Thread: A week with painted nails

A week with painted nails

I just returned from a 8 day ride on a 18 wheeler. Before we left the house I painted my nails. I had a good ride and we had a nice time. I sat back far enough on the passenger side that most drivers never saw my face as we passed them. All they saw was red nails and rings waving as we went by. At times my feet were on the dash and toe nails are always painted... So fun right? I seemed to run into an issue though, I became very self aware of my nail polish while using the men's room. That's rest area, Flying J/Pilot, ect... Eating dinner with my girl I was fine, walking around the store with her I was fine. But for some reason the restroom really made me nervous. Anyone else ever experience this? I was not dressed to speak of, I mean I was wearing womens jeans but my boots and a big black trucker type shirt (Big Chief 405 actually). I got longer hair that I think needs a trim but my girl says leave it be so...I'm good with that because it helps with the overall look I want eventually. Im good in public, I don't care what anyone thinks because I know who I am and it takes all kinds to keep the world going round. So what's up with the restroom? Why am I feeling weird about it? No one has ever said a word but I have gotten some looks. Am I just overthinking this??

10 or 12 yeas ago, when returning from "BurningMan", we stopped in the Reno area for the night. Both my wife and i gambled through out the evening, playing card table games, machines, and spend some time sitting in the bar area as well as eating in several diners. My fingernails were polished a very bright green. glowing green during this entire time. Fellow card players had strange looks once in a while, especially if i was increasing a bet. Additionally, during this time, my clothing (male) was lightly covered in a very fine light tan dust. Then only comment i received from anyone was in the "Men's Room" when a fellow "Burner" was urinating in the stall next to me, when he said, "It never comes off", referring to the dust (playa) covering me. I wore those nails all the way home to California and for a few days after. Absolutely nothing negative during that time period.

Be yourself, if your girl is fine with you....enjoy!

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Seems that you did just fine Alissa in spite of the painted nails. Must have been the boots and "Street Outlaws" shirt that intimidated any from causing a scene!

And Tammy, while I never have been to Burning Man, I am all to familiar with the fine dusts of the US Southwestern deserts that permeate everything (as in my 4x4) and coats the body with a welcome pseudo tan. However, just a little disappointing when that hard earned tan washes away after the next hot shower. L