Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you told your children?

Angry Have you told your children?

OK two years ago I told my wife I like to put on woman's clothes, I didn't say cross-dress, I thought that would sound worst.
    She's been on a roller-coaster ever since!

Sometimes she loves me and then she hates me saying our whole marriage is a sham!\

I don't know if woman still get their Once a month mood swing but it looks like they do to me.

We seem to get along fine for weeks then she all of a sudden she hates me and brings it back to CD-ing.

She'll then say " I'll tell the kids".

I wondering if I tell the kids first she won't be able to hold that over me.

I don't want to be a woman, But I love to see how good I dress and look as a woman I find it very enjoyable!

Back to the question, Have you told your children, and how did it go?
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I have two sons, both grown up. The youngest walked in on me one day while I was fully dressed and was totally cool about it. The eldest doesn't know but I'm sure he would react in the same way.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Judy, the age of your kids mite be relevant. LikeDiane, I told my grown kids. 19 and 27.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Both of mine were told when they were in their thirties! Both are fully accepting and stated what ever makes you happy, Dad! Wishing you the best of luck with this! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Read only
    Judy,
    I had to come clean with my daughter because she caught me ironing a dress that she knew didn't belong to my wife . It's going so well now, she visited me with her husband and granddaughter on Father's Day it's the first time I 've been dressed, last Saturday I dropped in on them before my social meeting .

My son is a bit trickier but he does know, he was going to drop in on me on Father's Day , but I was out shopping dressed to buy some gluton free items for my daughter , he rang and asked if I was decently dressed so I asked the girl serving me with some sliced ham if I was decently dressed she just smiled and said OK . When I got back he'd dropped a card and a gift off . OK my wife can't threaten to tell anyone besides she no longer wants to speak to me or see me again because I told some mutual friends so the shoe is on the other foot in my situation !

I told my wife before we were married, We told our 9 year old daughter when she was 6 that daddy like to play dress up. Now we have dress up parties all the time and have girl night out once a month

Aspiring Member
    Kids age is relevant, as the approach maybe different. Mine were growing and seeing me dressed. Around 4.5-5 is when kids start to see it unusual so need some explanation. Definitely find a way to tell your kids. My wife asked me to tell my in laws who live nearby. She didn't want them to learn about my dressing from kids. And yes, never force or expect kids to keep a secret.

Aspiring Member
    Yes, two adult daughters. Did it last Thanksgiving. It was a very positive experience for involved. Not much comment from oldest daughter. Youngest was thrilled and proud of me. Wife stayed DADT, no comment, no sharing of any feelings or opinions.

Very happy I communicated.

I have been socially transitioning for almost 13 years. My Daughter has gone everywhere with me since she was 5..Glad I was able to create a best friend ! It is all possible if you wish to accept the risk and give it your best..

Hi Judy
    I have two grown sons,, and i told them both right after new years last year, both are ok with me,, but my oldest has a problem hearing the sound of my heels on the hard wood floors. Michelle

Told my kids as well as most everyone else, family, friends and acquaintances over 2 years ago. My son saw me for the first time as Allie today, coincidentally, and my daughter is not mentally nor emotionally there yet, though I believe that it will happen sooner rather than later. In fact, my only problem so far with anyone is with my more than grown adult children.

My only caution to the recommendation above to tell your children is that maybe not for you in your case, but if the kids are not yet legal adults, the mother should probably be consulted as a rule of thumb.

I have not told my son as there is no need for him to know.

I told my adult son and adult daughter as well as their spouses several years ago - no major fallout

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    My son knows. He's totally cool about it but that is probably because of the way me and his mum have brought him up to be tolerant and inclusive. If you tell yours they may well be just the same and then they can be an ally against your wifes' intolerance. They may even bring her round. If nothing else it will remove the threat of her telling your kids. Much better to do it on your terms rather than allowing her to continue to blackmail you like this (which is what it is, nothing less).
    Last edited by DaisyLawrence; 06-25-2018 at 06:20 AM. Reason: spelling

Both of my adult kids know, but we never talk about it, and I promised their Mum, many years ago, that I would not appear dressed in front of them. I now have an adult step daughter who also knows, is happy to talk about it, even recommends places where I can buy shoes etc., we often joke about what she calls my "quircks"

I have not told the children, but I feel they already know.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My family, right down to great grandson know and give me earrings or perfume as gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy-Somthing View Post

We seem to get along fine for weeks then she all of a sudden she hates me and brings it back to CD-ing.

She'll then say " I'll tell the kids".

I wondering if I tell the kids first she won't be able to hold that over me.
    The easiest way to overcome that threat is (IMO) to simply respond "OK - Let's do it. How about tonight at dinner?"
    She's likely to come back with some version of "You'd like that wouldn't you?", but you can simply shrug and tell her that it was HER idea, not yours.

Where it goes from there is anyone's guess, and you're on your own...

Judy, I have not told my kids as my ex-wife has killed our relationship. I have not seen them in years. With your wife, would not telling the kids be another reason for her to be upset with you. Maybe, next time she says it, respond "Let's go tell them together."
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I have two daughters (48 and 45). The younger one, who is a mental health therapist, knows and supports me. The other, well, ironically, has so many mental health issues it would be a great mistake to tell her as it might seriously destabilize her. My mother, wife, two of three sisters-in-law and a few others know. Nobody has a problem with it, although they admit that they were surprised and some wish it wasn't so. As long as it is though, it is OK. Whether they want to meet Gretchen is quite a different matter - some do, some don't. The point is they accept who I am.

My wife is very accepting but does not participate except when dressed for bed. We have two boys and two girls age 42 to 49. Only one daughter lives in same city as us. I have told my two daughters and both are supportive of my dressing. My youngest daughter who lives in our town has seen me dressed and we go girl shopping together several times a month. Love her to death. My youngest son would be accepting but right now lives 500 plus miles away and no need to tell, however my two daughters say he'd be cool with it. My other son, the oldest, lives about 80 miles away and always calls before coming over. All say don't tell him, he is super macho and homophobic. Dont know why he's the odd ball so to speak. My other daughter lives over 1000 miles away but is very supportive and has asked for and seen pics of me dressed. All we in their forties and out of the house when I told them about Sidney. Dont know age of your children but if older teenagers or adults I would rather my kids hear it directly from me than from an angry disapproving spouse. Just my opinion. Hope your situation improves.

My two daughters are now in their early 20's and still don't know.

I don't intend to tell them unless there is some compelling reason to do so.

My wife knows of my dressing as Linda and accepts/supports/tolerates it depending upon the circumstances (and don't ask me what they are because I've never been able to figure it out!)

Banned Read only
    SaraLin,
    I've said this before to Judy , on her CDing issues , call her wife's bluff and say let's do it and watch her back pedal !

I see Judy's wife so much like my own , she is total control and calls all the shots . I'm separated now and recently had a huge stack up , my parting words on the phone were ," You don't control me anymore so there's very little you can do about it !" At that point she cut me off , it's as I suspected for sometime , my CDing is a side issue the main problem is she's lost control of me, now she has to find another punchbag !!

I hate to say this but unless Judy stops completely her wife isn't going to let up , even then I don't think the damage can be repaired , I can only see the eventual outcome the same as mine , she'll have to walk away .

I have 2 boys 26 and 29 have not told them and do not see why they need to know. My wife knows and we both agree that family and friends do not need to know. I guess the key for me is I for the most part have been able to find time to dress when I want which is important to my well being. My wife is supportive, I do think if she threatened to tell the Boys I would do what SaraLin said and offer to do it together. I am sure that is frustrating for you.

I agree with Brenda. I don't see any reason that my grown kids need to know.