Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When someone you know is wearing an outfit you own.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Its more common with jeans but I would never start the conversation over them wearing the same item.
    Some women might not like you comparing yourself to them. I'm not saying that would be your intent it just could be taken that way is what I mean.

My situation is different.

I had a girl say to me, "You are wearing my jeans, where did you get them?"

To which I replied,"No you're wearing mine."

I had bought mine at Ross down by Fisherman's Wharf and she had also bought hers there.

Probably from the same batch.

I was in drab and said they just seemed to fit well.

An amazing encounter.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    I when I was browsing facebook, I came across a photo of a friend who had the same dress as me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

She wasn't wearing an outfit I own - yet... I was at my local Dressbarn a few days ago, and when I went to checkout, the lady in front of me was buying the same dress as I was. I hadn't seen her until then, but she noticed and had a little smile on her face, so did the SA.

Silver Member
    Along the lines of Steffi,
    I have had it happen several times in Barre classes where I have on the same top or leggings as a classmate. In fact the first time I summoned up the courage to wear my olive Old navy legggings, I arrived early as I usually do and took my spot on the barre. As it approached the start of class, a woman enters and takes the position to my immediate right and she is wearing the same exact leggings. No comments were made by either of us but I would be surprised if she didn't notice that we were wearing the same leggings. Same thing with tops has since happened but not quite matching style and color.

Went to wedding a few years ago and a lady my SO and I knew had on a dress which I also had. This lady is almost the same size, so I asked my SO if I looked about the same, you guessed it, gave the dress to Salvation Army. It was brown anyway.

Banned Read only
    Shannon ,
    I 've just recalled an incident in a Maatalan store , I wanted I lightweight jackey and found one that fitted the bill, I asked a lady shopper if the fit was right or shoiuld I go for a larger size ? She said the jackey was lovely the size 12 fitted great , then she added that she was buying so new things for a cruise and thought the jacket would fill a gap for her .

Silver Member
    Over the years I've had some interesting situations. I had a girl many years ago tell me that she owned the same pants I was wearing and asked where I had bought mine. At a party one night I was wearing a women's black silk shirt. A woman at the party had on the exact same shirt on. She came over and laughed about it. We knew each other and she slid her hand behind me to confirm I was wearing a bra.

At an event I had a really cute woman walk up and announce that we had on exactly the same clothes. She grabbed me and hugged me. Turned out she was talking about the jeans and top. While she probably felt my bra she didn't try and compare them. I did feel hers and we both adjusted to keep the girls from squishing. We also had on the same women's shoes. We were with several other people and she and her boyfriend joined our group.

I have no problem commenting and saying I love your shoes!!!