Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Would your wear a short skirt when...

I'm a relative youngster at 65, but I'd say if the venue is appropriate, go for it. In my eyes, the grocery store or the mall are not appropriate places. The seashore is. Picnics with friends are. I guess, I'm thinking casual, social settings with age peers. 25-year-olds do not want to see a 65-year-old in a miniskirt, but 65-year-olds do.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Currently I am apprehensive about a short skirt, depends on how short. I suspect I will be more apprehensive by the time I turn 75.

I'd say wearing a short skirt while out and about, at any age, depends more on what you look like from the waist up, than what you look like from the waist down. Great legs will not camouflage a 70 year old face. Around the house wear what you like.

Thanks, love all your point of views . As I read, its very individual in skirts length. I myself like it above the knee.

As some said, it depends when and where to wear a short skirt. Also other countries have different style .

I seen some 80 yrs ladies mingle with younger generation and wear short skirts on tv interviews .

I say as tracii said, if you got the body and the legs, why not.

Rayleen
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Banned Read only
    Rayleen,
    That's the art of dressing knowing what is appropriate , Pat says maybe a skirt isn't right for the mall but I find it far easier to wear a skirt and blouse if I'm going to try clothes on , most of mine are on the knee or a little higher , people keep telling me I have good legs so I don't have a problem , I admit I never thought I would go out without stockings on but most GGs if they wear a skirt or dress don't wear hosiery in the summer .

I think age comes into the equation quite a bit here what looks right on a younger person sometimes does not look right on an older person. I prefer skirts that are just below the knee because I do not think my looks would look good in a shorter skirt, but on the other hand it is down to the individual, if you are happy and content with how you look and you have the legs to go with it then sure a skirt above the knee with nice legs is a sight to behold at any time, so in retrospect as they say " If you've got it flaunt it"
    Although my avatar shows me in a short skirt that's just for around the house or in my secluded garden I do not think I have the looks to wear a short skirt in town or somewhere like that.
    Last edited by Bobbi46; 07-02-2018 at 05:21 PM. Reason: addition needed
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Teresa, I'm with you on that : The art of dressing knowing what is appropriate".

In summer months, a Skirt and Blouse looks great and love to wear it.

Rayleen.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Pat says maybe a skirt isn't right for the mall...
    Pat says a short skirt is not appropriate at the mall (for me at 65.) I suppose everyone's short is different. To me, short is mid-thigh or above. (Yeah, my fashion sense got locked in 1968.) To me, just above the knee is "long" and anything between the knee and the ankle is a non-starter. When you get to the ankle, it becomes a "maxi" and I love those.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayleen View Post
    Would you wear a short skirt in public when your in the upper 70's ?

I am at home and love short skirts, have one in my avatar, I know quite a few wearing them but maybe more in show business.

>>SNIP<<
    Rayleen
    Well you definitely have the legs to pull it off.

Sadly though, there are many 'girls' who dress totally inappropriate to their age or physical features. I know it may sound mean, but even though they may be comfortable wearing short or revealing outfits, they are not really doing themselves any favours.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

After seeing all the 'people of Walmart' videos, it's probably okay to wear whatever you want, as long as you're not exposing any private parts. AFAIK, indecent exposure laws are still on the books in most places.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

It depends what I'm doing and the skirt. Going shopping for groceries it may be a jean skirt going to the park or beach a cotton skirt. Anything more than that one just above the knees.

BTW I'm 70.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

You are only as old as the woman you feel...if you think you look good who cares what anyone else thinks.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

The ladies 60-85 at my tennis club wear very short skirts for tennis and walk around like 'why not?". Some cranky people who are jealous might feel they have a right to say that your legs have to look like x to do that, but Pat is right, I'm sure- all of us over 65 crowd are quite happy to indulge each other's desire to wear short skirts!
    We are all beautiful...!

Quite likely! I am almost 61 now, and have legs that many cisgender women have complemented as looking much better than theirs! I certainly love short skirts now, and I routinely wear outfits in public that a 20 to 30 year old lady would find fashionable. Unless I get seriously ill, there is no reason to believe that by my upper 70’s, I shouldn’t still be able to pass for a woman in my 40’s, with great legs.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    I say wear what you like but if you are uncomfortable in the shortness of skirt and age of body then just wear it over leggings like you would a tunic top. That's what I do. My middle aged wife has what she calls normal dresses and she has short dresses that she wears over leggings, even in her mid fifties she wouldn't wear them over bare legs to any venue. When she was 20 years younger then nothing was too short. Leggings are the best invention for 200 years.

I'm 57 and prefer knee length dresses. I could wear shorter skirts, but prefer not to.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I always ask myself the question what would a GG 70 do, would she wear it?

Phili,

You may have a point about short skirt, some jealousy

Becky Blue,

Your right, your old as you feel, and who cares what other folk think

Rayleen

I have not yet. But thinking of a hemline above the knee would be fine. I wear shorts most of the time.
    Thanks
    Sharon

Yes, I have worn short skirts out. But then again I have the body for it. Or so my wife tells me. LOL.

Kelsey

I just wish I could shave my legs in general to wear skirts. I have strongly considered wearing them/dresses anyway.

I think if you got it and feel good in it, wear it!

i have long, short, mini and micro...i wear them all at the appropriate times....a micro to costco just doesn't fit in. and after all ladies that is what we are trying to do

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Off with friends for a few days away,and given the glorious weather forecast am packing a few skirts from short button thru denim skirt to maxi.Cant imagine it'll cause much of a stir,be many women,of different ages,with the same idea I imagine

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Roxanne, we all have mid section , must try to get a cincher to solve this problem
    Last edited by Rayleen; 08-09-2018 at 06:44 PM.

Rayleen