Thread: Sad but true (imo)

Aspiring Member

Sad but true (imo)

A recent video post I viewed demonstrated a very negative comment directed towards the person making it. (No link provided).

I felt angered and dispondant that it's the reality of the real world we live in.

I'm so sad that STILL people live their lives in such an ignorant way. There really is no excuse anymore.

What a pity that anyone has to put up with such pond life. It's a society thing I'm sure. For some reason, be it a man or woman, pouring their pathetic scorn on others it seems that modern day life has passed them by but it's ok as it's freedom of speech (even though they wouldn't even understand what that meant).

In truth, I'm glad, the situation was brushed off as the irrelevant comment it was.

Sadly it's what holds our society back. Ignorance and tolerance based on a weak recognition that education and morals don't extend to everyone living in a free and accepting country.

We have a long way to go as individuals living out our passions. I just pray that education and acceptance is pushed from all corners. Not only for us but for all who fear non acceptance whatever their circumstances.

Life will sadly never be idealic. But it can at least be fair.

Tammy
    Last edited by Tamsin Secret; 06-18-2018 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Re worded

I’m sorry, but I’m unsure about this video. I do not know about it. What happened? May you give me some insight?

Banned Read only
    Tammy,
    She was very unlucky to receive that comment especially close enough to be recorded . I did the raise the question that someone walking through a shopping centre or whatever obviously taking a video would raise unwanted attention . Sadly the sort of people that are attracted are also the sort to pass disaparaging comments . I wonder if someone very discretely took the video without attracting attention she may not have received any comments at all .

Aspiring Member
    Hi Teresa, i do get your point of view. However.... (You knew that was coming!!!) Just because someone draws attention to themselves in a way that doesn't impact on a n others business, in whatever form, cannot justify that person's readiness to judge in a negative fashion.

I see many things in my day to day life that I don't like, agree with, have personal opinions on. But I do not voice those in a negative way due to me having a conscience, manners and humility for others situations I know nothing about.

If something is clearly wrong and I feel needs addressing because it seems completely necessary I will act and perhaps suffer the consequences if I have got it completely wrong but to just be able to make judgemental comments with no come back is so outdated for me.

I pity the person. One day they will say the wrong thing to the wrong person. It's just a shame we have to still live in the hope that's the case.

Link to the video?

Tasmin, there is a very big difference between real life and the internet. People can be brave, anonymous, rude, hateful, whatever they want to be online with no consequences. The real truth of the matter, while hate certainly exists, people in the real world are accepting, loving, really very supportive. That is my direct personal experience. Been out probably 400 times over the past four years and I fool no one. I've never had a negative experience. Never and I've been everywhere one might wish to go, restaurants, clubs, stores, museums, large public areas, malls, theaters, churches, etc. Live in the real world, it's so much better!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Tamsin, the world, and certainly American, is filled with unhappy, frustrated, self hating people. They will do anything to make themselves feel better. Unfortunately, openly dumping on minorities, etc. has become popular for them recently.

I suggest that u consider the source of negative comments when u r out. When u realize most of the folks that openly comment derisively r miserable human beings, I think it helps!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

All we can do is show tolerance and be tolerant of others.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for people to make disparaging remarks towards people who they do not like. Or, in many cases just plain act like asses. Abusive encounters are not limited to men and women who participate on this site. I've watched Youtube videos shot on the streets where women are harassed and commented upon. Some people are just plain downright crude. Others think they are clever. All are violating someone else's space. Here in the USA the climate for civility is continuing on a steep decline. Just don't be pulled down to their level.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Tammy, you just have to ignore the pond life, they deserve no more attention. However, I do like Docs approach, that works for me

Banned Read only
    Kandi,
    Tammy may correct me but I think she is talking about Lydiannes video outings being shown in the pics section . You can clearly hear comments being made . I feel she attracted more attention because she was obvioulsy walking and taking a video of herself , if she had found someone else to do it she may not have attracted any attention .
    Last edited by Teresa; 06-19-2018 at 11:19 AM.

