Until last week, the only person who's seen me crossdressed was a former roommate of mine (Let's call her Amy) and her house was the only place I'd been 100% crossdressed other than my home and work, to a certain extent (more on that in a future post).

Last week, I did what had been my routine: I’d dress up and hang out with one friend, expecting to change into my regular clothes later because I had not yet come out to my other ex-roommate (let’s call him Tony), an older gentleman in his 70’s.

After my hang with roommate, this conversation took place (from what I remember):

Me: “I’m sorry I have to change back into my regular clothes”.
Amy: “Then don't. Come up as you are”
Me: “What?”
Amy: “Come up as you are. Tony won’t care”.
Me: “Ok. I’m gonna get my stuff. Will you warn Tony?”
Amy: “Nope”.

Now, I knew I’d come out to Tony sooner or later and I knew as well as Amy did that Tony would not react negatively. I guess I just needed that extra push.

So I go upstairs into the kitchen, which is usually where we hang out together. Only Amy is there. I'm strangely aware of my lipstick and dangly earrings. I sit down in my usual spot.

Tony comes into the room. We say “hi” as usual and he sits at the table. We then had the exact same kind of conversation we have every other time I’ve visited. It was so normal I found myself glancing at Amy as if to ask what was wrong with him. I was totally weirded out by how normal it all was.

Bottom line is Tony didn’t (and doesn’t) care how I was dressed and I can present myself any way I see fit. I have to say I was glad to be able to talk about it. From now on, I’ll present myself en femme every time I visit.

That was not the end of it, though. Two other people (a married couple) I didn’t know called to give an estimate on some work that needed to be done about the house. I introduced myself using my femme name. They went about their business while I kept talking to Tony. When they left, they called me by my Femme name, the first people other than Amy to do so.

So all in all, it was a great weekend. I told my friends I felt like a one-person Pride parade.

In the next actual pride parade, I’ll be out and about en femme. I can’t wait.

Thanks for reading.