Thread: Not as big a deal as thought.

Not as big a deal as thought.

I have 2 children ,twins a boy and a girl.A while back my daughters relationship was in trouble and it looked like she may have needed to move in with me temporarily.I live alone.At the time I wondered how I would go about telling her about my dressing.I can't stop but didn't want to expose her to it until she's ready.I worried for nothing they worked things out and are very happy now, they have a beautiful relationship.A couple of weeks ago my son announced that he and his wife may be separating and he may need to move in until things get settled.Here we go again.I told him there were things going on in my life that we would have to discuss before I could have him share my home and he said "do you mean your crossdressing?"I was floored.He said many years ago when he was a teenager he was looking in my bedroom for girly magazines and came across a catalogue from Take a walk on the Wildside a crossdressing shop in Toronto.After my wife and I split he asked her about it and she told him we used to have weekend getaways where I'd dress.I almost started crying ,he said it doesn't matter to him as long as I'm happy,he has known for years and so has his sister and they love me no matter what.I have great kids.What a relief.We talked for quite a while ,he asked did I go out dressed ,what I called myself when dressed.He was so at ease talking about it,to him it was no big deal.I haven't been able to talk to my daughter yet but now I know if and when I bring up the subject she won't be shocked and run screaming from the room.They may never meet Karen but I don't have to pretend she doesn't exist when I'm with them.I'm one blessed dad.
    Everything you always wanted is on the other side of fear.George Addair.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Well that is awesome !!!
    Thats a burden off your shoulders.

Always nice to hear a positive story like this one. They are, sadly, so rare. Thanks for sharing.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Karen you are indeed blessed, if only in my relationship

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    Those sound like some really great and understanding kids. The truth is that it doesn't matter, you're still the same person and they are smart enough to know that.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    You obviously have a great relationship with your kids. I had a similar experience back in the mid '80's when my daughters found copies of Drag Magazine in my workshop. By the way, no house is too big or small where the kids don't look in every little crack for something. Anyway, they came to me because they thought that the magazines were my son's, their older brother. I confessed that they were mine and that I was a crossdresser. They were so relieved because they knew that I was an OK person if I was like that but they thought my son would never be able to live with himself if he had to deal with this. I think the girls were about 10 and 13 at the time. They are 40 and 43 now and still OK with me being a crossdresser. My son knows but we are in a DADT relationship about the subject. They were right, he can't handle it.

Nice to hear that Karen. Now you can wear your earrings or nail polish or anything not OTT until they get used to Karen. My family give me earrings or perfume occasionally and I love it.

Karen, what a great story. Accepting children, love it.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Well, he couldn't tell you he ksooner..lol.. All kidding aside that's so awesome.'

So happy for you.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    I'd guess your son will discuss your conversation with your daughter and that she will be expecting you to talk to her about it, but is too well mannered to bring it up herself. Sounds like you and your wife have raised wonderful young adults- I'm sorry your own relationship didn't survive.
    I used to have a short attention spa

You have two great kids

Platinum Member
    Really wonderful kids! And they must have a great parent to have turned out so well!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

What a great uplifting story. We should all be that fortunate. Your world just got even better than it was.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

What a wonderful story. You are a lucky person. Thanks for sharing.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

There are plenty of surprises in store for us you have just experienced one of them.

I think it's great that your problem is easily solved.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Thanks for relating that! It's nice to read a "feel good" story with all of the horrible stuff in the news depressing me on a daily basis.