Thread: Nice Gesture

Nice Gesture

Hi, was at my favorite DressBarn store today trying on some nice dresses 40 percent off. All the sales staff no me by name and are very pleasant. At checkout with my new black and white dress only 14.00 dollars with a coupon and sale. The manager tells me she gets to the store on certain days about an hour early and told me I'm welcome to come to the store early before it's open to shop as I please. The whole place to myself I think that's awesome. Kim

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    sweet, this isn't the first time I've heard of dressbarn being accommodating to cross dressers.

That’s nice and all, but as someone with experience in the field I wouldn’t be so accommodating. There are all kinds of security risks with what she’s offering.

Aspiring Member
    I was offered the same thing by a couple of Canadian retailers but now I just go in dressed and shop as a woman. While I'm sure I don't pass, I do at least blend and conduct myself appropriately so haven't had any problems.

I've heard dress barn is very accommodating to CDs. One of the good stores. Another is Lane Bryant.

Silver Member
    Jean, thats totally the key, isn't it? Be presentable and pleasant and youll be welcomed anywhere.
    Sarah, how many time have you tried shopping at Dress Barn? I have many times and had no difficulties whatsoever, and I've never read a post in this forum that told of a bad experience

Another point I overlooked is your being asked to come in before the store opens. Did they do that for you to ease your anxieties, or because they don't want their female customers to get uncomfortable and make complaints? What would happen if you walked in unannounced and shopped during regular hours with female customers present? If your answer isn't "Nothing" I wouldn't call that store friendly at all.
    Last edited by suzanne; 09-24-2018 at 09:43 PM.

Used to go to Dress Barn but they closed that store. They would help me with dresses I was trying on getting a different size if I needed it or bringing something they thought would look good on me. Loved that store
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Micki, not sure what security risk I would pose. All the SA`s know me quite well. I'm a nice person just looking to satisfy my feminine side. I just want to be treated as one of the girls. I have been there many times dressed and shopped with the store full of women, never a bad word from anyone and I don't pass. I just want to shop pretty. Kim

The avvy pic isn't me
    I'm sure Micki didn't mean you'd be a security risk; one manager of one store may not have security clearance from corporate head-quarters to do as she suggested.

If someone were to see what's going on and make waves her and you could be faced with problems. But I agree, that's really awesome for her to offer.

Cass

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    It is a nice offer but she is putting her job on the line if a corporate person were to show up for a visit.
    I wouldn't want to be part of that and have her blame me for her losing her job.

Kimberly, the offer sounds nice. However, I took the offer as meaning she wanted you to come in when GGs were not around. More sparing her normal clientele the need to be around you than giving you peace of mind.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I think I'd feel pretty good with that kind of acceptance- and if she is a mature manager she knows her tasks and risks with store security. My guess is that it is store policy- accommodate special needs, and as long as you buy enough to prove the value, everyone gets to feel good. Easy to ask her and see if she is taking a risk of any kind, and if so , just thank her for her kindness.

It would be like a really nice birthday gift- whole store to yourself!
    We are all beautiful...!

Banned Read only
    Kimberly ,
    It is a nice gesture but eventually you don't need them , I'm totally happy shopping with other ladies , the conversations I've had are really great . If I can't decide if something looks right I politely ask another GG , only today I tried a dress on in a charity shop , I needed to step back further to get a view in the long mirror so I had to step outside the changing area , a younger lady turned to look so I asked if she thought it was OK she gave me a smile and the thumbs up .

That is a nice friendly approach, I have a similar agreement with a couple of high end dress shops when I shop for evening wear.

I go in later at night after closing time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The manager is in no way hiding me from the GG`s that shop there. I have even met some of the same women there at different times when I shop I have not even got the evil eye from anyone. I have even come out of the dressing room when women are walking in no problems. One women yesterday even comented on the dress choices that I had picked. I think the manager was just being nice to me and would enjoy my early shopping time alone in the shop

Kim

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    if you want to be just one of the girls then just shop during normal business hours.

I am one of the girls and do shop normal business hours. She extended the offer to me. Why can't everybody be happy about that! Kim

Platinum Member
    Hi Kim :hugs, There I a Dress Barn near my Harbor Freight Store,

Next time I should go to the DB first while I sill have some money left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>Orchid..oo..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Sounds nice, Kim! Let her know you appreciate it! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

The Dress Barn stores here in Texas have been so nice . I just love going there

Jean Ann

They only have a couple of Dressbarns here in San Diego. Good to hear that they are accommodating.

Awesome that you got the offer, and awesome you don't need the offer

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    Kimberly, the offer sounds nice. However, I took the offer as meaning she wanted you to come in when GGs were not around. More sparing her normal clientele the need to be around you than giving you peace of mind.
    Seriously though, Jamie makes a valid point. Call me cynical (I am, and for good reason) but I can see the logic in this thinking. However, you will never know for sure.