Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does it matter how we dress in our own homes?

Quote Originally Posted by JessikaRobin7 View Post
    >>SNIP<<

I think I still have in my head "what if my landlord finds out and kicks me out"... which I suppose is crazy but still.. At worst he could charge me for having a roommate... lol
    My landlord has access to the apartments and was in my place for some minor repair work recently. Seeing all the girl paraphernalia (make up, lingerie, clothes, etc) he spoke to me about when I got home. He told me there would be an additional charge for a second tenant. I was confused at first,, then the penny dropped and I started to laugh. I explained the situation, and even showed him a couple of pics on my phone.

Other than looking a little disappointed that he couldn't get more rent money, there wasn't a problem. Although I don't that he quite believed me until he ran into me one evening as I was going out.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    All depends who's doing the knocking.If my folks are paying a quick visit it's a fast change,But if it's a delivery or the postie etc well as long as I'm not,as other have said,in my lingerie then I'll answer the door en femme no problem.It helps that we live 10 floors up and there's a door entry system so I'm pretty much in control of how I am presenting when I open the door

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

If I am dressed and someone is at the door I just don't answer it, but in the event it was someone that knew about my dressing I would just answer the door. However, if it was unavoidable to opening the door I would probably just get changed.

Aspiring Member
    The ability to do as we please in the privacy of our own homes is a cherished right in the US. The concept is the stated legal basis of the Fourth Amendment to the US constitution, "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects..." The Founders then went on to limit the government's authority to search, even if it costs them the opportunity to find evidence of illegal activity. Crossdressing is no longer illegal here, but preserving the privacy of what we do in our own homes was important enough to clearly state then and it is important now.

When home alone I agree that dressing as I would like is great. With a family, those opportunities are not always there. Even then, when living in a small town with extended family I tend to be cautious. An unexpected knock on the door from someone that knows I'm home could lead to some very uncomfortable conversations. As with many thing I've learned about the CD community so much is very much dependent on each individual's situation/circumstances.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Bobbi.
    Your neighbours are lucky to have you. Whatever peoples attitudes to transgenderism they have to all agree that us 'gender gifted' types are at least interesting. I've lived all over and had lots of neighbours, some lovely, some downright evil, and even one that turned out to be a serial killer. At the end of the day none were anywhere near as interesting as having a crossdresser living next door. Heck at least the murderer was something to talk about with the otherwise boring folks!

When home alone, so rare due to my step daughter, I just wear a long nightgown and just lounge.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I am far less likely to cool off by putting on a bra than taking one off. Just saying...

I have a dressing gown ready in case of callers.

Michelle.

Jessica,
    The same could be applied to me, not only am I out to my hamlet where I live (11 neighbours) but also my local town council all know add to this the post ladies and men who in turn come from a sorting office i guess there must be a whole pile of people that know of me and despite this there has been no fall out from it or loss of friends.
    abby,
    I could not agree with you more, regarding inside our home as one friend who i told said to me " what you do in your home is your business, what you tell me stays with me" and that turned out to be true he did not use my information as a useful bit of tittle tat to pass on to all and sundry.
    Daisy,
    Thank you for that i guess I am lucky to have the situation that i have in that I do not need to hide behind my front door a at all.

I do not and have not ever " flaunted it" to put it one way but on the other hand after gaining a certain degree of confidence I now have no qualms in answering the door dressed, so many people know of me that it does not matter any more.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Banned Read only
    Daisy,
    I'm getting the feeling I've caused a bit of a stir in my new neighbourhood but at least there's no intention to hide it anymore , I come and go as I choose . Yes the guy from across the road did nearly catch me much like Bobbi, I had just finished putting my makeup on, only wearing a bra and pants and no wig when he rang the door bell ! So what do you grab to cover up , the nearest item hanging on the back of the bathroom door was the shirt and trousers I had just walked the dog in , I only had time to do one button up on my shirt so you could see my bra with forms in . He's a retired plasterer and does jobs for cash and I wanted my bedroom wall skimming after adding insulation to the wall , so he popped across to tel me when he could do the job .
    Last edited by Teresa; 07-06-2018 at 03:14 PM.

