Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just curious!

Just curious!

There is a transgender flag! Does anyone fly the flag or wear it as a patch on their clothes? Just curious! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Since I'm not out, I would think that a patch or flag would tell every one that I was into something other than just being a male. Would be hard to explain to a few of my good friends.

Platinum Member
    Hi Lana Mae , That is way above my PAY GRADE !! >Orchid..++..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Just wearing my fem things is a flag, why do I need to wave an additional flag. I also take Photos of Drag Queens while they are performing and then return a few prints the next time I go into their club. Yes I am dressed in fem most of the time while taking the photos, but I have dressed in male on occasion.
    So the answer to your question for me is simply "NO"
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

There is one. I tried to add an image, but I couldn't get it to work. Just type in "transgender flag" on google or wikipedia.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

The avvy pic isn't me
    For those who haven't seen the flag, this is the most often one found, though there does seem to be a lot of variations and differing hues and tones of the colors out there...….not sure why that is tbh. The basic gay pride rainbow flag doesn't seem to have so many variations.

untitled.png

I think if one were to spend some time shopping, they could find any number of options. Polo shirts and tops in both, male and female are out there, I had one for a time but it was lost in a sudden move (also known as my ex-gf suddenly moving me out).

Cass

I have a transgender flag pair of shoes. I have a pair of transgender flag leggings. I have an equality pride flag shirt I was wearing. I have pride earrings. I wear a transgender flag bracelet. I had a custom transgender flag bead made for both my wife and my pandora bracelets. More on the way I’m sure.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar

Banned Read only
    Lana,
    We go out under that banner to talk to students with possible TG problems , annoyingly this year I had to miss the date because of other commitments , the next date is in February so hopefully I can make it .

We have the rainbow banner and use that in our allotted space .
    Last edited by Teresa; 06-23-2018 at 06:24 AM.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    I have it twice on my bracelet

Jaylyn: Others might not know what it is and ask you; I can understand anyone who is not out not wearing it!
    Orchid: I know!(sympathetic smile)
    Leslie: OK! One no from someone who is out! The clothes do sort of say it all!
    April: Thanks for trying!
    Cass: Thanks for the flag! You're out and wearing "it"!
    Natasha: For sure wearing "it"! LOL
    Ellbee: Cute! LOL
    Teresa; Getting it out there!
    Daisy: Making a statement! Love it!
    Thanks for your replies!
    Like I said just curious!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

The Rainbow Flag is my personal choice to fly. It was in the tree out front during our voting period recently, it was fairly common in my local area though. (Not flown in nearby areas!)

The Rainbow Colours are flown on my personal clothing for any savvy sole to see!

I can't only fly the Trans flag when I stand beneath other flags as well!
    Under the Rainbow,
    Stacy!
    Last edited by Stacy Darling; 06-23-2018 at 09:05 AM. Reason: ESL
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Nah. I dislike identity politics.

The same reason I never use the LGBT flag. I don't need to be part of a club or group because of my sexuality. I'm an individual.

I have nothing against others flying flags. It's just not for me.

Lana,

This was my first out and open Pride Week. While I didn't go whole hog overboard, I did "show the flag" a little.
    I put both a rainbow and a TG flag in the yard out front. Decorated my sneakers, and, (of course).... went out dressed and had a fantastic time.

My Pride Week Sneakers -FC.jpeg

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Bridget View Post
    Nah. I dislike identity politics..
    Curious and interesting to find such a sentiment, Bridget.
    I know we're not to talk politics and such here. Yet the area of LGBT identity politics has always bothered me. My own political spectrum runs almost diametrically opposite that of most LGBT activists. More conservative and Libertarian than anything, but definitely not "leftist". It's perhaps understandable given my past military profession and Oath.
    But the LBGT activism and manner in which that activism is practiced at times leaves me a bit cold. I wonder if some of the political "in-your-face" stuff actually hurts The Cause. As a rights community seeking dignity and redress I'd hope we could be more generous and kind to those who fail to understand, and not be attack dogs about our Identities. The liberty to be one's self is a wonderful thing, unless One's Self is an A-hole. Throwing back the same resentment or contempt the Queer World experiences serves no useful purpose other than to re-fuel the cycle.

I flew my (small) rainbow and Trans flags proudly, and I showed myself to the world. This is ALL good. Keep it all respectful is all I'm saying.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

I could not have articulated my feelings on this issue better than you have. I'm a liberal but you are right regarding the "in-"your-face-stuff"

Angela1954 and IreneD. What is in your face stuff? Activism can take many many forms. Some is standing and shouting and protesting. Some is simple just living your own truth. Some is helping the community. Isn’t the act of walking by a screaming bunch of anti-lgbtgia protesters and into a lgbtqia space an act of in your face? All is activism. In a way. All of these examples are in your face in their own way.

I own all or of lgbtqia stuff and a fair amount of trans stuff. I wear it quite often. I wouldn’t liken any of it to an in your face

IreneD. What does being in the military have anything to do with anything outside the military structure? I’ve never understood that.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Stacy: You fly the LGBTQ+ flag!
    Bridget: OK, no politics! Transgender is not necessarily sexual or a sexual preference!
    Ilene: Good for you getting out to a pride event! Don't take this to political as both sides can be "in your face" at times! This is whether or not you display or wear the trans flag or wear jewelry toward that end and that is all!
    Angela: Thanks!
    Natasha: All of that is supporting us! The military thing could start a nasty discussion. Let's can that for another time!
    Thanks for your thoughts and responses!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

I was really not speaking of the types of examples you used. No one should feel threatened and we should always fight back to protect our rights. Sometimes we dismiss those who don't agree with us as ignorant, troglodytes, etc. At least try to understand what motivates them and change their mind.

Banned Read only
    I can see two sides of this argument , I agree with Ilene in so much some areas are abused by a minority who are only there for their own ends , it happens I'm afraid. We do have to be careful because some are causing more problems than it solves , it's a fine dividing between passive and active action , softly softly is often the best approach .

I also agree with Natasha , there are parts we can be actively involved in and do some good , in my case visiting Boston College ( UK Boston ) to help students with any TG problems , just being an ear to listen is all it takes sometimes .
    Last edited by Teresa; 06-24-2018 at 05:14 AM.

I didn't know there was one.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I don't have the pink, blue & white TG flag, but do have a purple & blue CDer flag, which my wife bought for me. Haven't displayed this one in public yet tho....
    We also have a large rainbow flag which we put in the window on certain occassions (including 31mar) & i sometimes wear a rainbow bandana. Altho i am not out as CDer to the public, i am very open about my general support for LGBT.
    We will be taking our rainbow regalia when we go to Folkestone Pride this summer.
    Last edited by Krea; 06-25-2018 at 01:40 PM.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

I don't fly any flags but I used to wear a pin that identified me as a trans person and a few that mentioned crossdressing.

Angela: Yes, we want them to understand us so we should try to understand where they are coming from!
    Teresa: I agree with the softly, softly!
    Beverly: Yes , it is blue, pink, and white stripes! See Ilene's response for a good picture of one!
    Krea: Good for you and thanks for the support you show!
    Diane: Good for you!
    Thanks ladies for your responses!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Anyone want to post the CDer flag?
    I did get out to a "Gay Pride" party (white) dressed in my off-white wedding gown. I posted elsewhere about that night.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

isn't it time there was some LGBT coloured bras and panties, it would be nice to wear something that nobody else knows about,
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman