Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Non-femme' crossdressing?

'Non-femme' crossdressing?

I wonder if there are any 'non-femme' crossdressers out there?
    That is people who wear clothing meant for females simply
    because it's more sensible, comfortable, and/or fun,
    then what men currently tend to wear?
    If so please tell about it.

You've been a member here so long that by now you should know that there are many of us who do just that. We are miads; we do not impersonate women, we just dress in clothes that we like, that are more comfortable. I, for example, do not wear wigs, jewellery, bras, women's shoes, no makeup. The clothes I wear are my normal attire and not a costume. I do not play a role. I'm dressed for comfort and convenience and not to look like someone else.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

I think an androgynous look is what you are thinking of, there are many participants including myself.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My BF and Style Guru Millisense's Avatar
    Hi Tamroi, I'm definitely just a MIAD, no makeup, no full dress-up, etc.. I tell myself I wear the things I do (nightgowns, panties) because they're more comfortable -- and they are, but that doesn't explain why I underdress in a bra at work, or why I changed to a padded bra and women's top tonight before driving home. That behavior might fall into the "fun" reason you mentioned, but I think you meant it differently. Do you dress for non-femme reasons?

I'm sure there are countless numbers like that here. As you can see from my avatar I would never pass as a woman (even at a distance) so I stick to what I do. I am always underdressed to some degree (even if it's only panties) but I like to wear all female clothing as much as I can.

I am very envious of those here that can pass, as I would love to go out as a woman, but sadly I'm just a MAID.
    Sasha

Just as an aside.....perhaps.... .but not all womans clothes are overtly feminine ...... and not all woman ascribe to a distinctly feminine asthetic ... it makes them no less woman.
    I realize this is a grey area ... but in a spirit of inclusion ... what defines cross dressing is in the eyes or mind of the beholder... For the wearer ...wear what makes you feel comfortable and enriched in the moment and equally determine how that defines your sense of gender as you see fit.

I'm moving in that direction. Privately I love to go all out with breast forms, dresses, lingerie etc. But I can't pass in public. SO I've started wearing kilted skirts and sometimes other skirts when I go for my morning walks and even sometime when I'm in the city. I recently wore a woman's kilt (with feminine underpinnings) while flying to a business conference. It's very comfortable attire actually and something a bearded person can get away with.

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    I'm a Man In A Skirt most days. This is me at work yesterday.
    IMG_1538 (2).jpg
    I don't really crossdress, I just love skirts, hose, and sometimes heels. All of which I wear publicly, as a guy, no excuses given or needed.
    xxoo
    Jennifer

Well there's got to be starting point , this might be a good place to start and then it kinda grows on you to where you can't leave it alone

Quite a lot. In fact, the number of miads I've seen on the streets far outnumber full-on crossdressers.

I prefer to wear skirts since I find them comfortable and fun. And I have no problem with mixing my male shirts with my skirts since it what is comfortable and fits my body. Around half of my skirts are quite feminine so there is definitely a femme aspect as well.

Banned Read only
    Salerba,
    I find women's clothes fun and enjoyable to wear but I'm not a MIAD, I'm TG , so I do also resent those comments about impersonating women and wearing them as a costume in role play . I go out and look like Teresa and I meet the public and my friends as such , I'm heading to full time as much as I can , eventually I hope I can quit the role play in male clothes !

Tamroi,
    I accept that to do every day dressed means less femme clothing , I started by saying I wouldn't wear trousers when dressed well I've had to eat my words , when out and about very few women wear dresses or skirts epecially in the colder weather , so now I have slim cut cords and jeans . At least you can dress them up by wearing heels of some description .

A funny story happened recently , I went to donate blood dressed , the waiting area had about twenty people waiting their turn, the mix of male/ female was about 50-50 , I had to smile because I was the only one wearing a skirt .
    Last edited by Teresa; 06-27-2018 at 10:08 AM.

I am comfortable in either mode. But when i'm not fully dressed I usually wear jean leggings or regular leggings.

I’m very much like Jennifer. I’ve recently “discovered” skorts and love them...so comfortable (comfort is #1) Today, hose, panties, skort, flats & bra.

