Thread: We are not alone

We are not alone

I know I am not alone in this lifestyle or however we want to classify it. It is just nice to be out shopping and see you are not alone. I was out running some errands today and while in target saw someone else shopping in the women’s section in drab. We made eye contact but neither of us said anything but now wish I had. I just did not know what to say.
    SM

Hi Shannon,

Yes, it is nice to know that you're not alone (this forum does a GREAT job at that! ). I too have had a similar experience and it gave me a little smile inside.

Elizabeth

Today at a store the cashier was a CDer, look like a guy, dress didn't fit right, man's voice, and very poor quality wig.
    It's what my wife thinks all CDers look like.
    I felt like I should have given him one of my wigs!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I have even one in Walmart working in the video, television, and electronics department. My wife spotted him in drab ( which was kinda girly with some tight jeans) but in full make up. She told me about him and wanted me to go look. I told her one day this is what we'll all look like and wearing what we are comfortable in.

About a month ago I saw a young male employee in a Hy-Vee grocery store with full makeup on, dressed in black slacks and a white shirt. I didn't see anybody (employees or customers) make any expressions as though it was unusual. I did the same. I certainly didn't want it to become an issue with anybody.

In the past I have also seen several male cross dressers at various times that didn't pass, but were out among the muggles shopping. It is becoming more common than I would have imagined several years ago.

I am also out there, and ten years ago I wouldn't have dreamed that could ever happen!

Suzi Q

Quote Originally Posted by Judy-Somthing View Post
    I felt like I should have given him one of my wigs!
    So,did you connect? Did you do anything positive? The person is far gutsier than you..Do you realize and respect that? The person revealed their TG status to management to get the job..You are just a secret agent..

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Agreed. The rep @ Penneys was a TG girl>guy and we had a great time with my transaction. The world is full of like-minded people if you keep your Spidey senses open!
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylyn View Post
    I have even one in Walmart working in the video, television, and electronics department. My wife spotted him in drab ( which was kinda girly with some tight jeans) but in full make up. She told me about him and wanted me to go look.
    ^this is what is most typical of how women behave when they see one of us. They want to share what they see with others, because it gives them something to talk about. I see this annoying social mechanism at work all the time. One of the women see's someone unusual? They tell others to go take a look. Gossip ensues.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

When I see a badly dressed girl, I do not comment, I would like to butyou may destroy all she is striving for.

If she gets strange looks she is aware of them an is likely to fix the problem on her next outing.

I know myself, a little tuneup after each outing makes for better presentation next time.

If approached by a sister, by all means smile and assist them, you may create a lasting friendship.

Oh! I forgot, if approached, they read you for sure, so trim your appearance up for next time. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Judy,
    Try not to be too critical, she may have been in transition and struggling to make ends meet , maybe the cashier's job was a stand by while she earns more money to continue her journey . I do agree with Rogina maybe you should have made some sort of contact but with caution , her appearance could have been a touchy issue if it's the best she could afford .

So put the boot on the other foot , brave up and go out there and try it yourself , again in Rogina's words " Gumption !" Judy . I managed it in just as tough DADT situation as yours .

I agree my wife would like to think I look terrible, so now my daughter , son in law and granddaughter have spent time with me dressed I wonder what message will get back to my wife ?
    Last edited by Teresa; 06-20-2018 at 11:34 AM.