Thread: Another little observation

Another little observation

As I type this I have the chance to be what I refer to in my diary as PF, partly femme. That means I'm in knickers, skirt and cami.

So browsing this site on my tablet I've become aware that as I tap to open a post etc. I do it in what I can only describe as a femme way. By that I mean I hold my hand with the fingers slightly curved and I tap with more delicate movements than I seem to if using the tablet in drab.

It seems it's one of those subconscious things that we slip into when "non drab".

I suppose the more time spent in any way dressed will allow these mannerisms to seep into our inner selves. My time spent out and about is a fraction of that enjoyed by many here but it's been sufficient such that when I do step outside those changes to body posture, walk etc. happen automatically. I was just that little bit surprised that my being "PF" had the same effect.

Who'd thought just a few items if clothing could trigger such changes?
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I find it happens to me also, for some reason when I'm cooking in the kitchen I point my toes out when cutting or preparing something at the counter. Or when I'm on the phone I sit crossed legged again with my toe pointing forward.

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    I'm getting very bad at remembering to remove my nail polish , so often when typing I can see painted nails which does appear to make a difference when typing .

Likewise Helen, I find I use the ring finger of my right hand to access tabs on my phone and tablet. I have permanently longer nails than a male would so find it much easier and, yes, more feminine
    Carole

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

I find that I cross my legs as if i am wearing a skirt even in boy mode. Also when I'm Karen and doing household chores I have naturally limp wrists.

Karen Sue

Funny those little things we do out of our gender. Growing up with three sisters I can still hear my mother admonishing my sisters about "acting like a lady" when I find myself doing those little things that add up to our over all femme image and make it easier to be us. I guess I was taught right, whether I knew it or not, nature or nurture or maybe both. I work with my hands in a very macho occupation but let my nails grow a little, polish them, put on some rings and wow what a change in usage, and I talk with my hands alot.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Yes, I too find myself taking on feminine mannerisms when dressed. I am especially conscious of walking and sitting in a more feminine manner. Crossing my legs in a womanly way and making sure that my legs are close together when bending down are essential.

Subconsciously you probably have PF most of the time , when you are wearing feminine clothing just makes you more aware of your surroundings.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.