Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When going out, if married, what do you do with your male wedding ring?

When going out, if married, what do you do with your male wedding ring?

Hello Ladies,
    This is something I have been pondering upon for some time now. When I decide I wish to go out in public en femme what should I do with my wedding ring? The ring impression will still be there if I take the ring off and what if I go out with my wife, as I would most likely do?

My opinion is that I should buy a wedding band and engagement ring which my wife would help me chose. I would then ask her if she would like to have a small ceremony where she gives me these rings as in a wedding ceremony of some type. Then when we go out it would appear to others as two married women out together for a ladies night out.

What is your opinion or comment about this, thanks.

Danielle

If I were out it wouldn't be a problem since I don't wear my ring because of the dangers of wearing it around the farm. I do like your idea of buying a ring and the ceremony.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Mine stays on, I just add a few more rings to my normal four.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Sure thats sounds like a nice idea. More femme rings and a little ceremony.

Myself. I just wear my regular band. It's big. It's silver. It's a custom design so there is no hiding that it's mine. I never found it to be an issue honestly. I wear other rings on other fingers so it doesn't really stand out, but i's there.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Banned Read only
    Danilelle,
    I've never been a great ring wearer but from a safety point of view they were too dangerous to wear in my previous occupation maintaining a RADAR site , in the days of valve equipment with high voltages and large currents . In my photography I couldn't wear them because of the chemicals in my darkroom .

So rings don't give me a problem when going out dressed .

I still wear it. I just add another engagement type ring to the same finger. I'm a married lady you know!

When I first went out with the ladies here in Houston for the monthly GNO, not having a wedding ring was something that kind of bothered me. So I looked for a very inexpensive, zirconia type stone. I think this was about 20 or 25 USD.

For anyone thinking this might be a solution for you, I should note one of the members here pointed out that a ring that inexpensive may become worn looking or the “silver” outer part of it may wear off and reveal the dull metal underneath.

IMG_0826.jpg
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Some years ago I was hit on when I wasn't wearing any ring, so I bought a wedding band and engagement ring combo that I use in public. After all, I AM married.

My wife and I have matching custom made bands so I just wear what I always wear. Of course IF we ever went out dressed together and anyone notices matching custom bands (we do get comments all the time) we just may get pegged as an elderly lesbian couple.

I bought a wedding set at a silver shop for about $20 20 years ago. My male band comes off and the ring and guard take its place. Easy-peasy and no ceremony required. Don't over-think it.
    Jon

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    I just take off my ring and substitute the imitation diamond ring I got for just such occasions
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

I have a nice diamond cluster I fit over my wedding ring.

It's the nicest piece of glass I own.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My wedding ring is white gold. I added a silver engagement ring with a nice looking cubic zirconium stone. My first one was cheaper and the coating did wear down to the copper base metal. Since then, I've found a better ring with better plating. I love slipping it on over my plain unisex wedding ring.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    My wedding ring is an Irish Claddagh Ring. I have worn my wedding ring for 47 years and don't plan to switch it out for any other. For those that don't know the meaning of the ring, The heart is love, the crown is fidelity and the hands are for friendship.

I only wear female rings, my wedding ring has been in the draw these last 10 wonderful years, as in male mode I'm always around live electrical wires and I've seen what electricity and metal rings and watches do when they get together.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Like others, I bought an inexpensive women's engagement ring/wedding band set on eBay to swap for my male ring when Xenia comes out to play.

And then, since I'm really not much of a jewelry-wearer, I always forget about it until 30 minutes after I've left the house...

My gold wedding ring is over 60 Years old. I wear it all the time with a second, more recent, gold ring.

Danielle, I have been pondering this for a while. I got married late may and have not been out since. My wedding ring is white gold with a trinity knot running down the center. I was considering getting a ring with a stone to cover it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I have an inexpensive wedding set that I wear in place of mine.
    I bought it because I still wish to show the world that I am married.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

My wife and I eloped, it was planned but I got my ring at the last min and it is a little to big so I put it on my thumb when I get dolled up and back on my ring finger when out with the Mrs.

Banned Read only
    Rachel,
    Been there and made that mistake , even on a car battery my finger was badly burnt when a spanner slipped and I shorted a terminal out with my ring .

With old valve equipment on a high powered radar system sparks did often fly , it was a definite NO-NO !

My simple gold wedding band, slightly wider than my wife's, has been on my finger for over 49 yrs. I doubt I can get it off now what with an old volleyball-induced knuckle injury plus a bit of more recent arthritis. I bought a yellow "diamond" engagement ring to wear with it when out. Looks rather nice, IIDSSM, and adds one more element to the overall image. I can only remove it with help from a soapy solution.

At first I wore my regular wedding band and nothing else.

Before my first trip to Southern Comfort I went to the jeweler, in male mode, and bought a gold wedding band and matching engagement ring with a cubic zirconia for the stone. Now, I wear that wen dressing.

One comment on your desire to have a private ceremony with your wife. How does she feel about your dressing, going out in public either separate or together and the idea of a ceremony?

I think those are questions that need to be asked before buying anything.

Good question, my wife is accepting and encouraging. We just bought me a new pair of Nina’s, t-strap 4” heels that are soooo cute. And yes she agrees we should have a little ceremony with my female rings to show she and I love each other and would get married again even knowing about my feminine self Danielle.

I replace my male wedding ring with a ladies CZ engagement ring and wedding band set.
    Jill