Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Openly shopping

Openly shopping

Even when not dressed I enjoy openly shopping for feminine clothes, shoes, makeup. I’ve sat in shoe depts and tried on shoes, asked associates which dressing room I could use, tried makeup on while in male clothing. Anyone else?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sure I did that a lot when I first started out.
    Since then all my clothes and shoes are womens so its just normal now.

I do a lot of my shopping in total male mode. I'm not out and if the wife isn't with me I just go to the makeup department and get what I need. Same with hose or panties. I've been asked if I needed any help by the SA and usually I tell them what I need and they usually lead me to the area.

Sure, do it all the time, and never any problems. one time she ask me if it was for me, I answered " What do you think" and it was it.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

I don't have a problem with drab shopping either Occasionally I have gotten a comment but nothing rude or condemning. I get a kick out of telling the SA its for me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Wow, such an intense question. I have done most of my shopping in local stores and have been helped with makeup by the SA. My first wig was from a wig store, heels, hose and panties from a big box store. I was so scared when I was doing this but the selection for my size was not always readily available as most stores in my area cater to the more petite woman. So I started shopping online with brief outings to local stores for makeup and other odds and ends. I have never had a problem with anyone sales associate or other customer when out shopping or looking, thanks.

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    I just tried on girl clothes in the changing room for the first time, Yea me!

Silver Member
    These days, I nearly always wear a skirt outfit while shopping for my girl clothes. It's gotten to the point where, if I show up in drab, they ask me if anything is wrong.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Yay Sarah !!!

Awesome Sarah. You are much further along than I am but I will take that step!

90% of the time I shop it's in drab. But I just love shopping dressed.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Only tried clothes on occasionally in drab, lost the fear years ago.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have tried on clothes in the dressing room, had makeup applied in Macys and tried shoes on in a shoe store...
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I'm not nervous about shopping in drab, but when trying on clothes, I need to wear my corset and forms to evaluate how things will fit. So I might shop for underwear, makeup, shoes and jewelry while drab, but will usually avoid looking seriously at dresses, skirts and tops unless I am dressed for the occasion.

- Diane

quite often for clothes and only twice for make up
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I've gotten pretty comfortable shopping en femme, but shopping for women's clothes while dressed in male mode still just feels incongruous and uncomfortable to me. On more than one occasion, I've seen a particular dress when out in male mode and thought "Oh, that's cute, I hope it's still here the next time I'm out dressed."

From a practical standpoint, I don't like buying any clothes without trying them on, and it's generally frowned upon to use the women's fitting rooms while dressed as a guy....so trying something on requires the inconvenience of finding a male fitting room, which in a large department store, might be clear on the other side of the store on a different floor. Too much hassle.

Much easier and more fun to just shop en femme.

I have never had a problem doing my own shopping and love to wander the womens' dept on my own and buy for myself. My wife and I have an unwritten agreement that if we are shopping separately we will meet in the lingerie dept.

I have no issue shopping when not dressed. I shop often for dresses and have gone into Sephora and tried on makeup. Even in male mode my female side is always lurking just below the surface

I'm an open shopper.

My confidence took a battering some time back, and openly shopping has been such a big part of me regaining the confidence of who I am. Not a planned thing, it's just me being me!

I personally wouldn't recommend shopping openly if anyone was not out though!
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Count me in the shop anywhere for anything in drab. Like many others here; for me its just shopping. I have not tried on make up in any store.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Banned Read only
    Sammi,
    I guess it comes to the point where we relate to Eddie Izzard's saying of not being female clothes/items but they're mine I'm shopping for my needs like any GG would .

I have to admit I do enjoy it even when I shopped in drab , now it feels quite normal to check out racks of clothes and shoes. OK funny moments can and do happen , as I related a story in the shopping section , I was in my slip when a young woman pulled the curtain back in the changing cubicle !

Banned Read only
    One thing that I have discovered over the years is...

The only people that really care about a person presenting as male shopping for female clothing is us.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    It took me a long time to go shopping for myself, but once I had I wondered why I had never done it before. As has been said, the shops just want your money and the vast majority of SAs will be professional and courteous.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Aspiring Member
    I used to shop in drab all the time. But now that I've overcome my fear of going out, I try to only shop when dressed. I've even done errands not related to my CDing while dressed.

I don't say I'll never shop in drab again; something might just catch my eye, or I may not be able to dress on a day I want to shop, but if I can avoid it and shop dressed instead, I will.

I have no issue with shopping in any mode. I truly believe in what someone thinks (on this matter) is none of my business.
    I respect the dressing rooms for how I'm dressed. If I want to try on a dress and I'm in male mode I go to the men's dressing room. I know...easy to say... not as easy to do. Ok...so I may check out the procedure or how busy it is before carrying an armload of fem things into the mens dressing room but once I make up my mind I'm doing it...then it doesn't matter....they can think what they want.