Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you an introvert and a crossdresser?

Not an introvert but I do have an outgoing personality.

This developed over time, I was a little reserved in my outlook once.

My girlfriends of years ago trained me well.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Total introvert here. Last Halloween I dressed as Dorothy at the mall trick or treat and it was totally out of my element to have so much attention on me. My wife was really surprised I went through with it since she thought I was too shy to do something so bold. I think accepting my crossdressing and starting to be more public about it has been a real push for me.

SaraLin I have a song I associate with both dressed or drab comes from "Chicago -the move". Mr. Cellophane. I also have a doctored version (Pitch shifted) where it is sung in a female voice.
    Another trick I use is hiding behind my camera.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 07-02-2018 at 11:51 AM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

I'm curious and confused, has the word "Introvert" now been co-opted by the phrase "Social Anxiety Disorder," or are the two things different?

I'm probably right in the middle of the extro-intro continuum.

Aspiring Member
    I am a solitary extrovert. I get on with people and I project my personality as a male or dressed as Susan. But I like my own time and I take it.

At this point just scared to death just thinking about being dressed in public. I do wear my panties. So baby steps I guess.
    Thanks
    Sharon

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I am outgoing but love to be alone at times too. I have lots of friends but I don't hang out with them everyday or take cold showers with them.LOL

'Yes' to both, here!

Quote Originally Posted by StarrOfDelite View Post
    I'm curious and confused, has the word "Introvert" now been co-opted by the phrase "Social Anxiety Disorder," or are the two things different?
    No. Introvert/extrovert just describes what conditions "recharge" you. Introverts aren't automatically shy, they just need to be alone sometimes to recharge. Social Anxiety Disorder is an actual disorder -- that is, something that negatively effects yourself or others. An introvert might avoid the company Christmas party because there are too many strangers there and it's draining to them. A person with SAD won't go buy food because they become anxious at the thought of other people at the grocery store.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Definitely an introvert here, I always have been very shy. I've never been out dressed up but when I am dressed I get flirty (as much as you can alone) and dance which is very out of character. It is as if I am an actress.

I’m not an introvert, I just hate people.

another introvert here who is in therapy for social anxiety . but in dress like a lot of people probably, i get some confidence and a little more pep in my step 😁

I'm pretty neutral on the introvert/extrovert scale. I'm not a huge fan of people in make mode (much like my father). I'm pretty friendly and outgoing when dressed (much like my mother). Interesting how that works.

I’m also an introvert - but am extroverted during the day at work, loud, funny, commanding (I’m the boss), etc.

This only makes my introversion worse when I get home since I want to shut down and just zone out. Dressing helps with the escape...

Try taking the Meyers Briggs test on personality as it also refers to introvert and extrovert tendencies. You can find it online very easily.
    I have taken it several times and I seem to come out somewhere in the middle of the introvert/extrovert scale
    I doubt any correlation with cross dressing though we do seem to like the "shadows"

I would say i'm an introvert
    I also suffer from depression but wouldn't say the 2 are linked
    I'm more outgoing once I get to know someone
    but i'm not the best in situations where I have just met someone
    I think i would be even more shy if i went out dressed

I'm pretty introverted but going out in public presenting as a female has really made me more confident. When I acknowledge people when I'm in a dress or skirt, I've found that as long as I'm being myself and being friendly to others, as I always try to be, people are almost always very kind to me. Most of the women I encounter especially have been so nice to me! I was really nervous about going into the women's bathroom for the first time, but when I finally worked up the nerve to do so, I made eye contact with the woman who passed me as I walked in and she gave me the friendliest smile! Little things like that have really helped me be more confident in who I am and while I still have social anxiety sometimes, it's definitely getting better