Thread: Out again!!!

Out again!!!

As I mentioned before I just started dressing after a 2 y ear hiatus. I went to the grocery store dressed today. I was very nervous but all seemed to go well. On the way home I stopped in one of my favorites, Sephora. I started talking to one of the sales associates. She told me that I looked good but could tell I was nervous. Just have to get that confidence back. It will take time but it was great to be back.
    Last edited by Angela Marie; 06-07-2018 at 03:56 PM.

Aspiring Member
    Well I went out for the 3d time today, and yes walking about with confidence helps. I needed to buy some office supplies and popped into a local Staples. Had to use the toilet too (damned prostate...) and used the one appropriate to the gender I was presenting. One of the clerks (female) smiled and said hi as I walked through the aisles. Found what I wanted, went to the cash, paid for my stuff, cashier was very pleasant, handed me my bag and said "thank you ma'am". I was so used to hearing "sir" I almost fell off my heels!

Another successful confidence-building adventure!

See! There are a lot of us out there, the Sephora girl has seen it all before.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Being appropriately dressed for the venue and occasion plus a confident presentation are immediate "pluses". I have often suggested to people that going grocery shopping is a good activity. Most people are so busy trying to find what they want that they pay little attention to others.
    Hugs, Carole

Aspiring Member
    That's what I noticed at Staples too. Most folks just went about their business, and the employees did what they were trained to do, be pleasant to the customers. The (female) cashier was very spontaneous in saying "merci madame" (French part of the country!), not put on at all, just an automatic reply with a smile. While I am sure I could be read, there was nothing masculine about my dress or demeanor: casual shirt dress, wedge sandals, bare legs (warm weather), makeup and lip gloss, wig, ear studs, red nail polish.