Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does it matter how we dress in our own homes?

Does it matter how we dress in our own homes?

The other day as so many other days it was another roasting day and even indoors it was so hot to this very end that I was dressed in just a bra, forms and matching panties trying to keep cool when lo and behold there was a loud knocking on my front door, the nearest and quickest thing to grab was a longish tee shirt which just covered up the top of my panties, I also noticed through the frosted glass that it was one of my neighbours who has seen me from a distance dressed but not close up but knowing who it was i opened the door to find my nearest neighbour with an ice cream box full of fresh picked cherries from his garden.
    There was no change of expression on his face from start to finish we had a little chat, I thanked him profusely for the fruit and off he went. Which goes to show that if the nearest and closest are approached in the right way how we dress is up to us, without offending of course which i made sure I did not and after that acceptance is sure to follow because if on telling one can tell that someone does not agree then it is impolite to push the boat out too far, but where I live just about everybody knows about me and accepts me for what I am.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Haha Bobbi you got his cherry but saved your own eh??????
    Carole

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Carole, my time will come!! Lol but seriously this current happening just boosts my confidence, as you say my cherry is safe for now??

It does if we have a problem with our spouses.

Me I am lucky, I dress how I like.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Nothing happened well what about that?
    I have to ask if it was that hot why did you have a bra on anyway?

It doesn't matter how you dress in your own home but don't answer the door unless you want who's knocking to see you.

Guess all you needed was a pair shorts handy

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    If you're going to answer your door dressed? U don't care if you're outed!

I don't have a close relationship with my neighbors. They don't bring me cherries and I don't bother them. As a CD, I have no interest in giving them something to gossip about!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by rhonda View Post
    Guess all you needed was a pair shorts handy
    Or a bathrobe.

How you dress at home is your business. No one else needs to know, imo.

Xox,

Tina

So long as your not bare I wouldn't care.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Tracii G
    I like to feel feminine every day without a bra and forms my day would have had no meaning to it at all. In fact I am more comfortable en femme than at any other time.
    Jaylin,
    Everybody round where I live knows I dress, so one day is very much like the rest and as neighbours know and have seen me dressed there seems no need to hide my persona behind a closed door any more
    Rhonda,
    There somehow seemed no need for shorts and due to the length of the tee shirt nothing could be seen as well.
    Sherry,
    You miss my drift a bit, I was relating acceptance to be seeing dressed from afar as to be seen close up, as for gossip there is no such thing going on round here, all in my hamlet know of my dressing and all of them accept me for what I am. it was a happening that passed just like any other.
    Rachelakid,
    You echo my thoughts exactly, for sure no way would I answer the door naked! but dressed as I was and suitably covered I was happy to answer the door, if it had not been hot I would have been fully dressed, wig and all and still I would have answered the door.

Banned Read only
    Bobbi,
    You'll have to get yourself one of those spicy aprons at least from the front all would have been covered up !

You've just reminded me of something that happened a couple of days ago , I was in my bra and pants and had just finished putting on my makeup when the doorbell rang . OK so what was the easiest thing to slip on well a male shirt and trousers , I managed to do one button up on the shirt so there was quite a bit of bra showing with my forms in . I answered the door to find the guy from across the road had come to tell me when he could plaster my bedroom wall , as you know he knows about me but that's the closest he's been, I apologised saying he had caught me in an in between state , full make , obvious boobs no wig , not a pretty sight !

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    It does if we have a problem with our spouses.
    Bingo, my wife DOES care how I dress at home, and she makes it plain she hates it even if she's not home. Ours is a hostile DADT situation.

I hear ya, OP, on the hot weather. Same thing here right now but I'm drying a different approach, a nice cool linen dress, but commando underneath (no bra, no panties). It's very comfy, better than bra and panties alone I think, due to the loose fit, and well-aerated nether-lands!

Platinum Member
    What you wear or not wear at home is your business. Or, at least considering those also stuck with you behind the closed doors. I think common decency comes into play. A woman is not going to answer the front door wearing only panties and a bra unless she is an exhibitionists or trying to lure the UPS driver into her den of inequity.

