Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dressing outside of the house.

Dressing outside of the house.

So I was wondering for those who don't want to leave the house dressed but would like to venture into the great outdoors what your plan is. Hotels are always great choice but can also break the bank. How do you dress outdoors when not wanting to be seen by the neighbours. Polly

Maybe a decent motel. Or attend a crossdress friendly event but dress at the motel or hotel.

In the past to avoid my children and neighbours seeing anything, I have got up very early having under-dressed and put on my foundation before leaving the house. I then drove somewhere very quiet and very quickly swapped my outer boy clothes for girl clothes and put on my wig. I would then be able to finish my make-up in the car.

Where there's a will, there's a way, but staying a hotel is easier.......

My solution has been to rent an isolated holiday home out of season. I can rent somewhere for a week for the price of 2-3 nights in a hotel. The other great advantage is I can please myself as to the time table of what I do. I can come and go as I please or even sit in the garden if the weather permits.

This is why I've been able to spend 7 days totally enfemme immersing myself in the experience. Priceless!
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    A lot of the time I chip in with friends and we organise nights out from a hotel.Times I manage out myself are rarer these days due to costs involved (I did manage to leave from home last year though) but that was a one off

Many years ago I got pretty adept at changing in my friends car

Sophie
    Last edited by t-girlxsophie; 06-22-2018 at 11:59 PM.
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

We have been experimenting with day trips that involve taking a bag and changing in a gender neutral, family, or locked restroom. Many hotels have lobby restrooms that fit the bill and during the day, most of them are not that busy so staff doesn't usually mind the visit. Many shopping malls have family and gender neutral restrooms too, that we are trying the next time we go out for a day trip. We figure that mornings would be better at the shopping malls since there is less traffic. When the wife and I retire we plan to move to an area where we will just establish ourselves and the way we are and not worry about it.

Good Luck!

Mattea
    Love makes everyone equal.

The only way I can dress outside the house is on my big back porch. The neighbors are a good quarter mile away and the trees hide my porch. Three sides have no neighbors but one side has a State highway up the lane about two hundred yards. I set there some if it's cool and enjoy a morning cup of coffee.

I'm an expert at getting changed in the car.
    I tend to dress and leave in the dark ( 6 am at the moment), but sometimes have to change back to male mode in the car before returning home.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Banned Read only
    Polly,
    The best move is find a social group, you don't have to pay for hotel rooms and most will offer dressing facilities , you will pick up tips and meet other CDers .

I'm so glad all that is behind me now , to just step out the door and not worry about neighbours and drive off in my car to shop or go out socially is wonderful .

What a great idea!
    You are you. You are beautiful. Labels are worthless.

I'd partially dress and then finish the job in the car. Got tired of that and now just dress and leave the house and come home the same way. Whatever the neighbors think is not a care to me anymore.

Platinum Member
    to the original, like others, I used to dress in the car...just drive around and at times stop at an empty park just to get outside. But my back yard was also quite private, so I spent many hours there. I must say that eventually, even that somewhat larger space began to feel confining....and a bit isolated. I really wanted to be around people! Teresa's suggestion is a great one. join a group if you can find one in western OK.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I dress and go out a lot! Just not anywhere near where I live. If u r worried about visiting vanilla venues like I am? Go to gay/trans friendly bars, clubs, and events! Rite now Pride events r happening all over the country!

U don't have to spend a lot of money to dress. Change in your car, a fast food bathroom, etc. and go out for the evening dressed for the price of one drink!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    You did not mention your living arrangements. Married? Single? Kids? House? Apartment?

I live in a single family residence. If I am overly concerned about being spied upon it is going to come from the house to the south. One bedroom window (child) and the livingroom face the walkway to my front door. When I have the opportunity to go out fully en femme, and, that is a dress, heels and wig that may be seen, then I wait until the late evening hours. The kid is three. The parents go off to bed because of their family routine. I just leave my house and head to the car on the driveway. The interior light is not working, so there is no light coming on when I open the door. You could take the bulb out of the interior lights if you want. I also leave my exterior house lights off. And, if I am fortunate it's a moonless night. When my wife has gone to visit family out of state for seven to ten days it is a crossdressing holiday for me. If you're not intending to interact with the public, and, just stroll in the evening, once you've done it several times it does loose its luster.

