Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gender in your face

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Well said Becky. I never used to think of myself as 'just another boring guy' but I definately used to give that visual signal. Nowadays people are a bit confused by what they see but they are united in thinking I must at least be 'interesting'.

Banned Read only
    Becky,
    I agree with your answer to Cassandra, it's just those little reminders , that catch you out , GD is triggered very oddly at times .

I had to smile at the comment about being the boring guy , I was reminded yesterday that I don't fit into that box. I was having a converstaion with my art group about epitaths and one male member chirped up , " Yours will say it's gone very quite now , I think he must be dead !" I'm sure I will be missed but perhaps for not all the right reasons , I dread to think what my wife will have written ! Perhaps something like , " Well at least he's wearing his own dress now ! "

I can see a great thread coming from this point !

Where I see it is in the plethora of "women-only" activities. It's somehow cool to tribaly exclude men from things these days. I understand the concept and the origin, but it gets old and it starts to expose double standards.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    My answer is CONSTANTLY! It is a rare moment when I am not thinking about my female self. So much that I do involves being around a majority of women. I am one of 2-3 guys at my Weight Watchers meetings where the woman number about 30. At work I am one of 2 mail nurse and one male CNA. The world is female for me and that is my comfort zone.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I see and notice female images every where I look, the weather girl, the news reader, the women in the super market, adverts, pop songs. They are constant reminders of just why I enjoy the femme side of my personality so much.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....