Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Openly shopping

Platinum Member
    Hi Sammi , I have been buying clothes in the lades dept. for so many years that t s just second nature now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>Orchid ..00..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I've done this many times and I enjoy it. I've had largely (overwhelmingly?) positive experiences.

Hello Sammi,
    shopping is such a pleasure - I never know what I might buy
    luv J

Openly shopping is great! I've managed to find a couple of stores with some amazing sales associate that have gone out of their way to help me shop. I have had a couple of awkward experiences. I try to have fun with it, and when the sales team doesn't seem to be comfortable I simply move in to another store. The thing I like about women's fashion is that there is so much to choose from I don't have to be stuck with one style/store.

Only once have I ever made it clear that the dress that I was buying was for me. That was at a Dress Barn and it was a great experience. However, I have purchased other dresses, One recently at Ross Dress for Less and plenty of panties and lingerie where I am sure that the SA thought that it was for me. Never had a problem except one time buying a bra at a Catherine’s where I got a dirty look from one of the SAs. The one who checked me out was very professional and polite. All in drab

I'm planning on having a girl friend that knows help me out. I have tried the internet but I am rather clueless in women to men sizes. She is a BBW so will be able to help steer me in the right direction I hope.
    Thanks
    Sharon

I have shipped in male mode and enjoy femme. I'd much rather shop dressed up. It just feels a lot more comfortable to me. And that's just my personal preference.

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar
    Do i shop in drab? I have and still do. Sometimes I have the wife with me and she makes suggestions. She sometimes even looks for items for me and then shows them to me to get my opinion. When dressed, I am on my own, but I go to dept. stores such as Sears, JC Penney, Wal-Mart, Meijer, and the like, and try things on and take pics for later reference. Makeup is usually drab with the wife, mostly at Wal-Mart. Jewelry can be anything from anywhere, but I get quite a bit online. Lately, I have been trying to add errands to when I am dressed, and even found myself looking for a reason to go out dressed. I am no small person either, so I have caught a few GG's holding it in a bit, not all, but most. I keep thinking that people are staring, but for the most part, they aren't. Still have that level of anxiety from time to time.
    [B][I]Call me Michelle: doll:

Explorer
    I've done a bit of shoes and recently tried some things on in a boutique with the owner's blessing.

I bought a pair of shoes at payless once and the girl behind the counter upsold me on the little socks you wear inside flats... She never broke salesperson rapport and I never felt uncomfortable for one second.

Now if DSW would only start carrying size 12... I'd be golden (this mail order shoe buying is not good)

I have only gone shopping once while dressed (which was great), all the other times I have gone in drab. The first time at the thrift store I didn't try it on, after my wife got me a skirt that didn't fit, I always use the changing rooms unless I know for sure that it will fit. The first time I was shaking nervous mess, but each time it gets easier. I never enjoyed shopping for male clothes, but I love shopping on the other side of the gender line.

I prefer to shop online once I have the sizing of the clothes from the store down, but it is a little awkward shopping for female clothing to try on. I usually bring a measuring tape with me and don't try any of the clothing on. Anyone have some tips?

Yes , I am fairly open about shoping . I went in to Dress Barn in drab Sunday. The sales Lady helped me select a Maxi Dress .
    I tryed it on and purchased it.
    Absolutely no problem . And it took place in Texas. Goes to show how far we have come

Jean. Ann

I don't go out dressed so the only way I shop is drab. Never had an issue with it. I always try stuff on and got a few looks from the customers in the store but the SA were always pleasant.

yes I do it quite regurarily. I must admit though I do still feel a bit awkward especially if it's a male sales assistant at the checkout. Thrift stores are still my favourite as it's always such a surprise what you can find. I did it for a wig once. I passed the wig shop about 20 times before having the courage to go in. Thankfully there was a very pleasent sales assistant to help and noone else in the store.

I do it openly and happily, and only once did I run into one SA frowning with disapproval, but the other made up for her. It is totally safe and quite nice. I don't see any difference in attitude when in dress or drab.

Maybe 10% of fitting room attendants pause and take a breath when I hand them 10 super girly items, but then realize their job is to help and are polite- maybe pointing me to the men's side. It makes their days more interesting, I think, and they can feel they are doing social good if nothing else.
    We are all beautiful...!