Thread: Breast growth

Breast growth

I have read multiple threads on "breast growth" and the itchiness, tenderness etc.. but I have been experiencing an intermittent burning sensation when I move my arm in a certain direction or especially when going down stairs... I have seen my Dr and he is sending me for a mammogram (getting the appointment is a story for another day...interesting to say the least).

I guess I am trying to see if anyone else had experienced this and of so what the results were... appointment is only in mid July so plenty of time to worry!!! LOL

I'm having similar issues and my Dr scheduled me for a mammogram and ultrasound next Thursday, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's nothing serious.

Hey Tomara... thanks for the reply...please let me know what comes out of it...

Hi Lisa,

Not sure if this helps.

But I had significantly levels of sensitivity when I went up to a higher dosage of Spirolactone.
    It was all normal. The mammogram showed just natural levels of gynocamastia consistant with breast budding.

I have had intermittent pain and sensations for many years..

Although it does need to get checked out its very common
    I am real

Hi Coffee10 and Kaitlyn was it a burning sensation? I was expecting (actually hoping ) then to be sensitive but this is totally different it's a real burning sensation that comes and goes but I find it pretty constant when going down stairs. I haven't been jogging in a while BUT I presume that won't be pleasant.

Silver Member
    Tenderness, absolutely. Painful on touch and VERY painful if hit. Stairs were a big surprise one day. I also had to learn to carry things away from my body for a year or so.

But it all goes away eventually. Sure, a hit or a bounce can still be uncomfortable, but not in the same way (although bumping the nipple area will still really hurt). The occasional random tenderness still pops up, but usually goes away in a few days max.

A burning sensation, however, sounds a little unusual to me. Itís not something I ever had, and I donít think Iíve heard anyone else describe breast growth pain that way. Perhaps worth a quick check with your doctor.
    I am older than I once was,
    And younger than I'll be. ...
    After changes upon changes
    We are more or less the same;
    After changes we are more or less the same.

Hi LeaP, I actually have a mammogram set up for July but was trying to see if it fit in to the "normal range" and having (like you) never heard anybody describe it that way" I thought I'd bring up the question.

Just to be clear it's not in the breast but to the right of my right breast under my arm when they are lying flat against my side if that makes sense... I have a lunp there that Dr said was nothing back in Jan but now all of a sudden it's a breast node that needs to be checked out.

Never, but NEVER ignore a lump, node or otherwise. If a doctor says its nothing, get a second opinion. Its your life, not the doctor's.

Sounds like a muscle tendon getting streatched. I have that from my job, lifting all day.

Pretty in Pink

Mammogram showed nothing as lump is too far on side so nurse said I needed an ultrasound instead... Dr. gave referal for Ultrasound, now waiting for call back to schedule appointment.