Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Living in a swimsuit

I have tried on one piece swimsuits at the thrift shop and most are too short in the torso for me. Lands End carries long torso suits, but I hesitate to spend that kind of money for something I would hardly be able to wear.

Last year I ran across a brand new bottom at Goodwill in black. High waisted with a bit of a scrunch Then just the other day while looking at GW for a sports bra, I spotted a blue tankini top made by Island Waves. It looked large enough to fit me, but the size tag had been cut out. Sure enough it fit and at $5, it was mine. So I now have a swimsuit that cost me $10 and I am contemplating just where I might get a chance to wear it out of the house. I love to slip it on and relish the possibilities.
    Last edited by Traci H; 07-08-2018 at 11:28 AM.

Yeah count me in on this one too.... I have maybe 2 or 3 one-piece suits, but the best I've been able to do is wear them in the shower... (basically gives you that showering off AFTER the beach feeling)... it would have to be a pretty empty beach or very private pool for me otherwise!

VS Fan, Same here. I o not have the kahonies to be seen in public in mine either.

Swimsuits are my absolute favorite items of women's wear. The first women's item that I ever bought myself was a black one piece. I have about 10 swimsuits now; and I have purged at least 15 more over the years. Oh, and I just ordered another one. They are what I wear around the house when I know my wife and kids won't be around, (which is rare); and they are what I wear in hotel rooms when I travel for work. My wife recently expressed concern that it might become an obsession. I guess you can make the argument that it already is.

I do wear one to hotel pools when I travel for work. I usually wait until 15 minutes before the pool closes. That way, there is less of a chance that someone might walk in on me. Once I was alone in a hotel pool. It was about 20 minutes after the pool officially closed. I was stepping out of the pool and the woman from the front desk showed up with a stack of clean towels. She walked in the door which was about 10 feet away from me. We both looked at each other kind of surprised. I asked, "Is the pool closed? Did you come to kick me out?" She just smiled and said, "No, you're fine, I won't tell on you." I went and sat in the jacuzzi while she straightened up around the pool area. Boy, what a rush.

I put bedrails on my truck today in a bikini top and cut off (just above the knee) sweats.

I'm ready to wear a swimsuit . It's only finding one that fits and makes me feel really feminine that is an obstacle.

I have one that I'd like to wear but it's strictly indoors. I sometimes think that it would be really cool if there was a place where there would be total acceptance and no questions asked. FAT CHANCE.

Lacy PJs

My favorite items too, mostly athletic styles, along with some other women's sportwear. Since CD beginning around 2000, only wear women's swimwear at any beach or pool. I have about 20-25 one-piece swimsuits and 10 two-piece ones (which I like to wear in spa or steam bath).
    Had more before a painful purge under mind control form ex gf, but slowly reconstructed a comfortable collection with these brands: several arena, speedo, decathlon/nabaiji/tribord; a few adidas, yingfa, turbo, maru, camaro aquaskin (with 1mm neoprene), tyr, pro-am.
    Ordered last year a thin straps one-piece from turboswimwear.co.uk , in high quality chlorine resistant fabric.
    Also considering a few ones from agonswim.com . They make quality suits in many styles and prints and fabrics to combine, so our CD sisters looking for one that fits and feels feminine may want to look at their catalog.

Q

I am a child of the water. I spent most of my teenage years as a member of a couple of club teams, swimming competititively around the Midwest and South. Though I sported a very skimpy Speedo back then (this is 68 to 74), I very much wanted to wear a team colored tank.
    Oh well, I can do it now! Here’s my favorite suit today.
    4F20807C-B28B-4A2C-8C5F-7C9F29757A41.jpg
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

It's been unusually hot here in the UK the past few weeks so I too decided a bikini would be good for the garden. As I have never worn one before I got a reasonably priced one from Amazon - and I have to say it's been great to work outside and get a tan.

As Sidney said above, the tan lines are going to take some explaining away! I had an ultrasound scan last week of my lower body and, even though it must have been pretty obvious the tan lines were from a bikini bottom and not men's swim trunks, the operator made no comment.
    Bikini.jpg
    Sasha

I LOVE swimsuits and swimdresses! I have so many that I have purchased on EBay....they take up one whole side of my closet. I was just going through some of them because I'm going out to a lake this afternoon and I can't decide which one to wear. I'm opting for the swimdress look since I'll be in public..I just feel more comfortable out and about if I have the skirted type instead of the tank style. I've discovered that people don't give you a second look if you just act like you belong there. Here is a pic of myself on a rainy day awhile back...I like the tank style around the house.IMG_9400.jpg

I've been living closeted and have overlooked swimwear. Just in the past few days, my Facebook feed has been filled with swimwear ads featuring swimdresses and tankinis. I am smitten with so many of them now!
    I really want to indulge then go kayaking in them on some of the more secluded lakes and streams nearby.

I really like Speedo-like, single color one piece suits. I luv the strong but semi-sheer thing.

I think that you didn't request to us post our pics, this a no pics section and once my post was erased for doing it on a thread that doesn't ask for it but I see some otber girls doi g so why not me?
    You look great on it and recommend you look for a nudist beach and just wear your bathsuit.
    I'm going bext week to tre beach andI pretend to wear a bikini. With a lot of naked guys and some girls too I don't think I'll have a problem...
    I have a one piece too...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

I just finished a dip in the lake wearing a two piece swimsuit. The water is just warm enough to walk right in yet still be refreshing.

Do most of you wear regular women's swimsuits or mastectomy swimsuits designed to hold breast forms?

I wear regular swimsuits, and have a few ones (both 1-piece and 2-piece) made with a sportsbra-like top: several panels and vertical seams to accomodate all kinds of curves, forgiving too flat ones. They seem able to keep breastforms while swimming without too much risk of slipping out.