Thread: Took a step I never took before.

Took a step I never took before.

Today I went to torrid in complete male mode. Gym shorts, t shirt, and a goattee. I went becuse I was in a town that has one, and plus I figured I would see if they had what I was looking for online. Since I only have a jacket from them. I knew I had to try on jeans. As i dont have any from them. Usally when I buy jeans. I know what fits and what dont, and if I have to try them on. I just take them to the mens fitting room. So i knew I would have to ask a sale woman for help at torrid.

As I walk in the clerk is helping some one with a speical order. So I just wonder around for a bit. After she leaves. I hear a males voice talking to her. Turns out she was one of us or trans. I don't know I didnt approach her.

So the clerk gets done and comes and talks with me. She asked if I need any help. I told her I wear womans jeans more then mens. She then ask me what size i usally wear. She then says tall or regular. I told her regular, but depends on the shoe. So she sets me up in a fitting room. And like 3 pairs of jeans. One pair was a no go. Another was a bit tight. The only pair in talls worked out. She came back and asked if any fit. I told her let me try this in the next size. Theu fit. But i felt they were a tad to big. In the end I got a new pair of jeans. That I cant wait for it to cool off. So i can waar with some boots.

You will get used to going in and buying and getting fitted in male mode, all they want is to see you fitted out correctly and collect your money.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Ericka, that's a step I have never taken, good for you.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I love torrid their clothes have a cool girl edgy kind of vibe. An the SA are usually pretty awesome

Cool story ! Way to go
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Shopping in male mode can be so convenient! I always did it before my complete male mode vanished.

It was one step that I couldn't have progressed without taking! Had my Fave white jeans on today, cotton with 4% elastain, love 'em!
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Ericka, good for you. I bought a dress last week in guy mode but didn't try it on. Too many people.

I love everything about torrid. I am the same size for everything I have gotten from that store. And their shoes are wide width with larger sizes which are perfect for me. I have never tried anything on in that store (haven't needed to), but have shopped both in store and online for in-store pick up

Torrid is the best. Shop and try on all the time. SA's have always been great.

Banned Read only
    Erika,
    Keep taking these steps each time it gets easier .

OK I admit I'm totally dressed now when I shop , my favourite shop is Matalan at the moment , the clothes are good quality at great prices and their fit appears to be true to size . I've just come round to wearing trousers/jeans . The SA was very helpful and I picked out a pair of slim fit size 12 with a 29" leg , I couldn't believe how good they felt , I liked them so much I've been back to buy the dark blue pair which are more dressy and go nicely with a TShirt for a casual night out . The great thing is you can dress them up or down with the shoes, flats and small wedges for shopping and higher wedges or heels for a night out .

The great thing now is the SAs are getting to know me , one made it clear I call her by her name , so now she will call me Teresa , she even helped me buy a swimsuit ,which I did try on in the ladies changing area , I didn't have one but three SAs tell me it looked great and then a female customer paid a lovely compliment .
    Last edited by Teresa; 06-19-2018 at 10:58 AM.

Erika,

I shop at Torrid all the time in drab, occasionally underdressed, panties, bra and forms. I have shopped at all times of the day, I have never had a problem with the SA's or other customers. I make my selections and ask for a fitting room if not offered one. Have always been treated with respect, just like any other customer. On a few occasions, after making my selections and paying for them, I have asked the SA if I can change back into them to leave the store. What a rush, walking into the store in a dress or skirt and blouse, with other customers present and across the parking lot to my car. No hiding the fact that I'm a guy, no wig, makeup, hats etc.

I can only tell you to muster your courage and go for it, as so many other on this site have said, you will not regret it or look back.

I needed to try on becuse of my girl firend. She has torrid tops ranging from a 2x-4x, and they all fit me and her the same. Then she ordered a pair of jeans. They were a size 18. They fit me, and iam not a 18.

I might order a couple of more pairs jeans in a few weeks. They didnt have the ones I was looking at online.

My next stop is to hit talbots one day maybe. I have always had a thing for womans business apparel. I dont know why but I do. I even have a few suits now. Granted they wernt the 300 dollar suits or seprates like talbots, but they work. I almost went that day, but I didnt for a few reasons. I was in male mode, and i would have felt bad wasting the sales person time. When I had no intentions of buying.

One day this fall I will take a vaction day, and head back down there. Then pay some one to do my hair and make up. Then hit talbots. Then at least buy some thing.

Kudos to you for taking that step. I'm not there yet. You're not the first person that I've heard say that the clerks don't look at you weird when going to shop for women's clothes.