Thread: Daddy's approval

Daddy's approval

As I have said before the girls in my family know about Emily. This year we went out for my birthday. This is the first year Emily has gotten to celebrate in public. My sister, my wife and my 9 year old daughter went out for dinner. When we returned home my father was in the driveway, he wanted to surprise me for my birthday. More like he was going to get a surprise (he had never met Emily). My sister got out of the car with my daughter to soften the blow. They talked for what seemed like an eternity. Then my daughter smiled and motioned for us to get out of the car. I got out and my sister said "Dad this is Emily" He said "Hello Emily, Happy birthday, all of u look so pretty. I smiled the biggest smile.

For the next few hours my father and I talked about how Emily had come to be. About how it started out when I was younger and how for years I hid it from both him and mom. I told him that I told mom the week before she passed and how she said that she always knew. He smiled and said she told him.
    He struggled with it for a while but realized that I was still his child and that he would love me no matter what even if he had two daughters or a son and daughter. He asked if he and Emily could go on a daddy daughter date, since he wanted to get to know his other daughter.
    During our date he asked if I was going to transition and if I did he is ok with it and will still love me the same.
    Having the approval of my daddy makes me the happiest girl in the world. I LOVE MY DADDY.

Happy for you it all worked out. Probably the best birthday present you got.

Xox,

Tina

Oh wow! That is so wonderful! So happy for you that your daddy is so accepting.

Happy birthday - you have a great family

It's such a wonderful thing to have happen Emily!
    A lot of love and respect for you given there, and I hope that it continues in such a pleasant way!
    Happy Birthday,
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Emily, this brought me to tears. I can't tell you how happy I am for you. My father knew about me but would never talk to me about it or acknowledge it in any way. I think for him it meant he had somehow failed as a father, which in many ways he had. To receive this kind of acceptance from the one person we all want to be accepted by is about as good as it gets. Bravo to your father and to you as well! You are both brave souls.

Banned Read only
    A double Happy Birthday. Happy your dad has accepted you as you. For that matter, your entire family.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Wow. Just wow.

I can only say how happy I am for you- your dad deserves a shiny red '63 T-bird with full leather and I hope he gets one.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Happy Fathers Day and birthday. What a gift.

It's funny, Emily. I believe parents know. They always know; and perhaps know more about you than you do.
    As my long military career was winding down, I had lunch one day with my Mom. This was a couple years before she passed. She knew I was preparing to retire, and was going on and on about how proud she was of her son, what a success, how I served the country, etc. Then there was a long pause. She said, "I am so glad you turned out the way you did."

I knew. I knew that she knew. The context and the way she said it. I had long been a big sissy; a slightly effeminate young lad with interests outside the scope of normal boys. I think she always thought and feared throughout my youth that I was gay or going to be gay. I suppose when her son went off to get married and serve in a "manly" profession her fears were much relieved. But...... she knew who was inside her little boy; and it was a little girl.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Platinum Member
    your father is an awsome human being!!!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Emily, You are so blessed to have a family that excepts you, I love love love that you can be open to your family with out a care. Every time I read about a wonderful family like yours, it makes me want to cry, because all I ever wanted from my family was to be excepted as me. They don't except me, but they tolerate me, very big difference. Marshalynn

Silver Member
    What a BEAUTIFUL story, Emily, just beautiful. You are so blessed. Any man can be a father, its said, but it takes a really special man to be a daddy.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Emily, what a blessing for you. Thanks for sharing a positive story of coming out

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    What an absolute gent,and a wonderful Father,I'm so happy for you
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Very gratifying to read such a wonderful story. That was certainly the happiest of birthdays.
    Like a lady

wonderful story, happy birthday Emily
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Platinum Member
    Hi Emily , I just love a story with a Happy Ending, >Orchid..++..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Wow. That's the most inspiring thing I've ever read on this site. I'm going to have to have a sit down. Derserves lots of these

That is really wonderful for you both, and what an amazing birthday present it was to have the loving approval of your father.

Sadly my father passed away 30 years ago - and never knew about this side of me - hopefully he would have accepted that I am still the same person inside that I always was and the outer appearance does not matter.
    Sasha

Wow! I'm not usally a very emotional person but this just hit my weak spot, it's just all around a happy story. Being in our position we take our love ones for granted. We just want everyone to except us but we don't think of how it would be if the table was turned, I think I would be in shock if my dad told me he was a crossdresser or one of our kids. I'm more then sure we would expect but it would take time. Your dad sounds like an exceptional person and cherish that. Thanks for sharing

That's awesome. My mother knows, but I have never had any desire for my father to know.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Aspiring Member
    Emily,
    Happy Birthday! You have an amazing family, and the world needs more dads like your dad.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Your father, indeed your whole family sound very special Emily.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

A wonderful feel good story, I hope it all goes well for you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.