Thread: Im a big girl now!

Im a big girl now!

So yesterday I left the house for the first time. I've been meaning to do it with a friend for a couple of months, but our schedules haven't aligned, so I decided I couldn't wait anymore. Woke up, got myself prettied up. Braved the neighbors, though a little paranoid about that, and drove to the nearest (nice) mall. Along the way I had the window down and was singing along (quietly... cant change the fact that I'm a tenor) to my girliest Spotify mix, and pulled into the mall all the while smiling and making eye contact with the other drivers. It was busy. Fixed my lipstick in the rearview while parked (it wasn't messed, I just really wanted to do that.) Then I got out of the car and strutted across the parking lot in my 3" knee boots to the Nordstrom entrance. Oh, I was also wearing a pair of high waisted skinny jeans and a white chiffon sleeveless blouse. I had my gold, tan and pink patchwork Coach purse that's super yummy as well.

My first interaction with people was a result of poor timing and good manners - two women were a few feet behind me so I held the door. Then I pranced right through Nordstroms and out into the mall. I walked across the entire mall to the Sephora I was at couple weeks ago (in a different post) when I realized that I was in such a rush, I forgot to bring money. Not being ready for dealing with a very boy name on my cards on my first outing, I decided that I would check out all the fuss in the ladies room, then head back. Went into the ladies, nobody batted an eye. There was no air conditioning and I didn't really need to go, so back out I went.

The thing that was amazing, is that I wasn't nervous AT ALL. I was MUCH more nervous at my first waxing appointment on Wednesday (chest/tummy) which turned out to not be as bad as I've heard. It was really the easiest thing in the world. Nobody batted an eye. Nobody looked at me twice. No murmurs or comments... If there were any double takes, I wasn't looking back It was the most liberating thing ever since telling my (fiance at the time) and her accepting me. I even got "miss?"'d while walking past a cosmetics counter.

Few takeaways:

1) No more shopping on Amazon now that I can just go to a store and try things on. I've been increasingly disappointed with online purchases anyhow.
    2) Need new wig. Mine is way too "big" to be practical and it's hot as hell under there I almost died in the room with no AC. Would be a disaster trying on clothes. Need to go to wig store DRESSED and try things on (thanks Juliette Noir for that advice)
    3) If I'm gonna start buying nice clothes, I think it's time to be realistic about the DD's and scale them back to a more modest C cup.
    4) I'm a big girl now!

It's funny, since I made the decision that I was ready to leave the house a few months ago (had a very sad all-dressed-up-with-nowhere-to-go realization one night) I've been super picky about planning my first time out... I wanted it to be so special (I'm such a girl sometimes! LOL) But it happened just as it needed to. I dipped my toes in (if you consider strutting through a busy mall right into the Ladies room dipping and all the stress surrounding that is now gone. I'm sure I didn't pass, but I DEFINITELY blended.

Now I want to do EVERYTHING! I have arrived!

Here's a pic of me on the way there. My wife's response to it was "OMG it's your RBF!"

IMG_3765.jpg

If I may Katrina, you're a bundle of hotnesslol
    I can see you now, bursting through those doors. Kick'n a$$ and take'n names!
    I would surely not have had your confidence, but someday soon I will most certainly try
    I love your look, it's a little 'edgy'. I like that
    "Samm" Sammara Michaels

I also speak fluent sarcasm

Great story Katrina,

Happy to hear that it all turned out well. Great Picture and great story. Have fun and stay safe.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Katrina, if you were in Canada, it would have been quite natural to hold the door for those who are behind you. Cold weather in winter here has everyone doing just that.

RE: your journey into the wild, Way to go!!!!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

While out and about, keep this tune in mind. Upbeat and happy. Who cares what they think.

Keep your feet moving to the beat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CI-0E_jses
    Inside every good man, there is a good woman.

Silver Member
    Let me guess ... South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa? Let me know the next time you go out. Maybe I can join you in the fun.

Mission Viejo, darling.

Banned Read only
    Katrina,
    I hadn't thought about it making us big girls , OK you could say it's part of growing up in CDer's jargon , I hope I don't upset those still in the closet by saying that .

The holding door thing can become very confusing , I was letting a group of ladies through and a guy came along and politely took the door from me and waved me through . I will say automatic doors do solve that problem .

I understand the dressing up and no where to go, I've found going out socially has given some meaning and balance to my dressing and heading towards full time does bring those items on your list into question.

I've done the new wig thing which I'm very happy about , OK it cost way too much but it's very light and breathable . Buying nice clothes is tempered by buying relevant items , I keep saying doing everyday is harder than dressing up to the nines ! Buying in stores is a joy not to be missed , I hope enough shops buck the trend and stay open , I'd hate to lose the interaction and fun with SAs .

Great attitude about the passing question , forget it and just enjoy yourself. I had that turned on it's head anyway , I tried on a swimsuit in a Matalan store , a GG turned to me after we were both using the mirrors and said , " I wish I looked like you !" That was something I'd never expected !

The question is you want everything , meaning ?
    Last edited by Teresa; 06-18-2018 at 05:58 AM.

On the door thing...
    After a lifetime of carrying out that gentlemanly task, I have to fight the reflex when en femme. It is getting easier and I thoroughly enjoy being on the receiving end of the courtesy. It's just one of those little things I enjoy about being out in polite society.
    Last edited by Aunt Kelly; 06-17-2018 at 09:22 AM.

Had to look up RBF... turns out you nailed it!

I love this story...congrats! and you look so great and happy!

Lovely story.

Michelle.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielleDubois View Post
    Had to look up RBF... turns out you nailed it!
    Me too. I'm too old for all this text speak abbreviation stuff. Looks like a good RBF though now I know what one is

Katrina, the more you get out the easier it gets.

It becomes more enjoyable too.

Good for you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Congratulations!
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Awesome!
    Very first time is the hardest!
    It gets easier from there!
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Platinum Member
    Hi Katrina , You are out there and there is no turning back anymore.>Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

KatrinaK, As I have only been out a few times, and to the mall too, I agree going out is the most fun you can have with a dress on. Confidence is the main thing. You have to hold your head up and feel like a woman, all the while looking at the bras and panties, just like the lady in the next row. It is truly a BLAST! Enjoy it "Big Girl".
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Way to go Katrina!!! I have been thinking about the grocery store or the mall. Thank you for the inspiration.

YGG as they say You Go Girl!!! I too had to look up RBF lol
    Thanks for sharing you adventure, I had to laugh at your comment your a big girl now.. you have many happy adventures ahead of you!
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Congrats! You look great and happy!

You are super gorgeous girl! You don't have a thing to worry about.

Katrina, love your picture. Sounds like a great outing. Congratulations.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Katrina, You look great! Did you do your own make-up? Made my first outing a few weeks ago in So Cal as well-Hamburger Marys for T-girl Tuesdays. Quite a lot of fun and several other cd/t-girls there. Could be a lot of fun for you, especially of your wife is willing to go! I have heard Saturdays (1st Sat of the month) are even better. Congrats!

Wow great make up. Why change your long hair wig? You look gorgeous with long hair.