Thread: I'm an instagram makeup girl now?

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar

I'm an instagram makeup girl now?

Well things got weirder yesterday. MY wife has occasionally taken to playfully calling me Fancy Nancy whenever I'm doing something girly or whatever. Wife and I went out to eat and on the way I notice she can't stop scrolling her phone through instagram. Over the last few months she's become heavily into the photo sharing app, and become a minor player in what I've taken to call the "Instagram Makeup Girl Cartel" It's actually been alot of fun for us both because I help with her photos. She's won several giveaways, and even been sent some stuff to review.

So I say, "I'm going to make an instagram makeup account so we can communicate again." She rolls her eyes. "I'm going to work against you, get more followers then you and start winning giveaways before you can." I threaten and we laugh.

"Actually you should make an account for Fancy Nancy and work with me, you could help me," she says seriously.

"You want me to make an account for Fancy Nancy?" I ask.

"Yeah, if you want to, but you are required to like my photos and help me win giveaways." she says.

"OK, sure," I say.

So I made an account, found her and started following along with several of the girls she follows and liked all her photos. I used one of my recent photos for the avatar which was a big risk. She's never seen any of them. So later I say, "Hey you've got a new instagram follower."

She found me in a few minutes and said, "Oh my god, you really did it, where did you find that picture." I just smiled and she looked up at me, "That's not you. did you just steal someone's picture." I couldn't help but laugh. She looked back at me and back at her phone, then back at me again, "Oh my God, that is you."

I thought she was going to be upset, but instead she liked the couple of photos I posted and started suggesting people to follow. I'm so lucky to have such a woman!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Aspiring Member
    Urrrrgh, I'm sooooo jealous right now! Promise I will follow you both if I ever get a Tammy account......... Although no chance of that anytime soon lol. Cool story.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I think thats a great idea.
    Might as well have fun with it.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    That is very cool Sarah!
    Very cute pic too!
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

That is such a good story. I think your wife's double takes are priceless!

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Good show, Nancy. Interesting and fun story.
    You do know, however... that once something like your digital image enters the internet it is pretty much there forever.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Nice Story Sarah, you are one lucky girl
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Liked the story. I do not even have an Instagram account.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Sarah, Nice picture. A little competition on instagram sounds fun.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

What a way to break the ice.

A successful way to go in my opinion.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

So a little update, it's only been a week but things seem to be moving fast. Nancy Noggins, yeah goofy name I know, has been on Instagram for about a week but it has made some profound changes in my thinking. So the biggest change is that I'm always on the lookout for something to post. I see something and think, would that get me likes and followers LOL.

A few days ago I got dressed but didn't do makeup, I took a few pictures of my dress hanging by a flower in a cute spot by our shed. I also took a few pics of me in the dress but below the neck. My wife was slightly aggrivated but not about the pictures of me but because she now won't be able to use the shed in her pictures. She likes my pics and several people follow both of us, she's worried they'll figure it out. I'm not worried.

Yesterday I got up extra early, shaved, did my makeup and got dressed in this super cute white dress that I bought with my wife last week at Ross. I took lots of pictures and then decided to just post one with my face, also wearing her big floppy beach hat. I would bet money that unless someone told no one would recognize me and a white curtain is the only background.

I posted the photo at 7AM and then transformed back into male mode. My wife got up around 8. I knew one of the first things she would do is check instagram and I was really worried she would get upset. I was going on a run anyway so I kissed her goodbye and ran out the door. 3 miles later I check my phone and see she's liked my photo, along with several other people, about half guys, half girls. Oh dear. We went out to take some donations to a pet shelter, go to lunch and then hit up a couple shops. On the way I mentioned instagram and she said, "I can't believe you posted that, that's your face, aren't you afraid someone will notice."

"No I don't think anyone would notice," I said.

"Well I did," she replied.

"Yeah but you know its me already."

Then we got to the real crux of the matter, "That was my hat, now I can't use that hat in any of my pictures, or that curtain in the front room," she said.

"It's a generic beach hat, there are millions of them, and its a plain white curtain, relax, no one will know," I said with a laugh. She sighs and agreed, but warned me to not use her things in my photos and I apologized. After a few minutes of silence I said, "But did you like the picture?"

"In what way?" she asked.

"Like is it good, does it look... pretty?" I ask.

"Oh geeze... yes its a very good photograph," she mumbles.

We spent the next half hour at TJ Maxx and she tried to get me to buy something to photograph for instagram, but I couldn't find anything, or at least everything I did find she vetoed because she already had it or something like it. We ended up getting a jar 24K Gold mask and doing masks last night.

We also hit up the Shoe Carnival, and she was actually encouraging me to get some women's sandals, though I think was primarily because of the BOGO sale and she wanted a half price pair. I almost bought some crazy cute pink sandals that were knock off Birkenstocks, but they didn't have size 12. There were several size 12 sandal that I could have picked but I chickened out I guess and I wanted the pink ones.

8680186.jpg
    Last edited by sarah_hillcrest; 07-11-2018 at 07:44 AM.

Sounds like you and your wife are doing fine. It's a little amusing that she's the one who's afraid of being outed. In terms of the Birks, keep in mind that with an open sandal like that you can often go down a size. (Sometimes you have to -- your normal size will be too big. Or at least that's been my experience.)
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

In my shoe area there are 3 different sizes. some days I can wear the 10.5 and then other days they just don't fit. It is all depending on how much water is in my feet. Then there is the problem of brands.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

OK one small update, I think my wife has opened up a rift in reality, or bent the rules of probability. Last night she won a huge makeup giveway on instagram and today she won another one. In the last 4 months she has now won 11 giveaways which she estimates have brought her in 700 dollars worth of beauty products. These are all by influencer instagrammers not companies. She says for the bigger ones she's won there were thousands of people entered. Generally to get in the giveaway you have to like their post, and tag three friends in the giveaway. I think these things are rigged, there is no way she has luck this good, she works really hard on instagram and she does enter alot of contests.

This sounds totally amazing and I am really interested in this Sarah. May want to do this myself. More updates are welcome!
    I have been circling for a thousand years,
    and I still don?t know if I am a falcon, or a storm,
    or a great song.

Rainer Maria Rilke
    https://www.flickr.com/people/170325405@N05/