Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Non-femme' crossdressing?

panties and 1/2 slips have replaced briefs and boxers

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamroi View Post
    ...because it's more sensible, comfortable, and/or fun...
    Yes, yes & yes!

And yes, there are plenty of us like that here. Not everyone does the whole kit-&-kaboodle of getting completely dolled-up to present as a female... I *used* to, so I know where they may be coming from. Hey, nothing wrong with that, more power to them.

Won't get into the whole spiel for the millionth time, but yeah, I'd be considered as a MIAD -- only I don't wear dresses.

Instead, I'll just do a quick run-down of how CD'ing played a role in my life the past couple days I've had off from work...

- Shaved my face, and "manscaped" my body hair. Meh, average guys do that all the time.

- Exfoliated & shaved my legs. (Okay, most guys *don't* do that. )

- Hand-washed a bunch of my panties in the sink.

- Later yesterday evening, I threw on work-out panties (yes, there's such a thing), a padded sports-bra, women's work-out leggings (mainly black with a small silver diamond print), and a short-sleeve women's work-out top. Just kinda chilled out for a while, which was much-needed.

- Around 10pm, I decided to go for a walk. Didn't change, but threw on some no-show socks, women's running shoes & a women's lightweight stretchy zip-up hoodie. My apartment complex is *huge*, and the "driveway" is very long... Back & forth a few times, and you start talking some mileage. Didn't feel like hitting the main road this time, as it had just stopped raining. Several pedestrians & cars saw me. Honestly, with the MIAD-thing, do it often enough & you just eventually stop caring... They're just my clothes. Besides, many of my neighbors already know my outfits by now.

- Back at home, went a little crazy & did some online shopping. Picked up 6 pairs of women's work-out leggings. Original plan was just one or two.

- Slept in my panties & leggings. (A good pair of leggings are *soooo* freakin' versatile. )

- Wake up, also throw on a guy t-shirt. Putter around. Realize I need to do my laundry, so on goes the no-show socks & women's running shoes. Hit the communal laundry room in my building. Also throw out my trash & get the mail. Nobody around that I could see... Doesn't matter either way, because again, my neighbors are already well-aware of my outfits, LOL.

I dunno, that's about it so far. Yes, very boring & mundane, as it relates to all this... Just the way it should be, IMO. No highs & lows, no thrills or adventures, no freaking out or sneaking around.

Just a MIAD in women's activewear, going about their daily life.

Tamroi wrote:

Thanks also for teaching me the word 'miad'.
    Can we have a miad subforum?

That's a very good suggestion. I've been considering something like that.

While we are all crossdressers, being a miad seems a bit different. I, of course, can't speak for others but I seem to feel that I am not really a part of this community.

When I first joined the forum I was slightly surprised by the number of people whose objectives were to look and behave like women and "to pass".

As a lifelong miad I had not realised that so many were so different than I. I always assumed that all transvestites were like I.
    Wearing skirts and lingerie but being and feeling male at all times.

Reading posts and especially viewing pictures I discovered that I am not like that at all. Once in a while there was a post from someone who seemed more like I

One day a poster used an expression "man in a dress" and that gave me an idea to coin a designation "miad" to describe those of us who may not be "mainstream" crossdressers but crossdressers nevertheless.

I received many replies from both miads and others, mostly positive.

The expression seems to have caught on and is being used regularly, of which I'm glad as I could never find a word that described me correctly.

It seems there are more of us here than I at first thought.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    I dunno, but I think this forum may possibly over-represent the "totally en-femme" portion of the CD'ing population?

Like, I'm sure there are plenty of dudes out there who simply only wear panties and/or pantyhose, during some period(s) of their life, as some sort of sexual release behind closed doors, perhaps ashamedly so, whipping them off immediately afterwards -- and that's as far as it ever goes for them.

So, put yourself in their shoes... Would you even think of registering & posting here, let alone even visiting or finding this site, in the first place? Why would they? And not knocking this place, or anything, in the least bit. I realize this is a site for everyone, including loved ones. But those who I described above, maybe it's just something they "do" every once in a while, on their own. And that's it for them.

I know for a fact that there's also a segment of the younger generation (not on this forum), who are like, "Uh, yeah... Not gay or anything, but sometimes at home I wear my GF's yoga pants, like while watching TV or something. Those things are damn comfy! Who knew?? "

And again, that's pretty much it for them.

Nope, no "ramping it up"... "Oh, hey... I bet if I stretched out a long t-shirt while wearing these pantyhose, it would look kinda like a dress. Oh, wow, it does! Man, I wonder if I should buy a real dress sometime, like on eBay or something? Nah, that's crazy!"

