Thread: My most daring adventure (Part 1)

Lightbulb My most daring adventure (Part 1)

I just came back from my most daring outing. It was a exhilarating two day trip. (It is going to be a long post. Sorry for that).

It happened on a business trip for work. The trip was multiple days with a lot of colleagues together. Obviously I can not dress during most of the trip. I am not out at work yet. But I have always tried to squeeze some dress time as much as possible on these trips, usually on the way back home. To do that, I usually tried to schedule my travel a day behind my colleague. But this time, my spouse wanted me to be back as soon as it is done. I have always wanted to make her happy, but I also do not want to give up my time on the trip. Creative as me, I booked my flight with a very late departure time, hope to be away from my colleagues (plus we are going to different destinations).

The late departure time (instead of coming back the next day) creates another problem. I can not change in the hotel as I normally do. This does not stop me if I am determined. I have checked the airport and knew they have family restrooms. On my way out at arrival, I even walked the terminal and checked out these restrooms. There are multiple scattered around the terminal, and they looked decently clean with very few people using them. So here is my plan: on the last day of the trip, I will go into one of those family restroom, get changed, and get on my way.

Here comes the day of going back home, I went to the airport with a few colleague on a shuttle, and said bye to them (we go to different cities, San Diego for me, and bay area for a few of them). I went into the restroom I have scouted and got changed. First I have to say that changing in a public restroom gives me a really uneasy feeling (even at a family restroom where you can lock the door and have the entire room to you). I've traveled many times en femme. However, this changing thing makes me more nervous than going through security check. Going through security ultimately is presenting my true ID as my true self. I am not deceiving anyone. But coming into the restroom in shirt and suit and coming out in a dress? That really does look a bit suspicious.

Anyway, I did the change, and I felt that I did a decent makeup job there given the poorly lighted mirror. If I thought things are that easy, I was wrong. When I got to check-in counter with the airline, I found that my trip home needs to be re-routed. Instead of coming to San Diego directly, I will need to fly to, guess where, San Francisco! I am potentially on the same flight as some of my colleagues. But there is no other options. I have to come back home as I have promised my spouse. On the other side, I hope most of my colleagues are on the earlier flights (or maybe different airlines). After all, aren't we in this for a bit adventure? So I took my chance and bite the bullet.

So I got my boarding pass and hurried to the gate. At the security checking, the TSA lady looked at my ID and looked up at me. Normally I would expect a knowing smile and waving me over. Not this time. She put down the ID and tap the other agent next to her. My adrenaline starts to pump. The other agent looked at it for a long second, and then signaled her to let me through. That's what I am expecting :-). Back to the first agent, and she shyly apologized, "I could not tell". No apology lady, you just made my day!

So luggage onto the belt, and forward to the body scanner. Right there, I heard a familiar voice talking and looked up. Our secretary at work (an old lady) is three position in the front of me talking to another lady! My adrenaline, which just came down from the security check a minute ago, immediately went right through the roof. The world seems distant away, and I can heard my heart thumping.

(To be continued. I need to get some water now just from thinking back about what has happened).

Part 2 of the adventure is here.
    Last edited by LeslieSD; 06-24-2018 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Added link to Part 2
    Leslie's Advanture into the Unknown - http://lesliesd.weebly.com/

Glad it all worked out for you.

If that’s you in the picture, you do look the part.

Sounds fun to me. I love testing the limits even if it gets me into trouble sometimes.

Kim

Banned Read only
    I hope we don't have to wait long.

I made it through at the end without being outed. Don't mean to keep you all waiting and guessing. It's just that I'm a slow writer, and it's a bit late now. I will finish the rest of it tomorrow.

Leslie, some adventure sometimes are fun time, glad you made out ok.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Leslie, you can't leave me hanging like this.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Leslie,

Love these kind of adventure stories. Sounds so much like the Adventures of Me Too.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Sorry for the delay, ladies. I finally got around to write the Part 2.

Nothing bad happened, except maybe a near collapsing panic attack.

Leslie,
    A real cliffhanger of a story.
    Well written and a great trip, even if it was only to San Diego.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Yeah. No need to go over mountains or sail through oceans for adventures. All I need to do is get pretty and step out of the door.