OK, so Jennifer doesn't crossdress. I'm sorry what did you say you wear to work. I got distracted by that beautiful MGA in the picture. LOL

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    There are as many different CD'ers as there are minutes in the year. Many of us on this site have little to no desire to go the "whole 9 yards". We just seem to like a particular aspect of dressing and do what we like, which is wear certain articles of women clothing. If there was a CD rule book it would say that there are no rules to being a CD'er, other than that you wear clothing usually worn by the opposite sex. I am mainly an underdresser with skirts thrown in, I must admit that I do love wearing hose with my skirts. Clothing should be based on need, function, desire, and not cultural history, or social convention.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Teresa,

You have completely misunderstood my intentions. I was referring to myself, "a miad", and you state "I'm not a MIAD, I'm s TG...", therefore it does not apply to you. I've been following your adventures lately, and must say I'm full of respect and admiration and definitely not contempt.

For a miad like me to pretend that I am a woman seems like wearing a costume to achieve it. I have no transgender feelings or inclinations but fully accept and support those like you, who do.

We all are travelling on our own paths that are parallel yet different.

Regarding your mentioning that you were the only one in a skirt, it reminds me, as I always underdress, that travelling on a bus I am probably the only (one can never be sure) who is wearing a garter belt and nylons.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

I love dressing fully femme when possible and appropriate, but it is not always practical. So I have worked a few feminine items into my daily look, and go out and about as a prettier version of my drab self. I have my hair colored and styled, eyebrows shaped, and always wear high heels, long polished nails, earrings and minimal makeup, usually just lipstick and eye liner/shadow. I am sure some who see me think it is outrageous, but to my face, I am either ignored or complimented on my choices (nails seem to get the most attention). I like the way I look in this mode and have been working lately to make it my standard daily presentation.

- Diane

Banned Read only
    Salerba,
    Many thanks for explaining , no harm done , I accept I do get defensive sometimes , I hope it's gets less so but I know it's a leftover from having to defend every aspect of all this with my wife .

I don't underdress much these days apart from totally dumping male underpants back in February when I separated from my wife but the thought of wearing a supender belt and stockings still feels good under a skirt or dress , the real sexual high is long gone now . The problem is stockings are becomming harder to buy on the High Street .

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillian Gigs View Post
    Clothing should be based on need, function, desire, and not cultural history, or social convention.
    That is the greatest sentence I have read in a long, long time!
    xxoo
    Jennifer

I'm also a man in a skirt. I am happy in my gender identity as a male, but am drawn to the clothing that society has assigned to the "other" binary. I wear skirts, heels and hose during the work week and mostly skirts on the weekends, although I am beginning to experiment with dresses as well. I can't tell you why that is (my clothing choices), it just is. I suppose that when I started going out in public I was (while terrified initially of the possible responses) "letting my freak flag fly". (And, please, go look up the definition of that term before leaping down my throat. After all, we are all on a computer with access to the Internet.) I'm at an age where my career has been established and is coming to an end, and I no longer spend much time concerned about what others may think. I am statistically closer to the second date on my tombstone than the first, and the phrase "If not now, when?" is sounding louder in my subconscious every day. I am much happier now than I was before I started flying my own flag.

I of course am a MIAD, and but the mirl part is important- I'm a girl too. I want my skirt to be seen as covering a feminine sexuality, rather than a male sexuality [think Roman centurion] Since I am male, it requires others to be able to conceptualize that, and I think all our effeminate gay brethren have blazed the trail, along with moderation in the masculinity standards, so it is understood in my case. I am jauntily carrying a purse, not stern and carrying a briefcase.
    We are all beautiful...!

I like to wear female clothing because it really is more sensible and comfortable than male clothing. (The person who invented pants must have been some sort of sadist.) But it's so much more fun with breastforms, a wig and a little makeup!

Oh, and purses are soooo much more sensible than pockets.

I have worn women's jeans for years, simply because they fit me better than guy jeans.

And because, apparently in my area, the guys are all oompa-loompas. If the guy jeans fit my waist, they come to my knees; If the leg fits, then you could fit three of me in the waist.
    Women's size 6T fits me perfectly.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Thanks, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamroi View Post
    I wonder if there are any 'non-femme' crossdressers out there?
    That is people who wear clothing meant for females simply
    because it's more sensible, comfortable, and/or fun,
    then what men currently tend to wear?
    If so please tell about it.
    That's me asking. Thanks much, everyone.

Except for wearing 'cis' on occasions when it's polite,
    I wear all the time, anywhere, a tunic dress or tank and skirt, pantyhose, and boobs.
    I have a beard and long hair. I enjoy dry shaving everywhere but my face.
    People are friendly. Especially women. I've never had any problem.
    It took a while, way back, to conquer a fear.

Thanks also for teaching me the word 'miad'.
    Can we have a miad subforum?

If anyone has had any problem please describe it.
    I suspect that there are many who are unnecessarily fearful,
    and that most men will join us if we are casually open.