Aspiring Member
    Kandi I'm glad all of your experiences have been good and long may it continue!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Hi Doc, that's a great way of thinking for sure. I suppose it's just I find it incredibly frustrating that someone feels it ok to act like that to another person for no reason other than to spread negativity there life is obviously full of.

Hi Beverly, I agree in some respects that safety has to be considered before any action but if everyone always remains tolerant then the negativity will never diminish and in cases where a challenge is never made probably get worse.

Stephanie, agree with all of your message.

Hi Daisy, I know, it's just frustrating!!!

Hi Teresa, the person is walking down the street filming themselves. That doesn't warrant any abuse in my book? The problem is not with the person making the video it is clearly with the individual making the remark.

I ( also? ) made a video, and a bystander threw an insult at me. It's difficult for me to comment on this for a number of reasons:

• Obviously, I'm biased.

• Some might question my videoing of myself. I understand that it's not something one sees every day, but I wouldn't have thought it would have been offensive enough to have warranted an insult. Maybe a laugh or a stare.. But I'm biased.

• Some might question my skirt length. I thought it was decent enough because it was long enough that it only showed leg. No between section was visible. But again, I'm biased.

• Some might question the skirt length at my age. I wouldn't, but I'm biased. I know for certain though that the question exists.

• Women have taken this kind of nonsense from guys of that type for ages for either: being very smart, being very successful at what they do, presenting themselves the way they feel happiest, rejecting unwanted advances, etc. I've gone through a heap of "parallel" stuff, as you can probably imagine. What I took from that guy was my first in this domain, but women get that all the time. All of it is wrong though.

I didn't take the insult to heart. An insult would only really get to me if it comes from somebody for whom I've developed respect. Doc's point about considering the source covers this. I pretty much brushed the comment aside, but yeah, it would be an awesome world if we didn't have to .

I really appreciated the backup I got in the thread . Thank you to all! .
    - Lydianne.
    Last edited by Lydianne; 06-19-2018 at 12:41 PM.

Banned Read only
    Tammy,
    It's an odd thing but people are still drawn to cameras , even when I've done it on the ski slopes people turn and look . I agree Lydianne shouldn't have received the remark, the camera/phone caught some attention and I'm afraid she was read by the wrong person , nothing anyone could do about that , they passed an abusive remark .

All we can do is put it down to experience , a part of our learning curve .

Lydianne ,
    You looked great and didn't deserve the comment but I did raise the question at the time with you over the possibility of attracting interest , I dare say if I had taken a video of myself being made over recently customers would have become curious and read me , OK I did ask the beautician to take a before and after picture which one or two customers caught sight of .

Platinum Member
    I'm assuming it was a youtube video. If so, I would totally ignore "comments". IMHO the comments section on YouTube serves little purpose other than as a feeding ground for trolls.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Kandi Robbins View Post
    Tasmin, there is a very big difference between real life and the internet.
    Amen!
    Yes, there are boors in meatspace too, but they (mostly) are not emboldened by the anonymity of the net. I don't have Kandi's track record, but I'll bet that a proud, and yet pleasant demeanor has everything to do with it. It's hard to disarm an anonymous Internet asshole with a smile, but it's effect is amazing, face to face.
    Don't let the trolls get you down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamsin Secret View Post
    Sadly it's what holds our society back. Ignorance and tolerance based on a weak recognition that education and morals don't extend to everyone living in a free and accepting country.
    We have to remember, that not everyone holds the same education and morals. There are still large areas of the United States where hate for others who are different, flourishes, as we have seen in recent times. I'm now in my sixties, and had grown up in the 1960's and 70's believing that within a few decades, our generation would change it all, that our country would be free of the nonsense and hating each other that has plagued us for all of our past. Yet, I see that we have far to go. Pockets of ignorance still exist all over; education is carefully structured to reinforce ignorance and hate by those in power who wish to remain in power, and use that hate for those who are different to stay in power. Even voting is carefully restricted to keep the status quo.
    All we can do, is our part to encourage change, to keep progressing towards a better world for all, instead of just a certain few.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.