And before he knows it, he now owns 5 dresses & 3 skirts.

"Gotta get a pair of high-heels, why not? Those things are sexy! Stuff a bra, too? Gonna need a big pair of boobs. And I might as well try some make-up, too, while I'm at it... But just a little, like lipstick & eyeliner. Damn, that looks hot! Hmm, if I comb my hair a certain way, while wearing make-up, it looks kinda girlish. Maybe get a wig? Nah, pushing things too far. But I bet I would look pretty hot. Hmm, there's a party store on my way home from work..." Etc., etc.

Nope, not everyone goes down that "slippery slope," as they may coin it. Some do, sure. But I reckon many of them never will, for whatever reason(s).

But to sum up, I think there are many CD'ers out there "unaccounted for," who do just the panties/pantyhose thing for sexual release, or the leggings thing for comfort (and perhaps also release) -- without ever taking it further.

Heck, they're not even MIAD's, really. But perhaps some here are closer to that, than they are to others here?

Anyway, one more thing, to keep in mind. Actually, 2 more...

First, some "totally en-femmers" here may also do the MIAD thing on occasion. Like, if they don't have the time/energy/opportunity to go full-on. So, part-time MIAD's? Would they be included in this group, too? Or are they just being "lazy" CD'ers?

Second, I believe some of us MIAD's may be a bit unintentionally misleading, on the surface. I say that, because although we may *present* as a MIAD, at least to an outside observer... There may be more to it, more than just face value, going on behind-the-scenes, in the depths of our hearts, minds & souls. IOW, we might not always necessarily be "feeling male at all times," as Salerba mentioned. Does this "disqualify" us as MIAD's?

It can all be very complicated, I guess. Obviously not up to me, but maybe we do need a new sub-forum, in order to flesh this out more (with all the extra trimmings) -- and for the site to attract more visitors who perhaps identify more with the MIAD crowd?

Of course, we'd also need a moderator, cuz I'm sure the existing ones already have their plates full. Any volunteers?

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Me, all the time. Mens clothes are just too boring. Everything I own from jeans to coats comes from womens ranges.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    ELLBEE---Do not be dismayed or feel "out of place" here. It's just that the "Totally en-femme" AND "this is the REAL ME" members are more prone to POST, so it only LOOKS LIKE they make up an overwhelming majority here. In reality, we have a pretty good mix of different CD types. I consider MY CD form, Marina, my "NOT ME" form I go to to "get away from myself"----I thought I was the only one like that, BUT via responses and messages, there are lots of folks like me here---Just not posting as much. Still I get to see other forms of CD and learn about them. ALSO a lot of us are also the "Non femme" types---at least sometimes.

I particularly like the feel of women’s nylon brief panties and would wear them in lieu of men’s underwear if I could. Other than that, I do put on a dress from time to time complete with lingerie just for fun. As such, I consider myself a casual cross dresser, perhaps a MIAD but never fully femme with wig, makeup, shoes and accessories -although I would not rule the fully femme thing out if the oppportunity presented itself. I’m sure that there are many of us who are “CD lite”

Marina,

A very good post and you are absolutely right that we know more about those that are vocal and not the quiet ones. This applies to other aspects of life. We hear about the bad guys who do something newsworthy but what about those millions of people who lead their normal lives and never or seldom get into news.

As far as miads are concerned I think Ellbee is right and that there are many who may not consider themselves to be CDs never mind "miads".

You are also right that this forum opens our eyes on all aspects of crossdressing with its multitudes of varieties. It's very interesting and informative to read comments from people who are similar yet different from us.

It's like taking a sociology or psychology course at a university. Maybe even better, as we learn from actual people and not dry textbook specimens.

P.S. I just noticed that it's my post #666. An omen?
    Last edited by GeorgeA; 06-30-2018 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Added P.S.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

I come much closer to the MIAD category than any other. Even the makeup crew who did Dustin Hoffman in the movie Tootsie couldn't make me passable as a woman. I have tried women's panties, but have found none as comfortable as no underwear at all. I tried a bra, from curiosity, but didn't find it anything like the sometimes touted " hug all day." The most comfortable women's undergarment seems to me to be a fairly short half-slip. Winter brings forth pantyhose or tights, usually the support or shaper styles which at least for me actually stay in place. I have infrequently worn a skirt out in public, but never found a dress that fits acceptably. I might consider a kilt, if I could find one to try on. I suppose I am simply doomed to my fate.