife and I wanted to date again. Honesty on a computer dating site would be the way I would go.
    I've been on the major dating sites since 1998. All I usually get are prostitutes and the like, and men responding to my ads that state up front that I'm a crossdresser. In 1999, I put up two identical ads on America Online's dating site. They, at the time, had over 20 million members. The 'plain' ad which DID NOT mention my crossdressing got plenty of hits every day. The ad (otherwise identical) that mentioned I'm a crossdresser? A few. Some prostitutes, a few guys, one woman from England (I'm in the U.S.). Over the years, on plentyoffish, alt, OKcupid, match, and a few others, virtually zero interest from non sex-professional women in any ad that mentions crossdressing. Oh, I did have a couple of women over the years tell me that they were fine with it, but eventually they finally told me that they just assumed that I would give it up, as they didn't really like it. And that's been the story all along. Seems that I'm a great catch; until you figure in the crossdressing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna St. Marten View Post
    I have already decided if I were to lose my wife, I would seek the companionship of another crossdresser.
    Gee, that's just great if you're bisexual. What about the straight guys?

Still anxiously awaiting all of you who supposedly know lots of crossdresser accepting women to start that date a crossdresser dating website with all those GG's on it. Been waiting a long time. So I suppose it's all just a lot of hot air, you don't want to get rich, or you just hate the rest of us and like to tease us about how YOU found a crossdresser enthusiast GG, and will keep the rest for yourself too, for when you get tired of her.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 06-15-2018 at 03:49 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.