Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clothing inventory

Clothing inventory

Well I finally finished a complete clothing inventory. blouses - 70; dresses 71 / gowns 3; lingerie - 266; shoes - 45; knee high black boots with side zipper black; skirt suits / skirt outfits - 54; skirts - 63; wigs - 20. Hosiery - I have no idea on numbers but it is extensive filling several dresser drawers consisting of tights, colored tights, fashion tights, patterned hosiery, pantyhose, stockings, thigh highs, knee high nylongs, a couple of rain coats, leather jacket, regular jacket. Last time I purged everything was somewhere between 2000 and early 2004. Have not purged since 2004. Have replaced items, donated some items would never wear again, etc.

Hi Heather--Why so many items? Do you wear it all? Multiple times? Do you need that many items or are you a "collector?" In know even a basic wardrobe for women requires a lot more things than are in my male wardrobe....
    Mary

Wow you have a loooot of things!
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

That is a lot of clothing but it bring one thought to my head. The countries we live in might not understand what we do & possibly discrimate, but we are lucky...

We are privileged enough to live in countries where we are able to focus on such things. There are a lot of countries out there where people are worried about surviving...

That is quite the haul you have, can you take a picture of your favorite outfit?

WOW!!!
    I know I have more dresses than my wife but ...wow! How great this must be for you! I think that there should (or would) be more companies like Blair, Woman Within etc if they had a clue how many CD's and potential customers they could target. I'm certain you aren't the only one with a large collection but ...did I say ...wow??

I'm guessing you are single and have all of the closet space to yourself?

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    The heck with numbers! ENJOY!
    I do!

Although, time to time, there are slight delays in the process

boob seen it where.jpg

Banned Read only
    Retail therapy? I don't get to be en femme as often as I need or want. What's a girl to do? Retail therapy. I am guilty as sin. Some of my wardrobe borders on collecting. I have a love for full slips. I have over 400. I have 161 dresses. I know I will not be able to wear them all with any frequency. I have to maintain a word document annotating the dress by label, style and color and also a picture from whatever website I purchased the dress from. I started a new quest last year and that is 'collecting' Vanity Fair panties in my favorite styles in the various colors as they come to market. Now a word document for those also.

Am I nuts? Certifiable.

Heather you have more than some shops I have been in... Really a lot of clothes, and I wouldn't know what to wear. I try to keep a couple bags and only because I might have to exit with everything in a hurry if my kids started prowling. Wife sad if something happened to me she didn't want to have to explain to my kids anything she simply could toss them.

I have a fraction of what you boast but it is still too much. Most women get by in their lives with a fraction of yours as well.

But I'll put this out there as a reason why you have accumulated so much. If you are not wearing the wardrobe daily when out in the real world, you are not wearing things out as any other woman would. You are also not as style-conscious and susceptible to the latest trends in your daily life.

So keep going on your current trajectory and you'll double your stash in about 14 years.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Platinum Member
    Hi Heather Anne , I don't have an item count on my three closets full ,
    But I have 160+ pars of shoes & boots.

My earring collection is close to 200 pairs now. >Orchid ..OO..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I gave up counting how much stuff I had a while back, suffice to say I have more than enough for my needs. I still buy, but much less than I used to.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You do have a lot of stuff thats for sure Heather.
    I have a lot of stuff but no where in your league LOL. I did clean out some drawers of camis ,panties etc a few weeks back that I can't wear so it went to Goodwill.
    Jeans are next to get sorted thru.

Aspiring Member
    Blue Orchid/Stephenie47 - I'm right up there with you. around 100 pairs of heels, and tons of dresses well over 100...but mine are all in space bags in the basement - I have enough items to rival a small clothing store - one of these days I will be able to display them. My love for LBD puts me in a pink fog all the time. Nearly all my clothes/heels are clearance buys - $50 heels for $5, dresses for $2.50 from the thrift store..

I have maybe 15 dresses and 10 skirts, 5 ruffled underskirts, and 10 full slips, 10 sexy lingerie outfits, 4 pair of stockings or tights- and 5 pairs of various heels or sandals. I already can't reasonably use them all.

I've come to think that a full closet means to me I am real and equipped for living life! I try now to refine it by sending some away for others to enjoy, and keep the best. And some I keep just so I can imagine that someday i'll wear it!

