Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movie: The New Girlfriend

Movie: The New Girlfriend

Has anyone seen this film, The New Girlfriend, directed by Francois Ozon? I ran across a short outtake and it appears to be about a woman who discovers a male friend is a crossdresser. The short scene I saw shows them walking in a shopping mall with the male fully dressed. I'm going to rent it from Amazon but was curious if anyone else has already seen it.

Never heard of it. I did come a cross an anime about a school teacher that cross dresses to get the job because he was rejected when HE applied called ‘I My me! Strawberry eggs’.

The title makes zero cents but it was a good show. I’m going to have to look up that movie when I get home from the peg.
    “Hatred only breeds more hatred.” -The Invid Regis

“We are star stuff. We are the universe made manifest... trying to figure itself out”. - Delenn

Banned Read only
    Karen,
    I saw it advertised at my local cinema but wasn't able to sneak myself away to see it at the time , I tried to buy a copy from a Virgin outlet but was only available to order , So up to now I haven't seen it . Annoyingly I had a copy of the Danish girl which was left in a hotel room , I asked at reception afterwards but it had vanished without trace !!

The movie is definitely worth watching. It’s available on iTunes as well. It touches on a issues that gurls have to deal with when figuring out of who they are and how all of the crossdressing fits into their lives. It is definitely “movied” up some, but it is relatively accurate and respectful of the subject.

Aspiring Member
    I've seen it, and I liked it more than The Danish Girl. More contemporary.

I have seen it and thought it was very good. I think it's French so if you don't speak it, you will have to put up with subtitles.

Karen Sue

I saw it at the movies some time ago.

I liked it a lot.

The premise is that a GG woman gets married but dies in childbirth. The woman's best friend finds out that the widower is a crossdresser. At first she is totally freaked out. But, you'll have to watch it yourself to see the rest of the plot.

I thought the movie was great, but it is in French with subtitles.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I just finished watching the movie. I have to say it was very good. The movie definitely captures the desire to crossdress and to be accepted, especially by someone we could consider a girlfriend. There is much more to the movie though so I won't spoil it for anyone else who might want to watch it. $3.99 on Amazon Prime Video.

Yes I watched it sometime ago but I have to admit I preferred the Danish Girl.

Both are available to download if you know where to look.
    Sasha

Its available on Amazon here in the uk.
    I havent seen it yet though.

I watched it and it is very good movie about acceptance.

I have been thinking about the end, but don´t want to give any spoiler!

Here is the IMDB review: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3184934/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Kisses

Patricia

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I saw it in 2015 I think it was and it was OK nothing great.
    It was way better than the Danish Girl which was just too depressing to watch.
    Boy Meets Girl was a great movie and the lead actress is actually trans.

Another one for my bucket list, and collection.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Another called “The Amazing Woman” just showed up on Demand TV. It has subtitles as well. Appears to be a love story between transwoman and her male friend who dies. The rest is about her dealing with the family. Although serious, the scene of her stomping on their car roof in a pair of heels was funny.

Found "The New Girlfriend" on Netflix last year and immediately watched it. I enjoyed it, especially some of the classic crossdressing pitfalls such as overdressing with stiletto heels to go shopping at the mail.

I thought it was much better than the "Danish Girl".

I found my local library had a copy. You should check yours. Definitely worth a watch.

Just finished it. Lovely story, actually. The treatment of the TG subject matter was reasonably informed, and there were some unexpected plot twists. Well worth the time and money.

It's good. Make sure you get it with subtitles if you cannot speak french. If not, there's a copy out there on torrents with subs. As long as you own the original, I don't think there's anything illegal about downloading a copy.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Sadly, I can't seem to find this on Netflix!
    Life is too short to be boring.

I got from iTunes. I like it.

I just watched it this weekend, Loved it. Great movie

I saw the "bande annonce" in French. Looks very interesting. Since I'm fluent in French, I'll try to get the original version.

Platinum Member
    Meh. I wasn't enthusiastic about this film. Some of the circumstances were familiar, of course. But I took exception to the stereotypical excesses in dress and mannerism. I suppose partly because, at one stage in my emergence, I made some poor choices. Maybe I just didn't want to be reminded of how foolish and silly I likely appeared.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Good movie, but my all time favorite is (just like a women) I have it on VHS it's not clear anymore, can't find anywhere on DVD.

From the trailers It sounds interesting. my have to get a copy. looks to be an 'R' rating so will have to be later in the evening once the girls are in bed.

Kelsey