This sort of reminds me of a neighbor who sunned herself on the front lawn wearing a bikini swim suit and unfastening her bra band to eliminate tan lines. But, if she was running around the house in a bra and panty she yelled at her husband to pull the front blinds. If you wanted to peer into their front window you'd have to be on stilts. My wife is the same way. Our front window is seventy feet from the curb, no sidewalks, and two big trees on the front lawn. Impossible to see in at all, but, modesty prevails as she yells at my to "close the drapes!"

If you're a man who enjoys wearing women's clothing, then at least keep yourself decent and modest.

Stephanie. I considered myself to be decent and also covered! I did not open the door in just bra and panties I covered up with a longish tee shirt, in any case I was not displaying anything sordid or unsightly or ,showing anything I should not be showing, I think I was at least covered up sufficiently considering the heat of the day. The point I made was that the whole incident reflected the acceptance of people in general and at the same time not be an exhibitionist, which of course I am not, as I hold the whole ethos of our community close to my heart.

hello Bobbi,
    when we dress at home we have control of who we allow to see us, so it really does not matter what we wear.
    it only becomes an issue when the wife invites friends in...
    luv J

Silver Member
    Bobbi, you put on the T-shirt to cover your lingerie, but I need to ask, did you take your forms out? I, too, at times wander around the house dressed as you were, but no matter how I may be dressed pretty, I never answer the door, when so dressed.

Jenny22, No I did not take my forms out, the thought never crossed my mind actually, as I say the neighbour who came to my door had seen me in the past dressed so bearing that in mind I was just mindful to cover up sufficiently plus there was no need to ignore him, he had seen me before we are good friends too as is the rest of my hamlet (all eleven of us). I am sometimes seen going from my house to my barn nearby by, by all sorts of people (post, delivery people and such like) but of course on those occasions I am fully and properly dressed.
    Also I would never answer the door just in lingerie it what be the done thing IMO but as I say I was covered up it was no big deal at all
    Last edited by Bobbi46; 07-02-2018 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Clarification needeed

It happened a while back, I had a bra w forms and a tight top and leggings, the door bell rang and notice the UPS truck outside.

I remembered I had a parcel coming and forgot how I was dressed. I just open the door and sign the slip and he never said anything.

Pretty sure it wasn't the first time it happened for him.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Rayleen, you have it right there regarding delivery people they as you say have seen it all before so my neighbour seeing me as I was, was no big deal at all. Also it comes down to how comfortable one is, I was and as I say no big deal.

You are in your own home, you have the absolute right to dress any dam way you please. You can even go starkers if you want.

We all need to stop worrying so much about how others will react. With the exception of a spouse or young children, how you dress is nobody's business and you can't continue to live life according to other peoples expectations.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbi46 View Post
    Which goes to show that if the nearest and closest are approached in the right way how we dress is up to us
    Please don't assume that everyone else's 'nearest and closest' are the same as your experience.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I'm always torn between answering the door when I'm dressed. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. But my wife generally goes along with it when I ask if I should answer it while dressed. We usually know who it is so she answers it sometimes if it is someone more official. But food deliverites are fair game. I don't 'present' myself, but sort of peek around the door as I grab the food, pay the bill, etc. Of course, I have answered it without thinking too. ha ha

i think in this day and age there can be quite a lot of flexibility with peoples understanding of the gender differences that we have.Providing one is not out to push the boundaries on purpose but is just being and expressing their true selves there is a lot more acceptance in general, of course there will always be those who for whatever reason will not and cannot accept us for what we are. I am fully accepted here for what i am and the way i choose to live without ramming it down peoples throats all the time

Explorer
    although arguably still at a high level (depending where you live) the quickly increasing level of acceptance or at least awareness of gender issues is helping.

Great show right now on TLC right now called "Lost in Transition." - another infomercial to teach people that the world is a spectrum. A great mix of couples on this show. Lots of places they are going we've all been.

I've never opened the door before when Jessika was home... you've inspired me to put that on my goal list. (of course not the mail lady because it's a small town and she'll just back to HQ and out me to the whole town... blah blah blah stop hiding from the world..)

I think I still have in my head "what if my landlord finds out and kicks me out"... which I suppose is crazy but still.. At worst he could charge me for having a roommate... lol