Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The End of Sara

The End of Sara

Life conspires in mysterious ways.

I have been treading water in many respects. Career, a voluntary job change to jumpstart my previous trajectory. That is all good. Family, yep. I can check that box as well. But when all is said and done, there is a casualty. Mercifully, my lifelong gender issues have faded into the background. Part of it is acceptance of my lot in life, the life I chose to pursue. In that respect, I have never been more content. But there are other issues which supersede everything and I have found that my inner contentment and/or acceptance of who and what I am no longer demands outward expression in any way, shape or form. Neither at home nor out & about in this wonderful world of ours. The thought of wearing much of anything from my wardrobe is utterly foreign.

Tomorrow I will remove an important aspect of my being which I have held close for nearly 10 years. The hair that has become an integral part of my very being, cutting it off. I no longer own a wig, gosh knows what happened to it. I recall sending one to a member here who strangely never got it. But my last one, who knows what happened to it? I wish I could say I have a farewell outing in me to give it one last glorious shot but I don't. I have time off for the holiday next week but I cannot be bothered. Tomorrow is a great opportunity for excision, I'm intent on taking advantage.

This isn't a goodbye thread, I know those aren't allowed. I will still read and participate here. Heaven forbid my honest nature might become more sharply focused. If this proves to be temporary in any way, I'll be the first to admit and embrace it. But alas, I'm shedding the skin of gender expression in a way that I could have NEVER envisioned. This could be a step towards another plane of existence, yet when it comes to gender, I am strangely at peace. The vice which previously held my heart in check is now refocused in a different way. It feels exactly the same but the root cause is undoubtedly different. Just like I'm still the same.

But undoubtedly different.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Hey Sara, I don't know what happened, and life is different for everyone. But do you have to cut your hair? Do you do that just to make a point to yourself? I definitely don't want to see you leaving here. You will be around, right?
    Leslie's Advanture into the Unknown - http://lesliesd.weebly.com/

I wish you peace and happiness as you move forward - I have enjoyed reading your posts for many years

I certainly wish you luck in this transition. It sounds like you are well centered in this action and have worked it out pretty well. I hesitate to say this, but I am sure you are aware that for many this kind of action turns out to be temporary and the feminine in us eventually returns in full force. Maybe you are an exception. That said, continuing to do the crossdressing thing when your identity is headed in the other direction is not healthy and just as bad as forcing yourself to do anything that is contrary to the internal messaging from your brain and is potentially a fundamental part of you. Forcing never really works. Follow the path you are now moving into and make the best of that quest. But don't be surprised if it changes again at some point in the future. After 73 years I have made so many shifts back and forth I lost count. But one thing I learned is to comply with my inner feelings, irrespective of which way I was going, enjoy and make the best of the change. Don't worry about changes that may or may not occur in the future but keep the knowledge that change may occur again in your back pocket, just in case. Good luck. I am sure you will do fine in your new direction. I always found that was true no matter which way I was traveling.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Sara, this may be permanent, it may be temporary, only you will know. Whatever your future holds, I wish you the very best.
    Diane.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Congratulations, Sara! Your voyage into peace is a very desirable outcome, and I'm happy for you. One more mystery of gender- how resolution can appear. If you have time, please tell more- what is filling your heart now?
    We are all beautiful...!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Finding inner peace is a great thing you should expand on it however you can.
    If it means giving up one thing so be it.
    You know who you are and you have nothing to prove so its all good.

Best of luck. Follow your happiness wherever it takes you. We'll be interested in your updates.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

It sounds like you have found the magic door. I wish you all the best luck a person can possible have. God Bless!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Silver Member
    Sara, Or the artist formerly known as Sara,

I wish you well. You've been one of the bright spots here. Mature and thoughtful. If this is pemanent, I would not be surprised, if it is not, I won't be overly dissapointed. You strike me as someone with will and conviction, and I truly wish you all the peace and happiness in the world as you move forward. Keep the rest of us in your prayers from time to time.

