Thread: Chi Pride Fest

Chi Pride Fest

Went to Chicago Pride Fest street fair yesterday. Did my hands and face, put on clothes too heavy for the forecast (hi's in '90's F) Actually found a parking space near Wrigley, used a porta-pot to finish dressing. What a lovely time! Accepted by all. Even got some complements on my outfit ("Love the stockings and heels!") Talked with the vendors, bought some things, checked out the Center for Concern. Left before it got too hot, and because my toes hurt. Fun!

Glad you had a great time Cynthia, must be nice to go out and have fun .
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Sounds like a fun time out and that you learned not to wear the heavy clothing in hot weather. It's been hot every where it seems this summer time for the shorts or girly jeans. Im glad you were accepted with no other peoblems.

Wearing a wig in this heat would drive me a little crazy!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Choosing the wrong clothes when it is hot is really a downer.

Melts my makeup on occasions. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I wore a silk blouse with long sleeves, short leather skirt, patterned tights and heels. I don't shave overall, so I had to cover my arms and legs. I don't pass at close range, but I wanted to at least try and be femme. It was a great experience!
    Rayleen -- Don't know where you are in Canada. The trick/secret is to look around for venues where you will be accepted, like a Pride event, or TG friendly stores, or forward-thinking museum.
    PS Great Legs!

Banned Read only
    Chicago is such a great city and very accepting. Fortunately, I have not had any problems when my wife and I are in the city (knock on wood). I'm glad you had fun, that's the important part.