Teresa, Where was your dressing gown? might that have been quicker or would that have been too much of a give away?

Well for me, The house is mine and my wifes. I will dress how ever I want too in my own house.

Kelsey

Great experience but don’t assume everyone will treat you well just because you’re polite. There are people who not only hate us for who we are and what we do, but are also willing to perpetuate violence against us simply for existing.

There's no greater feeling being able to wear clothing you desire. It's summer in Connecticut. For the past 2 weeks most of the day when I'm home inside the house or on the back deck I'm in lace panties and a tee-shirt. Pink Panties and a white tee or black panties and pink tee. The boy shorts are nice but yesterday I pick up some lace thongs that are nice too. I've been wearing those all day. When I'm in the garden or in the yard I put on some Jean short shorts or leggings. In the pool I'm naked all the time. I have a tall fence.

Micki, In a way I think I am like Teresa blessed with where i live, the more I speak to people ( if and when the subject arises) about dressing without needing to or desiring to include myself I find people especially round here are more accommodating and accepting towards our community.

Recently I found out that there is another expat very close to me who is a dresser but as yet have failed to find her. I did hear that she has had no adverse criticism thrown at her. I genuinely think times are changing and rapidly.
    Yes animosity can be leveled at us from time to time but I think on the whole that would be likely to occur in larger towns and cities and areas with a strong religious connection, although there must be of course exceptions.

Banned Read only
    Bobbi,
    I have two women's style , a black satin and lace one a silk floral one both hanging behind my bedroom door so they weren't the first item to hand .

Also it comes down to ones comfort status and self confidence. If one is not worried who sees them dressed (appropriately) at the front door wheres the harm in being oneself? Just the other day Angus my neighbour saw me close up for the first time dressed as i was slowly turning round the sharp bend into my lane he greeted me nicely. But as I say surely its what one is comfortable in that counts best?.

Silver Member
    One time when I moved the neighbor came buy while I had the doors open. He walked in and saw me fully dressed. Never said a word about it.

Liz, IMO that is just how things should be, how we all would like life to be, placid with everybody getting on with eachother just like my little hamlet, nobody being judgemental, just each of us getting on with our lives as we feel. I think in a way I am in a very liberal community.

Bobbi,

Before I read the text portion of your message, I was going to say that it didn't matter until you opened the door! You beat me to it.

Lacy PJs

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Jodie said it best!
    Very cool interaction too.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Yesterday I was practicing my guitar in a white, sleeveless top with eyelet embroidery, a Roz & Allie Floral print maxi skirt, forms & jewelry, but no makeup or wig. I finished up and headed downstairs. As I turned the corner to the kitchen, there was my wife standing talking to a woman who I did not know. It turned out she was a political canvasser. The elections in Massachusetts are already starting. I just turned and went back upstairs.

She must have seen me, but she made no indication to my wife that she did. Taking about it later, we both laughed, because my wife had answered the door in her pajamas, though it was afternoon. I guess if you are going out to do political canvassing, you're going to see stuff that you didn't expect.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

It is quite amazing how sometimes people fail to see something which is almost right in front of them, and others notice immediately, sometimes people are not concerned in what people see them in. In general i am very careful in what I am wearing and how I should be seen when I open my front door, I would never balatently open my door just in lingerie purely because it would not be right but on this occasion with a long tee shirt that covered me up sufficiently there was no problem. Being seen dressed properly is a very important thing but when one is caught on the hop like I was, I would like to add that i could not delay opening the door any more because my neighbour knew I was at home but doing what i did and covering up in an emergency was sifficient to not upset my neighbours by being seen in an undecorious state.
    But out of it all this incident did illustrate how accepting people can be helped by the fact of all my neighbours knowing and seeing me from a distance dressed so seeing me up close dressed was, for me no big deal at all. But something to look back on and reflect on a happening that passed without any wrong impressions or recriminations.