Thread: Transitioning as a REMOTE employee - Part Two

Transitioning as a REMOTE employee - Part Two

As I wrote in an early post, I transitioned at work back in February. Since I work remote, the transition was all on the phone and emails. The management and all the coworkers have been very supportive in using my chosen feminine name Richi and always using the female pronouns. It has been work as normal.

A big milestone was this past week, when first the first time I meet three of them face to face as my true self. We had four days of meetings with a client in their office. So on Tuesday morning I got up early, drove down to San Diego picked the three of them up and we went the client’s office. Everything went extremely smoothly and the two who I meet in the past as a male never gave any indication that I was once presented male.

For the client, I now have a couple of new girl friends to go shopping with the next time I visit San Diegob

Richi

Richelle,

Congratulations on your milestone. I know how hard it can be when you meet your coworkers as your true self the first time. I can still remember the first day I showed up after every one was notified of my change in status, definitely not one of the calmest days I've experienced. Again congratulations, and as I was told by one coworker "You go girl!"

Sounds like you were able to grab the brass ring, and win the lottery all at the same time, good for you!!

Hugs, Bria

Good for you Richelle.
    Your post caught my eye as I work remotely as well.

Congrats Richelle. I'm really happy for you!

Im super happy for you and I hope it gets better and better for you..Keep up the great work!!
    I am real

Just as an update. My VP sent an email today asking how the trip was and if I was comfortable being my true self. It is a nice felling to have the support of senior management.

Richi