Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many of you have been in the military?

Valentina. I volunteered to serve. I thought that I was the only heterosexual guy that loved wearing womens clothes. I actually thought that a few years of serving would "cure me".
    I went home for my first leave. Family had a big party. The party broke up, Mom saw that I was down. She whispered to me that she had new clothes in my room. I slept in the new clothes that night.
    I bought clothes every pay day and would rent a room on town.
    I see a PTSD Dr, I told her many years ago. She asked if I blamed the military. Of course I said no way. She asked If I told you that I had a pill that would make you quit would you take it. I told her that I would run away as fast as I could.

I was active duty Air Force from 78-80. I got hurt while serving. 50% disabled. i want to thank my fellow vets for serving.
    I love being a girl

10 years active duty in the Marines. Attached to a Naval advisor team in Thailand for 26 months. Loved the people but not the situation.
    Started dressing about 3 years ago at my wife's request and don't see ever quitting.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Army from 1992 to 2005 as a Medical Laboratory Technician. I did one tour of Iraq in 2003 and decided that was enough. Now I work as a DOD civilian doing the same job I did on the Army

Hi!!!

Thanks again for all your answers!! I really appreciate the time you took to write...

@Michelle: I guess it is good that your wife knows, and at least tolerates it. I can understand is she does not want to see you like that. I hope you have reached some equilibrium in your relationship wrt your dressing.

Cherylgyno: Did your mom give you female clothes? I am sorry, I was not sure if that is what is implied. If so, Wow!!!! And I guess in your therapy, what the question your doctor is asking is if you would extirpate that part of yourself... I know that would not want to give up my femininity. Thanks for sharing, you give me a lot to think

Thank you *so* much for your thoughful answers and PMs.

Love love,
    Val

It does appear that many of us have been in the military. I was in the USAF, 79-88. Had a great adventure, worked hard and played harder! Weapons troops are almost as crazy as EOD troops. In case you may not know, weapons troops either maintain the weapons in the storage area or load them onto the delivery platform = fighters and bombers. Yes I loaded live bombs, missiles, and ammo onto aircraft 🤪! Some of us were not quite right in the head, but this had nothing to do with my having a feminine self. I saw a lot of Europe via Germany and I really miss Germany too. My feminine self was bottled up during these years but surfaced when I left. TTFN!

Danielle

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    I was in the Massachusetts Army National Guard, keeping Massachusetts safe from invasion by Rhode Island.
    Ah yes, the notorious Rhode Island Reds. Where is McCarthy when you need him.
    I used to have a short attention spa

I was in the Navy in the early 70s. I dressed before I went in but obviously could not dress while in especially while on a ship. I went to motels on the weekends that I didn't have duty. I was not drafted-I volunteered.
    Last edited by JoanneB; 07-02-2018 at 05:15 PM.

I am a veteran, but was unaware of my duality when I was in the military service. I was very macho all during young adulthood and early married years, high school and college varsity athlete, Marine Corps officer 0302 MOS, even am adept at boxing and Tae Kwon Do. didn't realize I was a male-to-female transgender person until I was a mature adult, and had been out of the armed forces for at least fifteen years. Looking back I can see specific incidents where my inner self was "shining through," during my youth, but I never made the connection because not only were homosexuals and lesbians a forbidden topic, the word transgender had hardly been invented. My brain was being stimulated in different ways than most of my contemporaries, but because nobody knew about such things, and definitely no one discussed them, I never realized it. Edit: Forgot to answer the question: I was a volunteer, there was no draft when I joined.
    Last edited by StarrOfDelite; 07-02-2018 at 01:44 PM.

I joined the Air Force in 1975, was in until June 76. Honorable discharge. Was talked into getting our at age 22, by a religious group. I regret not doing my four yrs. I experimented with my mom, and sister's things at age 14. Stopped, but it came back at times, and i ordered pantyhose mail order now and then. 2002, it took off bigtime. Never got to have a SO(, or wife. 64 now, trying to not let it take over my whole life, as I have some mental and emotional disorders.

I was in the 80's
    Thanks
    Sharon

Viet Nam era, USN. Got real lucky, ended up at Pearl Harbor with a real interesting job, attached to FAU/CINCPAC/CINCPACFLT. Just gave the CD thing up for a couple of years.

U.S. Army, retired. 20 years, 1981-2001.
    Last edited by Katherine L.; 09-06-2018 at 12:03 AM.

Served my country for four years as a Paratrooper.

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    I was in the Massachusetts Army National Guard, keeping Massachusetts safe from invasion by Rhode Island.
    When were you in? 68-74 in 102 Atty.
    Susann_Gardener

90's for me. Artillery and infantry for the CAF.
    GO ARMY!

76 thru80 Army combat engineer.

Proudly served 6 years in the United States Air Force. I had a top secret clearance in intelligence.

I volunteered into the U.S. Army. I wasn't going to be drafted anyway though. I was 'this close' to being sent to Viet Nam. I found out that I didn't care for the service quickly, but finished my three years anyway. My crossdressing was limited to a pair of panties during the first part of my tour. Only at night and while we were in the barracks.

Yep, 1962 - 1982 retired USAF. Then went to work as a Civil Servant for the army for 23 years.
    First 3.5 years in the AF I was a paramedic. I cross-trained into Secure Communications Equipment Maint. Even was an instructor for Equipment for 3 years. The Civil Services job was the same as the AF job.
    At the time, Cross-dressing was a small thing I did off duty and the family were gone.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

38 years total service in USAF--active and reserve forces. Enlisted in 1968 ahead of receiving a soon to arrive draft notice. Served 9 years as enlisted member before attending OTS and receiving commission. Enjoyed remaining 28 years as commissioned officer. While overseas during Viet Nam War, dressing was far from my mind and did not return until being back home. From then on, enjoyed lingerie in the evenings in privacy of my room. Retired in 2006.

Being a transvestite/crossdresser was a punishable offense under the UCMJ which would have led to discharge.
    Love to wear matching bras, panties, and garter belts

Eight years in the Marine Corps. Although there was a "try-"sexual phase whilst in, I didn't start dressing until years after separating.
    I don't think it had bearing on my dressing.

82nd Airborne in the mid 90s.

Fun times and I was glad to serve, but I was also glad to get out and start making good money!

Was already dressing a bit at the time, but mostly suppressed it through the service.

Worked for the Army as a Civil Servant for 30 years. Did not dress much, but slowly became more feminine leaning since I have retired. Now, I dream about being a lady much of the time! I would make a good one, too (I think?)
    Roxanne Lanyon

"Being a Lady is Quite Wonderful"
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

Aspiring Member
    Alwayshave, I don't think R.I. could get it together enough to invade anywhere. Anyway, I was in the navy from 68 to 71 to avoid the draft. I wasn't to fond of the military but have always been glad I did my part to help the U. S. stay strong and free. Sherrii