Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would your wear a short skirt when...

Would your wear a short skirt when...

Would you wear a short skirt in public when your in the upper 70's ?

I am at home and love short skirts, have one in my avatar, I know quite a few wearing them but maybe more in show business.

Are you confortable wearing one out and about in a shopping mall or out on the town.

Everyone has their choice, and just love your comments.

Rayleen
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If you have the body and the legs for it why not?

Banned Read only
    I agree with Tracii but would add that if you HONESTLY think you look good in it then go for it.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Just got my first short skirt today, red plaid, enjoying wearing it in the Provence heat. Would I wear it in public? I think not.
    I used to have a short attention spa

My wife had told me that I better wear some of my skirts now before I get too old to wear them. I figure that if my legs look ok and I don't look desperate then why not continue wearing them?
    Last edited by Elizabeth G; 07-02-2018 at 12:48 PM.

I have no butt so I don't usually wear tight skirts. But like the dress I have on in my pics it was above the knee by a couple inches and I thought it looked fantastic!

Do what you want.... what other think is none of our business. ( Not to say go into a redneck bar dressed... just be safe )

I don't have the body or legs! Limit skirts and dresses to the knees and not above! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I only wear a short skirt to parties, or around the house.

I love skater skirts, but a short skirt does attract unwanted attention.

Do I dress age appropriate, er, I dunno. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Well i'm 64 and I can still pull it off. My view, as with other clothing, is your comfort level.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I don't shop dressed and prefer not to visit vanilla venues dressed.

But, I'm 75 and if GG's wore short skirts or shorts to those venues if I went there dressed I would, too!
    P1020047 (500x640).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    Hi Rayleen , I am also 75 and I love my short skirts. >Orchid ..ll..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    If you have the body and the legs for it why not?
    I'm supposing you're asking about the length of a dress too! I don't wear skirts. It's always dresses. All of my dress hit maybe three inches above the knee and go south from there. I don't know what is considered "short." My personal feeling is if you do have the body and legs for a short dress then go for it. But, I'll throw in the proviso that there may be some disappointed head turners who see you. I've seen some short dresses on some rather attractive female forms, but, then she will turn around. I'm expecting to see a woman of a considerable younger age. I think to pull it off if you're in your late 70's you'll need to have been blessed with great genes or a good plastic surgeon. But, some people throw all conventions out the window.

PS: Looking at Sherry's dress I don't call that length "short." Define short.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    I’ll be 57 this year, and wore this to the mall last week. Was a hot day, so I figured it would make fashion sense & not look out of place. All went well.
    <<<<<<
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    If you've got the figure for it sure, why not, though there is short and too short! I have some above the knee length skirts I'd wear out, and a denim skirt I definitely wouldn't.
    Last edited by DIANEF; 07-02-2018 at 07:07 PM.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

At 72 it's knee length for me or slightly longer.

Karen Sue

I think that if it makes a person feel good about themselves, their identity as a TG/CD, then she should wear what she pleases. I think that with short skirts or dresses and a septuagenarian body the only real issues are whether a person feels she has the physique and legs to look attractive, and whether she cares about what is or isn't currently fashionable. Personally, I'm 63 y.o., am 5 foot 11 tall, weigh 152-154 pounds, have a terminal case of the dreaded NoAssAtAll Disease, and have a gym rat's musculature with veins and tendons popping out at all of the usual places where masculine veins and tendons pop-out. So, I never wear tight-fitting skirts (or spandex jeans or shorts or tights for that matter), and am limited to A-Line look because of the limitations of my figure. And, I have a lot of bruises, gouges, scars, and scratches on my legs, some permanent and some temporary, at most times, so I feel limited by the current fashion prohibition on wearing panty-hose. So, I tend to follow the advice that above Forty means that skirt length should be just at the top of the knee at the shortest. However, that is the fears and strictures of my mind working, and I think that if an individual feels good enough about her appearance that she can pull it off she should wear what she darn well pleases! The psychological and emotional reasons why Crossdressers and Transgenders wear women's clothes are convoluted and complicated at best, and we should all wear the clothes which help us resolve those needs Edit: For people who want to emulate what clothes are worn by mature genetic women, I'd suggest that you Google or Bing and find recent casual photos of Jane Fond (80), Candice Bergen (72), Lily Tomlin (78), and Diane Keaton (72), as starters. I figure that these women all have the money and experience to dress most fashionably for their age, as well as the personal trainers, makeup artists, cosmetic surgeons, and clothing designers to make it work.
    Last edited by StarrOfDelite; 07-02-2018 at 01:21 PM.

I am one who actually enjoys seeing a senior Gg showing off nice legs, even if she is not very attractive in other ways. I would not go out very much in a really short dress or skirt now, because, at six foot six, 64 yo, despite having nice long legs, i still am read, easily, and i do not want to get a group of guys liking the legs, only to be angered, that i am a guy in drag. Could get ugly.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 07-02-2018 at 01:23 PM.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Dress like you are going out to play some tennis or a round of golf. Then you might get away with one of those cute little skirts or skorts.

hello Rayleen,
    I do not dress in public so it s not an issue. At home my skirts are shorter than is appropriate for my age.
    luv J

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Im in my 50s now but the weather in the UK has been glorious.Going away on Thursday so first think packed was my short denim skirt,got to take advantage to show legs off when it comes,and on a hot day a short skirt is perfect
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I do, often. See my avatar pic.

My wife is 70, as am I. None of our gg friends wear short skirts and most virtually never wear skirts at all. I try to emulate my wife and our age group. Then again, none of these gg friends or my wife ever wear makeup, either, except for special occasions. So I emulate that, too. But, since all my travels en femme are special occasions, the makeup is obviously required!!

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I only wear knee-length or higher skirts and dresses when I get dolled up and go out.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Aspiring Member
    I am in my mid 60s. I have wonderful legs and get lots of positive comments on them, I regularly wear 21" skirts but no shorter.

Banned Read only
    Rayleen,
    I'm ten years younger but at the moment I'm happy wearing the right skirt when out and about . I admit GGs are wearing them less and less .

I went to donate blood dressed , there were about twenty people in the waiting area , and about 50-50 male to female mix , I had to smile because I was the only one wearing a skirt , I felt fine about the situation , the screening nurse told me I was doing OK. Annoyingly I failed the screening test by three points , I'll try again in three months .