That qualifies me as a collector/dreamer/ordinary clothes lover/shopaholic all at once!
    We are all beautiful...!

That is quite an inventory. Where do you store it?

I built a closet and told myself that everything must fit in it. Two years later and ball gowns are in dress bags in the attic, lingerie is in a dresser in the bedroom and storage bins line the shelves in the basement. It might be time to downsize.

That's amazing how much stuff you have. It's the same for myself but for me it's so hard to throw something out, my wife is getting upset. I told her when I was younger I never believed I would have found a women accepting of this and now I don't want to take it for granted. Almost like my grandparents who would never throw out food because they starved in the war days. I wish I could throw some stuff out and make some closet room.

Heather,

I keep a spreadsheet, sad I know, that I use to match items together when going on a trip. I have in the order of 80 clothing items and 20's footwear items that I consider fit to wear out and about. There's a few more items that really need to go down to the charity shop as I can never see myself finding any reason to wear them.

I know I have enough so now I try to operate a one in, one out policy to keep numbers manageable.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I should have included my next remarks in my original posting. I have cut my spending way down. As far as street clothes are concerned I don't buy something just to have it. There has to be a really valid reason such as having to replace something. Example recently I wore a long sleeve blouse rich navy in color. When I got home I realized the sleeve was torn almost the entire length of the sleeve under my arm. Unfortunately could not be replaced no longer available. Another area is full slips. What I have is showing the wear and tear so have started looking for replacement full slips. Found some on Amazon and a couple of other websites. One area that is causing problems are nylon panties. Can't find what I have. Have tried other brands but the size I need does not fit properly in the groin area. I did find something in Walmart that works great but I only wear them when I go out en femme. They are called slipshorts - Life By Jockey. What panties I have I wear around the house. When in guy mode I wear nylon knee highs all the time. I don't care if anyone notices. Shoes are another problem finding what I like in my size. I started having the shoes repaired mainly the cap on the heels. Cheaper than buying new shoes. Have not bought wigs or purses in years. I really have enough variety to keep me going for a long time to come. Thanks for all the comments. By the way, I am single live alone and retired.

Silver Member
    I have also overwhelmed my closet space, but I try to rotate what I wear daily. For me and perhaps many other girls here, its a feminine male mind saying, " Oh, I just have to have it."

WE used to have a section on this web site where you could list and sell items. Too bad it is gone. you could list what you have, the sizes and price. Couls sella lot.

That is a lot of clothing. How often do you manage to wear those items? If you wore a different outfit every day it would still take a lot of time.
    I have a large number of full slips. I have always liked full slips in classic designs with lovely lace. I tend to wear a few often and ignore the rest except from time to time I look more closely at the collection and suddenly find an old favorite. It is as if I have just bought something new. A sense of discovery and excitement in anticipation of wearing it.
    You must have the same sensation over and over again with your vast wardrobe.

Aspiring Member
    I catalogue and photograph my outerwear. I have been collecting clothes for 40 years. Currently the totals are:

Dresses: 944
    Skirts: 998
    Blouses: 531
    jackets: 154
    Cardigans: 162
    Jerseys: 134
    Coats: 29

I don't catalogue footwear or underwear but probably about 300 pairs of shoes and boots, 120 bras, 300 panties.

In my defence I spend most of my time in these clothes. I have three large wardrobes, one of them walk-in and have the less favourite stuff in the loft. Then there is jewellery, wigs, handbags, scarves, gloves and nightdresses. And even a few hats.

Yeah, I know. Psychotic. I also buy lots and lots of books and CDs. And yes, I do live on my own. My house is not very tidy.

Inspired by this thread, I decided to do my own inventory:

Dresses: lots and lots.
    Skirts: lots and lots.
    Blouses: lots and lots.
    Underwear: lots and lots.
    Bras: lots and lots.
    Pantyhose: lots and lots.
    Shoes: lots and lots.
    Other stuff: lots and lots.

I have tons of clothes and other stuff (jewelry, wigs, ... ) but I'm way to lazy to count it all.

No matter how much stuff I have, I still look into my closet and think "I have nothing to wear"

Karen Sue

I went from 1 skirt in January to a good size collection (hand me downs from my wife, thrift stores, a few things on clearance and a few things regular retail). My budget is I set aside $20 for Asew twice a month (when I get paid) and couple special purchases with my wife. I still spent less on clothes than my wife has in that time