With love and admiration,

Your pal,
    -Meghan for now

I appreciate the kind words but again, this is not goodbye. Maybe there is a little too much drama in the thread title. This is just a goodbye to the hair that can be taken out in the wild sans wig or carefully coiffed the rest of the time to easily pass for any other mop of dude hair. This isn't really goodbye to Sara (gosh, I hate speaking in the third person like that), she is still in my heart. But the above referenced vice is keeping her at bay, trapped in my heart and unable to see a day when she'll be let back out. And just to be clear, there is nothing going on which is preventing me from expression other than myself. I travel more in my new job than ever before and I can create outings easier than ever with no one preventing me from doing so.

And again, I am not running away from these pages. There is some seriously pure entertainment that crops up from time to time while at other times, I have come across people who seem to be very similar in world view to myself for whom I can offer help. But like I said, one thing I can promise is the most important thing we can offer in a place such as this. Honesty.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Platinum Member
    A decade is a long time and maybe a meaningful milestone has been passed. I have no doubt that one can be true and honest to oneself and others without wearing it on your sleeve, or your head, as the case may be.

I know you'll stick around, but even if you take a brief or permanent hiatus, its ok. None of us knows what change may be waiting around the bend. Enjoy the new challenges and opportunities to come!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Sara,
    I will be watching for progression or even regression reports from you.

I have seen others do similar things, the most common of course is purging of clothing, for other actions of a more positive nature it seems that a change in lifestyle and relationships have a greater effect.

I wish you well for the future.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieSD View Post
    Hey Sara, I don't know what happened, and life is different for everyone. But do you have to cut your hair? Do you do that just to make a point to yourself? I definitely don't want to see you leaving here. You will be around, right?
    Yes Leslie, very insightful point. You are entirely right and for better or worse, I can confirm that I have in fact made the point.

Inner peace-- the real final frontier? Happy trails where this endeavor takes you.
    Pink is more than a color: its an attitude!

Sara, dang, sounds like there is a pink antidote pill, you found it and took it. Godspeed! On the hair, funny, mine has been down to my bra strap for 8 years, but it's never been gender expression, I always wear a wig. Rather, it's a freedom statement from 32 years of a coat and tie corporate existence. I like my hair, as does my wife, it's fun and rebellious, but I'd be fine cutting it off. Hugs, Michelle

Michelle, you are wonderful! As for the pill, I didn't want it. Nothing has changed aside from expression. I feel as if I have locked her up and tossed away the key. At the moment, my feelings are mixed.

Platinum Member
    Hi Sara , Nothing in this life is permanent, but

Crossdressing is like the Mafia, You just can't quit .

I wish you luck in your new life's adventure.

Don't purge just store things away, Purging can be very expensive!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>Orchid..OO..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Sara,

May your path lead you to smiles and love and peace of mind. And of course when you need a little humor or drama, maybe it will run through these parts from time to time. There will be a candle in the window and a seat at the table (and since you might be dressing more comfortable, you'll actually be able to sit down!)

Sarah
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I will miss Sara but wish you all the peace and happiness in the world! We are here if you need to return! Even if it is to just get a few laughs! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Silver Member
    Sara, my OC friend, if there's a new calling, such as you've had, changes must often be made. I'm so glad you recommented to help clear things up. Its good to know that girl Sara is not going to disappear. I wish you well and happy times as you travel your own yellow brick road.

At first, I was thinking, "Oh no. This sounds like a purge...", but on reading your post again, I can see that, while their are similarities, it's not that. What I see now is just one of the swings that the gender-fluid have to deal with. And you seem to be handling in masterfully, accepting rather than fighting. That's the important thing, no matter which way the pendulum is swinging.

Good luck on your new "plane".

Sara I hate to see you cut your hair. Mine has gotten so thin and balding I just hate to cut mine but after reading everything you wrote I know you feel it's the right thing to do. I also thought you were leaving until I read all your posts. Good luck and hope you find peace and happiness.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sara, I hope you're ok? I've missed my time with Sara. I'll bet Alice has, too!

But, the important thing is whether or not u miss her!?

Nice to hear she's not vanishing into that good goodnite yet!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hi Sara
    Looks like you at are a real good place in your life I am happy for you I have had this happen to me , one time it lasted almost 10 years that Susie just took a break , I had another friend that did the same thing about 20 years ago and Karen is still on vacation he still get together some times for dinner susie and him and his wife , you just never know I wish you the best keep in touch
    Susie