Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feminine mannerisms

Feminine mannerisms

How many of you have noticed that your mannerisms are becoming increasingly feminine; even when not dressed? I unconsciously cross my legs and play with my hair all the time. At first I tried to stop. But now i'm going with the flow and even my walk is decidedly feminine.

When I read your thread I had to laugh. I ALWAYS cross my legs the way a GG does. I was out shopping yesterday in drab and found myself kind of swishing my hips back and forth. Kind of surprised me.

Aspiring Member
    Same here. And when I recently came out to one of my best friends, he didn't believe me at first and thought I was joking. When it became clear that I was serious, he said "you know, I had noticed sometimes that you had feminine mannerisms, it all makes sense now!"

BTW he was very accepting of my revelation and nothing has changed in our friendship. I won't show myself fully dressed to him yet, but I did say to expect subtle changes like shaped eyebrows and clear nail polish.

Hands on hips and crossed ankles! These are just what comes to mind now! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

do it at home all the time , comes naturally.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Silver Member
    Walking especially has improved for me, thanks to my heels. They forced me to walk with my toes more straight forward and to take smaller steps. I have also been taught to sit with my knees together when I'm in a skirt. Not by crossing my legs, which im not flexible enough to do, but to cross at the ankles.

Wife tells me all the time I sit like a girl and walk like one.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

My BF and Style Guru Millisense's Avatar
    Hi Angela, that's an interesting observation!
    I'm still a closeted newbie, so no mannerisms yet per se, but I have caught myself having two thoughts that never would've entered my head before:
    One was in a supermarket last week where I noticed a very attractive woman with a see-through white shirt and black bra. Instead of looking at the woman, I just kept staring at the bra -- it had very long straps and I've been looking for a bra like that with long straps. Started laughing to myself when I realized I had paid no attention to her.
    Two was I was in a black chemise about 2Am a few nights ago and I had to go to my car to fetch something. My backyard leading to my driveway is private except for one neighbor who was asleep, and a large park is in view but at that hour no one would be there. I started to go outside but I caught myself thinking prudishly: "hmmmm....this really is way too sexy to be caught in..." and hesitated, but then laughed and realized that no onlooker would be focusing on the style of the nightie their burly, bearded neighbor had on lol. As it turned out, as soon as I stepped outside, my backyard security light (which had been out for a month and needed replacing), decided to work and I was standing there in my chemise, brightly floodlit through the blackness. I half expected some hidden orchestra to start playing "Don't Rain on My Parade" lol.

About 40 years ago, while working with an all female crew, I started to pick up fem mannerisms. At first I didn't realize it, but eventually it became obvious, to the point that the women I worked with noticed. After they pointed it out, I knew I had to find a different position, where there were more males. And I became very aware of how I was being observed, and eliminated all the feminine behavior. Back then, it would automatically lead pretty much everyone to believe that I was gay, and being shy, I already had a hard enough time attracting women.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

As they say, it goes with the territory. If the feminine is reasonably strong in you, there is a tendency to act feminine to some extent whether she is consciously present or not. Remember, a lot of our actions are actually developed in the subconscious and the subconscious then sends a memo to the conscious brain that this is what has been decided. All that background calculation that goes on in the subconscious pops out in various ways and taking on feminine mannerisms is simply an expression of the womanly part of you. How strong it is at a particular moment is a pretty good clue as to how strong the feminine is affecting decisions being made in your subconscious. You may also notice that sometimes the mannerisms come out in a masculine way as well as a feminine way. Your brain is learning the distinctions and the patterns for each identity so they can more easily be implemented as the situations and needs arise. Enjoy it. It is really a beautiful thing how our brains work these kinds of things out. Sudden shifts still surprise me, but they also make me smile a little.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I don't think I have any overtly feminine mannerisms when not dressed, then again I don't have any particularly masculine ones either. When dressed I do do things a little differently. like stooping to pick something up instead of bending, the way I get in my car with a dress on, the way I walk in heels. My wife does tell me I 'sulk like a girl' sometimes!
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Oh! Like Lexi, people have always thought that I was gay, and being overly polite didn't help either!

My current issue is that I was previously capable of altering my mannerisms and walk, not anymore!. My belief is that I have trained my body and mind so well that it has now taken control of me!
    I'm also going with the flow, and quite happily!
    Stacy!

"And now I'm Happy"
    Last edited by Stacy Darling; 06-30-2018 at 07:05 AM. Reason: something made me happy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

I've noticed that my left wrist becomes limp [hope I am explaining that correctly] and my hands on my hips backwards [again I hope that was explained correctly] Also I have a tendency to carry stuff cradled to my chest instead of down at my side.

Valerie

Yes, it is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela1954 View Post
    How many of you have noticed that your mannerisms are becoming increasingly feminine; even when not dressed?
    That's the problem. I don't notice but maybe other people do! "is Bill turning gay?"
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I went with the flow a long time ago, I still get the odd look as I talk with my hands a lot.

One mannerism I have always had. Others have grown on me as I progressed through life.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

When conversing with girls, I notice I use a high pitch voice, and when walking My body moves differently too.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

I believe that we all have female and male mannerisms we use each day. Now as someone who is embracing my feminine side I can say for certain that I do express more female mannerisms than male. Whether talking with my hands to bending down to pick something up I have dropped, clutching books or other items to my chest, walking, and even hand movements and putting my hands on my hips. Since my hips have always had a problem crossing my legs like a man I have always done the abbreviated man leg cross which is just shy of the female leg cross, just moving my leg top leg a bit closer to the lower leg and it would drape over the way the female crosses her legs. This also feels more comfortable when dressed en femme and gives me that pretty feeling that we all feel inside, thanks.

Danielle

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I have often noticed GG's gently running their hands up and down their thighs. It was always a bit of a turn-on for me...when I started shaving my legs several years ago, I understood why they do that, and now I find myself doing it quite often as well.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Knees together when I sit, no man-spread allowed; shorter steps.

sweep your skirt when sitting, Knees together. Toes pointed inward.

Rayleen

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Primrose View Post
    Knees together when I sit...
    Once a week I sit with a small group of people for an hour. It's part of my day job. A few years ago one of the guys (jokingly) said something about me sitting with my knees together. Once a mannerism becomes a habit it spills over when it probably shouldn't. YMMV
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

My mannerisms have always been unintentionally feminine.

I've gone my whole life with people asking me if I'm gay. People seem to think that all effeminate men are homosexual for some reason.

I also play with my long hair. I love them. Long Hair Back - May 2018 After trim + Morrocan Oil treatment.jpgIt's one part of me that makes me feel feminine 24/7. Even if I can't transitioned at the moment, I can honeestly say that I feel like a woman on the inside....

In almost every picture I am in as a guy i seem to be standing or sitting in a very feminine manner its totally unconscious.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec