Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How would you feel if you .....

How would you feel if you .....

How would you feel and what would you do if you woke up in the opposite sex ?

I have been asking the question myself, and wondering how it would be mentally and how to cope living the rest of my life as female. Some of us would adapt but there would be a lot of adjustements.

As a born female, there's a lifetime of learning details which make the female person.

Younger would adapt easier , but older wouldn't maybe.

Rayleen
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Hi Rayleen,
    I think I know the answer to that now. I just ignored my stereotypical male body and let myself feel perfectly feminine. It was not forced, it was more like letting it overtake me. Two things happened- first, I felt all the hassles females encounter in the world, and the desire to not be trapped in female role expectations. I'd be arguing for women's liberation! Second, I felt like myself at last. Deep peace and a much more fun sense of enjoyment of things, from clothes to conversation to seeing colors!
    We are all beautiful...!

Quote Originally Posted by Rayleen View Post
    Younger would adapt easier , but older wouldn't maybe.

Rayleen
    So experience counts for nothing?

I think there are too many variables involved to anticipate adaptability based on a single trait.

How one would feel depends on how bad one wants to be a biological woman. I’m quite happy being a CDer. A trans person may feel differently.

Xox,

Tina V.

Quote Originally Posted by Username View Post
    So experience counts for nothing?

I think there are too many variables involved to anticipate adaptability based on a single trait.

How one would feel depends on how bad one wants to be a biological woman. I’m quite happy being a CDer. A trans person may feel differently.

Xox,

Tina V.
    Tina, younger would adapt easier because of constraint in physical aspect in older.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

To wake up one morning as a biological male but now thinking I am the opposite sex, or identifying as gender female, would certainly be a new experience. In the short term, I would do my best to continue my life with some normality.

There are some out there, even on this site, who think that way, and they have adjusted well. So, I don't see why mine would be any different.

If opposite sex was to be biological and not gender based, then please ignore the above.

How would you feel and what would you do if you woke up in the opposite sex ?
    Like a Butterfly emerging from a Chrysalis.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I would literally "check" everything out. Then wait for my wife freak out like no other, LOL!
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Presumably, the memory of being male yesterday would also be present. The first feeling would be confusion and bewilderment. Pleasure? Probably not. Grateful of having at least some experience in being "female" in terms of gender. Then I would have to show myself to my wife who would say, "Ah oh! You have a lot to learn and at 73 not a lot of time to learn it." Basically, it might be a good experience in general but terrifying with respect to the specifics. My wife might then add, "I guess I better pack my bags because I am not a lesbian. Good luck."

Makes me wonder what creatures that are capable of changing their sex do when that happens. Do they have a built in knowledge of how to reproduce whichever way they are? Does their overall behavior shift. Of course, these creatures are of the more simple varieties that are aware but, unlike us, they are not aware that they are aware, that is, conscious. Not being aware would help in this situation, but for us that consciousness might have something to do with why we primates have never evolved the ability to change sex in the middle of the night while still asleep.

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    This sounds like a dream come true until I considered the ramifications. Waking up with a different body?

I don't think my wife would be interested in being a lesbian, but who knows.
    Would I try to dress in male drag to go to work?
    Could DNA prove that I was still the same person? Could I keep my old identity? Who would I be legally?
    Would I be carted off to some science lab? No got to keep it secret!

Obviously as a CD I would at least be comfortable with putting on a bra and woman's clothes but...
    Could I handle the upkeep, like the hair alone....

In my mind a more interesting question is a magic potion to permanently become a female overnight, would you take it? No changing back.

My own belief is that if I was really under the influence of the PINK FOG, I would. It seems to override my logical decision making skills. LOL

the real point of a question like this I think is to consider transition and it's affect on one's life.

Wow, I used to dream of this happening through most of my pre teen and teenage years. Ok, I’ve had a his dream most of my life now that I think about it. Still hasn’t happened. I would adapt rather quickly. Bring it on! -Meg

Elation would be my first response.
    Then curiosity of course would kick in followed by exploration.
    Then concern as I know what it would do to my spouse.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I don't think I'd handle it well. I very much enjoy the femminine aspects of being dressed. I admire femminine qualities that I see in women I encounter everyday. However, I find that my CD desires are a part of my male being as opposed to a female part of me wanting to be set free.

Silver Member
    Well, I think that it is really hard to predict. First of all, I find that people's reactions to real life situations are often different than what they say they would be. People more often than not fall into a pragmatic and ultimately safe position. This means not freaking out. Secondly, I believe that, contrary to all the hype we get about men and women's emotional and expression gender differences, we are far more similar than not. I believe that movies and shows where this happens like to highlight the differences for dramatic and comedic effect. If this were to really happen, I think that most men and women have enough of an understanding of the social cues and expectations in their respective cultures to survive.

Even if this were a shock, the fact that I am a CD, and I believe somewhere on the TG scale, I believe that I would just function. I would try to figure out why and how it happened. I would come to grips with my wife, and see how that relationship would move forward. I am not sure that I would try to reverse anything. I think I would just do what anyone should do. Learn to live a happy life.

Quote Originally Posted by sarah_hillcrest View Post
    Could DNA prove that I was still the same person?
    Not without your Y chromosome. Women are XX, men are XY.

Xox,

Tina.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I would think its a common feeling or thought for a CD or trans person to have.
    I know I wondered that years ago even had a dream about it. Don't remember how I reacted tho'.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Hyperthetical question. Simply wonderful is the answer.

It would be wonderful.

I'd quickly make my way to town for a day of clothes shopping

Aspiring Member
    I have a little twist on your question, and wonder how my life would be different if I was born a child today.
    As a young boy I was always getting into my mom's closet. I preferred to play with girls, and had little interest in sports. I envied how girls got all the pretty things, and thought my mother would love me more if I was born a girl. However, the idea of being transwoman wasn't an option in my youth.

Over the years I got over my gender dysphoria. Today, I can say I am happier being a CDer than any other possibility. Nonetheless, with today's tolerances I could have easily been directed toward being a transwoman. I don't think that would have been the right path.

Thank you all for your point of views .

It would be living a dream for most

Nothing wrong in dreaming a little.

Rayleen

Rayleen

Here is my thoughts...If it was so magical as to happen I would assume the magical history would also be true as well. So...I would check out my closet for attire and go to work like normal but in more fem attire. If all I had was my current wardrobe I expect I would have memory of my recent dealings with others in my job and wear what I had been wearing but go shopping after work for the fem wear. Until I figured out how everyone else viewed me prior to this morning I think that's the best approach.

If this was the only thing that changed then I would wear the same as before and test the waters, so to speak, then act accordingly. My wife has already told me she would support me if I wanted to be trans but she wouldn't be staying.

I think I'd be able to handle the change and continue on. Hopefully as part of the magic, people would just know me as a GG not as trans (less questions). On a day to day basis I do realize there would be a big change in preparation, but I think I would be happy.

Banned Read only
    Rayleen
    I know this question has been asked several times.
    To give an updated answer , because I'm dressing far more now to wake up in the opposite gender would hopefully mean all the baggage from my DADT years would be over .

I know this question suggests to wake up the gender we prefer doen't mean you're laying on a bed of roses , women don't have a cushy life , for some living alone is a much harder life . It also means you can't shop everyday and dress to the nines , not unless the gender change also came with a stash of money .

I think it would be wonderful !! My wife on the other hand would not hope she would but??
    Grandson that I watch hummm take some time but he would come around his parents I don't know how they would react.

well it hasn't happened yet so I keep on hoping
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Rayleen
    I know this question has been asked several times.
    To give an updated answer , because I'm dressing far more now to wake up in the opposite gender would hopefully mean all the baggage from my DADT years would be over .

I know this question suggests to wake up the gender we prefer doen't mean you're laying on a bed of roses , women don't have a cushy life , for some living alone is a much harder life . It also means you can't shop everyday and dress to the nines , not unless the gender change also came with a stash of money .
    Teresa, you are right about living alone, not by choice for myself, but can't shop as I please because of the lack of money.

Rayleen

Rayleen