Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "C'mon, Mom, get over it, it's 2018..."

Leslie, I'm so glad you have a supporting daughter and on your side. Would seem your coming out to her, has disarmed your wife's ability to use CDing against you.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Read only
    Happy to read your daughter is supportive of you and knowledge of your cross dressing has not altered her relationship with you. That being said, the relationship between a parent and a child is different than a husband and wife. Threatening to 'out' you to your daughter or anyone else is an attempt to control you. It also shows little understanding about men who like to wear women's clothing. In some ways it is tit for tat on a nuclear level. I think a woman who threatens to 'out' her husband is saying you destroyed my relationship with you, then I'm going to destroy you. People can be very vindictive and act with malice. I'm sure your daughter, being aware of your cross dressing, does sense hostility toward you by your wife. Have you ever had a serious sit down and discussion about your needs or desires?

Teresa may be right in the sense if it wasn't cross dressing would it be something else to throw in your face? Sometimes a woman will just go on with life because those other 'fundamental values' of life will be absent if there was truly a break up. The end result is going through life in a poor marriage rather than individual happiness. To 'dump' a husband can lead to loss of social status, have economic consequences, etc.

Hi Leslie, I wonder if our wives are sisters. Before I had a serious talk with my wife about Danielle she was accepting to a certain degree. Panties, hose, and heels only! All other items were a no go for her. That was a bit over six years ago before we got married. She is my third marriage and the only wife who knows about Danielle. After our most recent chat about Danielle she is more accepting. Mainly because I found some articles for her to read about Crossdressering and the psychology behind it. It is not an aberration nor any clinical diagnoses anymore. There are facts that support the idea that this is part of our person not a fetish for the majority of us. I assured my wife that I have no intention to transition to a woman nor am I gay. I reinforced what I tell her every day, I love her with all of my heart and want to grow old with her. You have an amazing daughter who loves you very much. I can only suggest what helped with my chat and that is to find articles which support you by psychiatry and by other Crossdressers about what they feel inside. For me Danielle is me, she is my feminine self and I am still the same person my wife married! Good luck sister.
    Danielle

Love your story. Sure wish my 35 year old daughter would do the same to my unsupportive wife.....
    I'm so happy for you.

Wonderful story! I'm not a parent, but I honestly wonder how my hypothetical kids would deal with it.

You have a great daughter Leslie thanks for sharing your story. Perhaps there have been some conversations between your wife and daughter about your dressing, so there maybe some back story your not aware of?
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Thanks for sharing. My wife sounds similar to yours and I can imagine my wife threatening again to out me to the adult kids (she tells me they know) and I hope my kids acts like your daughter.
    Hugs, Ellen

Sounds like you've done a great job raising your daughter. Hope my boys are able to be as accepting when they're adults.