I would follow Teresa's recommendation and join a social club. You may be able to find a convention that meets on some regular basis. In Washington State there is an annual gathering in May at Port Angeles, Washington. It has been held for so long the local people welcome the tourist dollars flowing into the store tills. I know in the past there was a group of women in Seattle who met on a regular basis and dined out and socialized together.
    Last edited by Stephanie47; 06-24-2018 at 10:42 AM. Reason: spelling

My wife knows so I don't have that issue most of the time. She does not want our neighbors to see me when I leave the house. On some occasions I go to a mall parking lot and change and do makeup there. Not the best solution but i've gotten fairly good at it.

My solutioin to going out dressed is to fully get ready at home (wife ok with this), go into garage, get into car, roll up all windows (dark oitside) then open garrage door. Windows are tinted and then leave garage and take a route away from all neighbors. My car is very recognable, but have only had one person (new to neighborhood) take a deep look at car as I leave. Doubt that he could really see me and has said nothing. When I come home it is later at night and I use the same method in reverse.

Silver Member
    At one time the only place I could dress was in my mobile, gas powered closet. Did makeup, too. It became easy, plus my boy clothes were with me should I need them. If you have them, tinted windows are a benefit. But I use window shades (suction cup type) on the driver and front passenger side windows. They really help! I've become bolder, now, dressing at home, sans wig, jewelry and makeup before i leave. That's been quite thrilling.

Well, I am going to soon find out. Next month I am going to a crossdresser's club meeting. I am so nervous!

I was never in that situation but on occasions when I wanted to dress I would find a quiet spot and change in the car.

Welcome to the forum, as this is your first post you should post an introduction for your second.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I always get ready at home, then put on my very large sunglasses, so with long hair and most of my face covered by my glasses, walk calmly to my car get in and drive off. very much doubt if anyone will be the slightest bit interested in who has been driving my car beside me. Think about it, if you see someone driving your neighbors car, does that thought actually stick in your head and you think, I really must ask my neighbor who was driving his car the other day. And if they ever did, I would say mind our own business who drives my car. Remember they can never prove it was you dressed.

As Helen said, we also rent our Holiday cottages around the UK in isolated spots for total freedom for Colleeen to play, either for long weekend, a week or lately two weeks. We do this as my wife is not comfortable with my being seen in public and i respect her wishes. Although i have to say we do enjoy driving around locally while i am dressed and have never had a problem. even getting out of thr car for a visit to a wig supplier, nature breaks and a picnic has been fine.

Except for occasions where it's polite to dress cis,
    I wear tank top, boobs, and skirt, or a dress, and pantyhose,
    all the time and out anywhere.
    It's easiest, comfortable, and fun,
    instead of bifurcating.
    I have long hair and a beard.
    I do not understand what's the big deal.
    I have never had any problem.
    Everyone is friendly to me this way.
    Simply conquer unfounded fear.

And it's fun to dry shave
    everything but my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylyn View Post
    The only way I can dress outside the house is on my big back porch. The neighbors are a good quarter mile away and the trees hide my porch. Three sides have no neighbors but one side has a State highway up the lane about two hundred yards. I set there some if it's cool and enjoy a morning cup of coffee.
    That sounds lovely, Jaylyn. I hope you get more opportunities like that.

Nell

I used to have a boyfriend, and I enjoyed dressing for him.

Platinum Member
    Hi Polly ,Welcome to our forum, when you are here yu are home

Wat ever questions that you have there is a 99..875% chance
    that one or more of us will have an answer foe you.

Having a Motorhome lets you get away from home with al the trimmings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>Orchid..OO..
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 06-30-2018 at 03:55 PM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!