Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When someone you know is wearing an outfit you own.

When someone you know is wearing an outfit you own.

Went to get a haircut and the girl that cuts my hair had in a dress I recently bought. I so wanted to tell her I have the same dress.
    SM

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Loose lips sink ships just keep that in mind.
    If she knows you CD then maybe it would be ok.

There's a woman I work with who has one of the same pair of shoes that I do. As much as i might like to I certainly can't tell her. If it were someone that didn't know me personally though I'd probably talk about it.

I only saw one GG wearing the same Tank top that i had just bought and all I said was "Hey, My GF has that same top!" I would have loved to tell her I had it but that was out of the question.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I had a similar experience with a woman who sings in the same choir as I do. However, I too, did not say anything.
    Hugs, Carole

Banned Read only
    It really depends on if they know about me, or if I care that they know.

If they know or in the case of someone who is basically a stranger that I will probably never see again, I have no problem telling them we share the same taste in clothing.

If it is someone I am still in the closet to, then I don't say anything.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Most of my things r dated. Never worry about seeing a GG in them.

But, DID see one of my old outfits on a good T friend on FB the other day. Told her I want my dress back!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

One of my friend girl has a same top as I do, and she looks great in it too.

Its best to keep lips shut .

Rayleen.
    Last edited by Rayleen; 07-03-2018 at 05:26 PM.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    At a big company meeting I saw a woman wearing this shirt/dress. It's one of those crazy cheap direct from China deals and it was too small so she gave it to me, and thought its too small I wore it anyway. It was such a cool feeling, and of course I wanted to tell her I had the same dress and how much cuter it looked on her, but of course that would be nutty!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I had a lady at the park up the street where I walk in the evenings say hey I have the same jeans.
    Her dog was playing with a few other dogs and I was walking by when she said that.
    She started chatting saying how comfy the jeans were and I agreed. I was in 100% girl mode and I really don't know if she "read" me or not. If she did she was really very accepting.

At a singles dance many years ago, i noticed a guy's date, had the same dress i have! I would not say anything.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    When I worked in retail I served about 75 percent female customers. On more than one occasion I had to stop myself from commenting about having the same item of clothing as the customer. .
    Last edited by DIANEF; 07-04-2018 at 08:30 AM. Reason: typo
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Platinum Member
    Unknowingly I bought the same Croft Barrow dress my wife owns. She wears dresses so infrequently I did not remember it. Same size too.

Platinum Member
    Hi Shannon , I have seen women wearing the same shoes or tops that I have. >Orchid ..OO..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Not a good idea to tell her.
    Just say "Nice dress".

Iv'e seen a woman a time or two wearing something i own, but never someone i knew. But the wife and I, held a clothing sale at the local senior center, more than half of it was from my collection. My stuff sold faster than my wives and there where battles to get to things first. while I didn't tell anyone it was my stuff they where buying, it felt good that they loved my style.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Aspiring Member
    I met my ex and she was wearing the same dress I have. It was from a boutique so chances must have been low - we clearly have similar taste. No, I didn't tell her.

Aspiring Member
    This happens to me often. I probably bias things this way because I observe carefully what women wear in the places that I go. Then I try to copy the looks and items that I like. Apparently, what goes around comes around. It isn't long before I see similar items on other women.

I don't mind if a gg has on an item I also have, unless she looks better in it than I do. We may have a cat fight if she does.

Explorer
    I would say be flattered...

a local boutique recently opened close to me.

Because of the size of the area it's inevitable I'll see someone wearing the same thing I have...

I love it. It's also the first store I actually tried things on in the dressing room .. (as a boy)

Sometime back with my first wife (knew but was embarrassed by me) I had proclaimed I needed to buy a particular dress I had found for my Easter dress as I had never gotten one while growing up. I did buy it without trying it on but all was well as it fit good. Then once out to lunch with her we noticed a woman who also had the dress. I made mention of it and she just nodded knowing what I was talking about. I got a good smile anyways!

I joined a new yoga studio closer to my work location. I've already been to three classes. The first time I went, I wore my most remure (women's) leggings and a women's racerback top. The yoga studio was really hot inside, which shouldn't be unexpected for outside temperatures approaching 100F. I decided to wear knee-length men's shorts (my only women's shorts are pink short-shorts), but I just couldn't go all male. I wore my women's tank tops.

Last night, I wore a color-blocked pink and purple tank top from Kohl's. There was a woman there wearing the same top, but in the blue and turquoise color combo (which I also have). I mentioned that it looked like we shopped at the same store. She didn't really look happy about it, and she avoided me the rest of class. Maybe I should have just kept my mouth shut.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Banned Read only
    Shannon,
    I guess clothes are bound to match up sometimes , when you consider the quantitites sold .

I did have an amusing experience when I dropped in to see a property letting agent , I hadn't met the lady in the office before but walked in dressed , as we started to go through the paperwork I slipped my glasses on , when I looked up she was smiling at me and I realised we were wearing the same style !

A few years ago just after I had joined the forum and had purchased one of my first pair of heels, I was at church and a woman I knew was wearing the same pair of heels!

She was walking effortlessly in those shoes and while standing next to her I was thinking, “I have those same shoes!l

Being rather new to dressing and still clouded in the pink fog I almost let it out that I have those same shoes but instead I said, “Wow, I....

I... don’t know how you can walk in those really high heels.”
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

This actually happens to me a lot with jeans. Most companies have a trademark back pocket design, but it seems like very few people take notice of it. I personally have never been called out on it before in public while wearing the jeans, but I am generally wearing some type of cardigan anyway that would cover it up.