Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would your wear a short skirt when...

This time of year here in the Texas Panhandle I see nothing but shorts .
    So I would think a short skirt should fit right in .Not showing any more skin and very ladylike
    Just my opinion

Jean Ann

Quote Originally Posted by Rayleen View Post
    Roxanne, we all have mid section , must try to get a clincher to solve this problem
    Oh Rayleen, you are so right! I am looking right now! Any ideas?

Roxanne

will check Amazon for a waist cincher ,

Rayleen.
    Last edited by Rayleen; 08-09-2018 at 06:44 PM.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

To me it is much harder to do a short skirt in more " dressy"
    situations . Casual is fairly easy , a short skirt will work in the same situations you would wear shorts
    If you have the legs go got it

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    It sort of depends on your definition of "Short". I wore a dress with a fairly short skirt out the other day and have some skorts that are mid-thigh that may get some wear this summer. But most of the time I dress for my age, body type and the venue I'll be in. There are times when something shorter will attract less attention than an ankle-length maxi skirt.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Thanks, Rayleen.

I’m 62, but I have great legs. I’m going to show them. Short skirts and shorts.

Busting the 72 and only have around 40 skirts, most at the knee or shorter. A couple too short for a 20 year old. I do wear barely there stay up's. Would have a tough time going out bare leg. I think most women would look better with stockings to cover up a few of those nicks and scratches. Sometimes it is too warm, so than I'll stay in or wait till it cools. Oh to be young!!

For me in public the short answer is no. To a TG venue yes.

It seems everyday that there's a thread about passing that veers towards the blending debate. For me that issue is the decider. Whether or not I had the legs and figure wearing a short skirt, and I define short as being half way up the thigh or above, is going to destroy any chances of blending in the muggle world. TG friendly venues are a different matter but even then it would need to be party time.

One other indicater is while there are many older GG's who have great figures, dressing in short skirts is not something they do unless say involved in a sport. So I say observe and emulate. Learn from the masters (mistresses).

By short skirt, I would not wear mini except in my home. I would wear about 3 to 4 inches above the knee....depending where I was going .

Really loved all your point of view.

Rayleen.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

I guess that I'm in no circumstances for it.

I am 76, thus qialify for the upper 70's. Yes I will and do wear a short skirt if my total outfit is not over the top and based upon where I am going. I have good legs, so I feel it is OK

Absolutely! If I looked like Helen Mirren or Raquel Welch

Sure I would certainly to a club or an evening outing. I do have several that I can wear out about any where because of the style. I'll wear a denim skirt not to short just above the knee to the mall or movie really about anywhere.
    It all depends on the occasion and how it looks I do try not to draw attention
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Sure if I had the legs for it, but I do not thoink I have so choose, for most of the time a knee length skirt, however as my avatar shows I do have a short skoirt but that is just for round the house or having a coffe in the garden, i do not think i could get away with it anywhere else.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Out and about? Nope.
    My name is Carol.

Rayleen, I stick with knee length skirts and dresses most of the time, but I've worn skirts a couple of inches above the knees on occasion and have never had a bad reaction. I'm late 70's in age.

I don't really wear short skirts now. If and when I wear skirts it is usually pencil and at the knee or just slightly above it so probably not.

Honey, most of my hems fall just below the knee. But, with a good foundation garment, I would try a short skirt! I just bought a little black dress that falls above the knee. It is so cute! I feel ever so nice in it! I hope I get a chance to wear it with a "friend". Oh!
    Does anyone have any suggestions for a good foundation garment I could wear?
    Roxanne Lanyon
    IMGP0004.jpg
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

At 71 and on holiday I was walking towards some ladies and was wearing an old pair of my wife's very short denim shorts, but otherwise dressed male. I received a comment about "sexy legs going on there". Made me feel good to be honest, but I've always been told my legs are good. I only get the opportunity to dress on NYE or the like, but I always prefer wearing mini skirts.

Well I probably would not wear one out shopping or when I was trying to blend or pass. You just don't see a lot outthere in a routine setting like a mall or shopping area. Now if I was going somewhere that was a little fancier and more attuned to stylish dressing Yes I would
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Yes as long as you can actually rock it, who cares?

My legs are probably my best feature, so why not show them off. Short skirts best for home use or TG events though. Don't want to look any more ridiculous than all ready I am.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Silver Member
    No, I haven't seen a woman or anyone past 40 or so that should wear a short skirt. Just my personal opinion.

I'm 73 and have been told that I have really good looking legs. I love to wear thigh high nylons and a garter belt, so I have to be careful to wear skirts long enough to provide coverage when in nylons. That said, I love to wear short skirts and do so very frequently when home.

I once drove to a distant city to shop as Donna, was wearing a skater skirt and no nylons, and had to stop for gas along the way. I was wearing this short skirt, sweater top and wedge heels, while I was pumping the gas (in rural Georgia), a couple of rednecks pulled in behind me and as they got out of their car, they began to admire my legs! It really felt good and the comments they were making sounded like a was being accepted as a woman and I really enjoyed the attention! (In retorspect, I considered the safety of the situation, but really enjoyed being viewed as a hot woman - at least for a few minutes!)