Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Would your wear a short skirt when...

I think that’s fantastic! Good for you!

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    If you got it flaunt it.
    I love showing off my 55 year old legs, I love mini skirts and dresses.

OK, girls, its time to confess! I love short skirts! But, in public, it is knee length or so. At 70, I am just not as attractive as I used to be. My heart is still there, but . . . .! Oh, to be a young lady again! I will just have to dream, I guess. But, well, you tell me!IMGP0004.jpg
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

Lifetime TGirl
    I have to blend in and cannot hide my age, and so wearing of short skirts has to be restricted to my office. When outside it has to be skinny jeans or knee length skirts or dresses now, sadly..

It must be that Atlantic Ocean sunshine, Majella!
    Roxanne Lanyon

I love short skirts and miniskirts almost seventy and my legs are the only part of me that still look 40. I run at least three. 5 K's a year so from work and running my legs stay in shape. Don't know about after I hit 70-80 though what will change, can't see my legs getting sexier and have heard it's all down hill after 70.

Girls, I recently became 70, and it is only downhill from here. Whee! I just ordered a pretty short-skirted dress (well, down to just above my knees) and it looks darling on me, at least through my 70 year old eyes (which can still wink!).
    Roxanne Lanyon

I have a number of mid-thigh skorts. I've worn all of them in public. I prefer short skorts over short skirts to avoid showing off my panties.

Oh, and I'm turning 70 later this year.

I'm 67 and do love wearing short skirts in public- being mindful to stay upright and avoid walking up stairs! It is the same problem that GGs have, and seriously, walking in a short skirt is just as much fun as it looks. So much fun I want to do it all the time- but I found that once I enjoyed it fully I realized that I was really having to focus too much on controlling the view. I then became more comfortably modest and found to my great surprise that just above the knee was still plenty sexy - and just fine for general public consumption.

I had to look at my intent- and realizing I was toying with people's sexual feelings isn't appropriate most of the time. Being a fleeting image passing by is one thing, or being a performance art piece, but hitting the sweet spot where a short dress just feels innocent is where I want to be!

I'll try to show it here- but it is in the demeanor, eyes, body language,etc. TInnocence.jpgthe idea is safe and modest- but it is difficult to show in pics!
    We are all beautiful...!

Short Skirts At My Age?

OK, girls, I confess, since becoming 70, I find I must become a bit more sedate in my clothes styles. Skits that are quite short just do not work for me anymore. I feel ever so much more comfortable in knee lengths, or even just slightly above the kne. I do want to be a respectable lady, right?
    Roxanne Lanyon

Since I live in a small conservative area, I don't go out in public dressed. I am in my 60's and actually don't have the legs for a short skirt, but I love wearing them. My skirts and dresses range from mini to maxi. I prefer my skirts/dresses to be at least above my knees, but will wear the longer ones at times. I realize that I probably don't dress age appropriate, but I wear what I enjoy wearing.

I wear short skirts at home for the time being, but I'm looking forward to showing the world.

I am almost 66 and I wear short skirts and dresses.

Silver Member
    Wear whatever you wish at home, even your all skin suit, if that's what you wish.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I've never really worn dresses or skirts much above my knee. So I doubt I would personally. Always preferred light and elegant to short and stunning, for some reason. But that's just me.

Ummm, how short is considered short?

I'm 65, but even in guy mode most people are surprised with my age. I probably can pass as 55, or maybe younger. With (maybe it's) Maybelline, I can probably pass for late 40s. Even so, I typically wear skirts and dresses a little above my knee. I also have a lot of dresses that I wear out that are mid thigh. However, above that is definitely in the "mini" range, and I just don't go there. However, the last time I was out, I wore a skort that would easily be classified and mini, maybe even micro mini. I disguised it by wearing floral leggings underneath it, but I wore a somewhat fancy tank top with a completely fishnet back.

I figure that if the sell leggings in XL and women were them out, my outfit was way less objectionable.

I just think, "deal with it!"
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Not as old as some on here (49) but like my legs & hope to keep showing them

Oh! I understand! That is the way I feel about it too. I love knee length, or even below that!

Roxanne Lanyon

"It is not the length you wear, but how you make it swish!"

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

You are nowhere near ridiculous, honey!
    Roxanne

Short short skirt? Depends if you have the look and legs for it. Everyone is different... I prefer top of knee length as I don't like to show too much.

I'm 64 and as my profile picture shows I still like wearing short skirts.

I will have to reserve my answer until I reach that age, still another 15 years to go, but if my legs are still half decent then yes in the right setting. Even now, in many settings I would settle for just above the knees.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

I'm 60, but I pretty much removed the really short dresses and skirts from my wardrobe about 50 years ago. Exceptions are a casual skirt with flip flops to run to the grocery store and the rare, rare, occasion when some irresistible force takes over. For me, heels take it a little too far. I can wear the same skirt with flats or flip flops and think nothing of it. With heels, though, that changes the whole thing. I wore a very short dress and heels about a week ago and just couldn't get beyond the hotel parking lot. It had been a long time since I'd been out in anything like that, and I just didn't have the nerve.

Beginning in about my early 50's I started making the really short/tight skirts and dresses with very high heels a once or twice a year thing. It was still fun to wear them, and I though I still looked good in them. The older I got, the worse I looked, and fun gave in to fear. Even at 60 and decades of going out, fear is still a thing sometimes.

I recently went to Karaoke with some CD friends with a shorter skirt and tights with boots. That combination seemed to tone down the sexy quotient to a level more compatible with my 70 year old presentation.

Sweetie if those are your legs in the profile pic, you definitely can wear whatever you want. You have great legs.

I don't think I could wear one in public I have only worn one at home once and I don't think my wife care for it much.