Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying for him

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar

Buying for him

I'm wondering if it's just me,but any time I need to buy guy clothes I find it such a chore .Last time looking for a man's shirt I swear it took me a full half an hour.

My wife was getting so exasperated She said to me "If we were in the ladies dept you'd have your arms full of goodies in the time its taken you to pick out a bloody shirt" I do love my girlie shopping so Yep right again dear I'd be interested to know how many of you find you have the same problem

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Brooks Brothers shirts, LL Bean pants. Internet less then 5 minutes. Buying a dress, I'll spend hours vacillating.

When I'm shopping for guys clothes I don't waste time. They either have what I'm interested in or they don't.

When I'm shopping for Linda I take my time. I want to enjoy the experience.

When I'm shopping for men's clothes I have far less interest so it actually takes me less time because I can't or don't care to decide so I just grab something. Shopping for women's clothes is far more interesting so I can really drag it out and enjoy the experience.

Sorry, I don't understand the trepidation, or worse, when buying for the guy side of the closet. What is wrong with wanting to look your best in either mode? Unless one wants to walk the walk all the way, it doesn't do any good to whine about shopping for him.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

As you say. Shopping for him. My biggest issue is not the shopping or boredom part. It’s really the selection. Plus the fact that I have almost no need for dressy clothes or a suit and tie for my job. So mostly it’s jeans and shirts and sweaters. I do like to look clean neat and presentable even if it is casual. But there is so little variety.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    I'm with sara jessica. I like to look like I've made an effort and can't stand seeing scruffy people who obviously can't be arsed. If I have to look like a man why not try to look good. I had a family wedding recently and my wife suggested the full male would be the way to go as talk of beautiful women should be reserved for the bride and her bridesmaids, fair point. I spent a LOT of time choosing the suit, shirt, tie and shoes. Only concession to feminine was earings and pink tie. I was the best dressed 'bloke' there and it felt good (back to a skirt the next day mind you).
    Last edited by DaisyLawrence; 06-14-2018 at 02:20 AM.

Sophie, I am in half agreement with you, I find buying guy clothes a chore but that results in me taking seconds to pick out what I need. The only item I take any time on is jeans as I like a good fit. My wife often says you cant tell if you like something in 3 seconds.

On the other hand I love shopping for Becky's clothes
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I probably spent about 5 % of my shopping time for mens clothes and 95 % for women's clothes and accessories.

hate guy shopping.
    Next outfit will be a suit for daughters wedding, just going to find a gay shopkeeper and get him to choose for me (worked so well for my last suit, I didn't have to think about colour or style).
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Banned Read only
    Sophie,
    I must admit the male racks are becoming foreign territory for me , I have to bite the bullet and go look for some new trousers , I manged to put my knee through the pair I walk the dog in , haven't got round to doing it dressed , it means makeup at an ungodly hour ! I must admit I set out on a mission for femme clothes , one bought item leads to thoughts of dressing it upor down , when was the last time you did that with drab clothes ?

One of these days I'm expecting a retailer the change the signage from male to drab clothes , wouldn't it be lovely to see a sign for women's / CDers section .

Daisy,
    I had to act all that out for over thirty years as a professional photographer , I always wore a shirt and tie, no jeans and always a suit for covering weddings , I was the professional so I made myself look like it . I will add I do still like wearing a tie , most of mine our bought on my travesl so they all have good memories for me . The problem is now days people don't wear them anymore even dressing for a meal and a night out , sorry but jeans don't do it for me they are work wear in male mode , I don't care what they cost , that's how they started out and that's what they remain .

It will be great to reach the time when all the male items are totally gone from my wardrobe .
    Last edited by Teresa; 06-14-2018 at 06:07 AM.

Aspiring Member
    I have zero interest in male clothing, and I've reduced my male wardrobe to the bare minimum I need for daily wear, and the ability to attend a funeral or wedding or meeting the pope! (not such a crazy notion, we had great seats at the papal general audience last fall).

I no longer plan to buy male clothes even for presenting male. I looked at the LL Bean website recently and there are plenty of female pants and shirts that easily pass for male if your interlocutor isn't paying attention to which side the buttons are on.

Half hour for shirt? I can have a season pass without finding a new shirt! especially if the seasons colours are "Just Wrong"

It's all about my style and taste though, not so much the M/F factor. I'd even take forever in a Glamorous gender non-specific store!

Stacy
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Like Sara said the more I have stepped up the girly appearance the more attention I have paid to my male personal appearance I think it goes hand and hand

Susie

Banned Read only
    I hate shopping for menswear, it feels like I am shopping in the wrong section as, to me at least, nothing looks good on me.

My wife complains all the time if I go shopping for any other then women's cloths it's how fast can we find it and get out. I wish I had a dollar for everytime I heard if you where shopping for Connie you would be here forever.

It takes a couple minutes for me to male shop (usually I am looking for something specific like a pair of jeans or a button up shirt, so they either have something I like and try it on or I am done). It is a chore. For female shopping, there is always a bigger selection and more to look at, consider if it will even fit me, take longer to try things on, etc. It is fun.

Fortunately, I have not had to buy men's clothes for many years. My family gives me more than I will ever use. For some unknown reason, they never wear out!
    Hugs, Carole

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Don't mistake my difficulty in buying guy clothes for whining or not wanting to look my best.My wife is supportive of my dressing,but she loves also when I get suited and booted and I do think I am a smart dresser when I put the effort in for her and myself.Girly shopping is more of a pleasure that's all I was saying
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Buying men's clothing takes me way less time. I think the lack of creativity in men's wear makes it easier, I plus I generally know what I want. Now buying women's I generally know what I am looking for but the pink fog rolls in, to many coices, colors, styles, my god it could take days to decide!

The uniform nature of everything in the mens department means a relatively quick shopping trip, but I still try to keep my drabs from being too drab. When I’m presenting male, which is the vast majority of the time, I still want to look good, which I’m sure my wife appreciates.

I always have a hard time getting guy jeans. They are either too big in the waist, or too short in the leg.

However, girl jeans,, size 6T fit me perfectly!

Now if only I could get a pair with 'guy' pockets.........
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    I'm strictly a jeans-tshirt-shorts-runners kind of guy. It's what I wear 95% of my life. Every once in a while I'll go and buy new men's underwear, socks, t-shirts, shorts.....and occasionally a new pair of jeans. Takes me about 10 minutes to pick out a bunch of new stuff and head to the checkout. But with women's clothes it is a whole other world. I must note, I ONLY buy online. I never buy at brick and mortar stores. But it is a far different experience than buying guys' clothing! I feel passionate and excited. I spend literally hours and hours (sometimes because I can't find what I want, or the size I want) looking and deciding. And when my items arrive.....well, now there's the fun part.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Oh yeh, guy shopping is boring. I go when it is a last resort, everything is wearing out and I don't have it in me to replace. Women shopping is much more fun

I don't have a problem, I don't buy men's clothes.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.